Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Love Ben McKay's sense of humour. The "I normally take the best fwd" crack at harry then the "I was doing him a favour" crack at the whiney * fan. I normally agree with pagens stay off media St philosophy but these comments work for me.

Themanbun

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s amazing that everyone knows our side has lacked pace for years but we never really tried to rectify it.
Not so sure this is true. We tried to address it during a compromised draft period: we drafted Josh Williams, Hayden, Simpkin, LDU, Thomas, we shifted Atley to the backline to try to generate some rebound pace, headhunted Higgins, Jed, Jared Polec and Jasper Pittard who were all known as pacey types, and I'm probably missing a few of our other attempts.

I'd say we knew pace was an issue but we didn't have the draft capital to rectify it.

ferball

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not so sure this is true. We tried to address it during a compromised draft period: we drafted Josh Williams, Hayden, Simpkin, LDU, Thomas, we shifted Atley to the backline to try to generate some rebound pace, headhunted Higgins, Jed, Jared Polec and Jasper Pittard who were all known as pacey types, and I'm probably missing a few of our other attempts.

I'd say we knew pace was an issue but we didn't have the draft capital to rectify it.
Billy Hartung, WWalker, Hall, now Stevo, Young, Atu, Menadue and PWalker plus the kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DuckYeah

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
fu** we have some solid youth running around. When Jy and Co are being questioned as players, you know you have some decent depth. I’ll give you the hot tip, jy ldu and co deadset take a steaming hot turd on the likes of worpel and co. Worpel is not in the same conversation as LDU. We’ll make em eat our sh*t lads.

And fu** JOSH KELLY! Dog

Devington

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
fu** we have some solid youth running around. When Jy and Co are being questioned as players, you know you have some decent depth. I’ll give you the hot tip, jy ldu and co deadset take a steaming hot turd on the likes of worpel and co. Worpel is not in the same conversation as LDU. We’ll make em eat our sh*t lads.

And fu** JOSH KELLY! Dog
Wait he's going to the Dogs now? Oh well, that's moderately better than Essendon at least.

DuckYeah

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Loyalty exists.. unless you are that Josh Kelly rat. As if he wouldnt have been apart of as much success GWS have produced by playing at the club he grew up with. Nah fu** the dog. We are better than that.

we are larger than individuals. We have a phenomenal youth lead by a bloke that has been around the block. You can see that in the persona delivered on a weekly basis. We have a serious player manager who will not dictate game play and tactics and will let the gaffer have influence.

Ferguson’s management has been adopted at NMFC!

Remove this Banner Ad