Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know what has become of Mr Reliable? Haven't seen him around these parts lately and he never signed on as a BF player sponsor this year.
Yes I was thinking about him the other day too.

Does anyone know what has become of Mr Reliable? Haven't seen him around these parts lately and he never signed on as a BF player sponsor this year.

Just checked and found he last posted on 9 Jan. Strange,particularly now the season has started. Hopefully just travelling Europe or busy with the grand kids or something.

Gary Jnr interview a complete train wreck on The Footy Show.

He clearly doesn't want to be there and doesn't play there (or anywhere) next year IMO.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm............

EDIT: wrong thought thread....

Last edited:

I was wondering the same thing Horace and last week Orange Peanut sent me a PM asking if I'd heard from him or knew he was ok. I subsequently messaged Ms Reliable on facetwat and the answer I received was exactly as I suspected, and what I'd told OP was the likely explanation for his absence.

Jozeph's passing, and the manner in which it occured, had hit him pretty hard and he needed time away from here. She was going to pass on our best wishes to the great man the following day.

He'll be back (when he's ready)!

I was wondering the same thing Horace and last week Orange Peanut sent me a PM asking if I'd heard from him or knew he was ok. I subsequently messaged Ms Reliable on facetwat and the answer I received was exactly as I suspected, and what I'd told OP was the likely explanation for his absence.

Jozeph's passing, and the manner in which it occured, had hit him pretty hard and he needed time away from here. She was going to pass on our best wishes to the great man the following day.

He'll be back (when he's ready)!

Thanks Twinkletoes. Much appreciated. Hopefully he will be back soon, because he has been a terrific, balanced and very witty poster here for a number of years.

Thanks Twinkletoes. Much appreciated. Hopefully he will be back soon, because he has been a terrific, balanced and very witty poster here for a number of years.

Joe used to stay at Mr R's place when he was in town for a game or a function and they were friends, so you can just imagine the impact such a tragedy would've had on him, and how empty this place would feel when you've spent much of your time here bantering with Joe (and messaging him on a personal level).

Joe used to stay at Mr R's place when he was in town for a game or a function and they were friends, so you can just imagine the impact such a tragedy would've had on him, and how empty this place would feel when you've spent much of your time here bantering with Joe (and messaging him on a personal level).

Thanks again Twinkletoes. A very understandable absence in those circumstances. Hopefully time will heal and as you rightly described him, "the great man" will soon feel able to come back here and entertain us in his inimitable fashion.

He clearly doesn't want to be there and doesn't play there (or anywhere) next year IMO.

Will get 38 possessions and kick 3 goals against us in a few weeks. Mark it down.
I'm still recovering from flying up to see that debacle at Metricon when he ran riot against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EDIT: wrong thought thread....
I felt so sorry for him. Clearly some personal stuff going on ( as he said) and it was showing in his eyes and the way he spoke ,

I felt so sorry for him. Clearly some personal stuff going on ( as he said) and it was showing in his eyes and the way he spoke ,

Yep it was hard to watch. Looked like he could start crying at any time, and clearly uncomfortable the entire time.

Yep it was hard to watch. Looked like he could start crying at any time, and clearly uncomfortable the entire time.
Well as I understand it he was well compensated for his appearance so looks can be deceiving. :stern look

Concerning stat:

Time on Ground:

North:
Swallow: 72%
Cunnington: 69%
Hrovat: 67%
Thomas: 66%
Clarke: 66%
Dumont: 64%

GWS:
Griffen: 33%
Shiel: 74%

If our mids and rotation half forwards can't play out the game then we are ****ed.

This s**t needs to change.

Concerning stat:

Time on Ground:

North:
Swallow: 72%
Cunnington: 69%
Hrovat: 67%
Thomas: 66%
Clarke: 66%
Dumont: 64%

GWS:
Griffen: 33%
Shiel: 74%

If our mids and rotation half forwards can't play out the game then we are ******.

This s**t needs to change.
Ziebell did well at 80%
Surprised to see Turner played 84%
Clarke and Dumonts numbers are just a bit bamboozling. Both great runners.

Ziebell did well at 80%
Surprised to see Turner played 84%
Clarke and Dumonts numbers are just a bit bamboozling. Both great runners.
We consistently run our core and rotation mids on lower numbers than our opposition yet we get over run.

I used to think that this was a plan to keep our guys fresh at the coal face, but since we hit the skids last year and continue to get over run this year I'm not so sure any more. All our midfielders (and those who play through there) should be able to go at 80%+ so that we can have them on the ground most of the time, especially key players. No other club runs their mids in the way we do.

We consistently run our core and rotation mids on lower numbers than our opposition yet we get over run.

I used to think that this was a plan to keep our guys fresh at the coal face, but since we hit the skids last year and continue to get over run this year I'm not so sure any more. All our midfielders (and those who play through there) should be able to go at 80%+ so that we can have them on the ground most of the time, especially key players. No other club runs their mids in the way we do.

To me, that points to one of two things.

Our players are't fit enough or our gameplan is too taxing.

To me, that points to one of two things.

Our players are't fit enough or our gameplan is too taxing.

It's quite the noodle scratcher.

I can't see how our gameplay is more taxing than that of Sydney or the Bulldogs, but equally it's hard to accept that our players would be less fit.

Is is that we just have the wrong types of players - either not aerobically gifted, or can't hold on to the ball and so minimise defensive running?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back