Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So this isn’t a North Melbourne team in the photo, but my God, is that colour scheme on that uniform not the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? I feel sorry for other clubs who aren’t allowed to wear blue and white stripes.

Attachments

• 9C6B77D6-6233-4B7B-B5D7-8EB697D4ADD6.jpeg
    9C6B77D6-6233-4B7B-B5D7-8EB697D4ADD6.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 66

our theme for this year (lets win it for Scamper)
10984.jpeg
since he is going to be 16 this year (on the 11th this month)

Looks like one of the boys have started a supplement business

i read somewhere that we have not won a last quarter this year. i know we are ordinary at the moment but this points to fitness not been able to run out the game.
there should be a huge focus while we are crap to train harder and longer at the moment for the betterment of the future

i read somewhere that we have not won a last quarter this year. i know we are ordinary at the moment but this points to fitness not been able to run out the game.
there should be a huge focus while we are crap to train harder and longer at the moment for the betterment of the future
Simplistic premis, because our skills and gameplay suck we continually turn it over and get caught out of position resulting in higher workrate to transition back into defence. So it's hard to determine if we are just burning tickets.

Simplistic premis, because our skills and gameplay suck we continually turn it over and get caught out of position resulting in higher workrate to transition back into defence. So it's hard to determine if we are just burning tickets.

A very simplistic look at it, we are caught out of position as our fitness is not at the standard to be correct position . We struggle late in each quarter which again is a fitness situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have we just got too many running in the Mid now and not many Half Forward options?

Stepho, Taylor, Thomas playing through the mid (granted they’re better there. Give Stepho and Thomas one or two goals a game and they are a barometer).

Then you have Horne, Powell, Jy, Greenwood, and soon to be Phillips.

I’m not suggesting that any are playing out of position or aren’t suited. But should we consider what a better option would look like going forward from a development point of view?

have we just got too many running in the Mid now and not many Half Forward options?

Stepho, Taylor, Thomas playing through the mid (granted they’re better there. Give Stepho and Thomas one or two goals a game and they are a barometer).

Then you have Horne, Powell, Jy, Greenwood, and soon to be Phillips.

I’m not suggesting that any are playing out of position or aren’t suited. But should we consider what a better option would look like going forward from a development point of view?
HF is a barren waste land. We need to roll TT, Hornet, Curtis and stevo through there constantly

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Related to the Tom Powell discussion going on.

Fremantle use about 4 solid mids at centre bounces, and pinch hit 1 through there a game.

Brisbane use 3 the vast majority of the time and have 3 pinch hitters.

Melbourne use 3-4 with a couple of pinch hitters.

Sydney used 3-4 with 3 pinch hitters.

For Powell and Phillips to truly come on we're going to need to move either TT to a flank or Simpkin to a wing. Potentially both.

Related to the Tom Powell discussion going on.

Fremantle use about 4 solid mids at centre bounces, and pinch hit 1 through there a game.

Brisbane use 3 the vast majority of the time and have 3 pinch hitters.

Melbourne use 3-4 with a couple of pinch hitters.

Sydney used 3-4 with 3 pinch hitters.

For Powell and Phillips to truly come on we're going to need to move either TT to a flank or Simpkin to a wing. Potentially both.
Assuming you're thinking circa 2025... Cunners, Greenwood and Jed have retired... no one else from the mids have departed... we're still pretty stocked.

Mainstays: JHF / Powell / LDU / Phillips

TT, Jy and Taylor pinch hitting from flanks and wings.

Too stocked me thinks
Especially when Greenwood's contract runs until 2024!

For the others...
Taylor: 2022 (just guessing that he's probably accepted his future will be on the outside?)
LDU, JHF: 2023
Simpkin, TT, Powell, Phillips: 2024
Sleevo: 2025

Sorting the ins from the outs is gonna get real around 2023-2024.

Too stocked me thinks
I said it earlier. We need to run Hornet, TT, Taylor and Stevo through HF. It's a massive weakness for mine.

LDU has done well with stints inside 50 too, just needs to get his goal kicking sorted. Cunners can transition there one day also. Weapon.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dunno if it requires its own thread but just moving the conversation from the Paul Curtis thread.
Initial idea was to have a former player interviewed every week and this then played at quarter time with highlight snippets played in place of dance dance kids dance….

I like that idea - that and pre-recorded interviews with families, ex-coaches and friends of players on their milestone games.

Expanding on your idea they could do a promo video talking about the clubs history like a 'this round in 1962 or whatever' and interview people. You could even broadcast the same one every year or two. Would take f*ck all investment tbh

You know what else. We live in the era of social media and every person having a camera in their pocket. It might take some curating but I reckon it would be good to see the odd fan chipping in with their memories of players (past and present) or for milestones etc. We're not all natural's at it but I think it would be a cool inclusive thing to have a genuine member reminiscing about the time when they were 14 and saw Thomas light it up against Carlton, or their memories of a when they knew Goldy had "it" etc.

@shinte you could have it so that you tied the top together past player or moment is this share your memories to socials with some ##.

Further to the above I truly believe that there is opportunity to better connect with fans more than if you stand up and wave you might win some cheese.

These were rotting away in my grandparents garage, so thought I’d show them the light of day. Drawn by my nan, but I think she may have copied it from the newspaper. I’ll still consider them a one if a kind :) View attachment 1389088
Mate they are fantastic. Your Nan is a gem!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back