Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Last time we won the spoon, peeps kept it very real....

View attachment 395458
and he was President:
800px-Richard_M._Nixon%2C_ca._1935_-_1982_-_NARA_-_530679.jpg

The start of August holds new significance this year as it marks the time all assistant coaches AFL wide have to be informed if they're being retained for the following year.

If we have any resident body language experts among us can you monitor all of our assistant coaches' facial expressions at training today please?

The start of August holds new significance this year as it marks the time all assistant coaches AFL wide have to be informed if they're being retained for the following year.

If we have any resident body language experts among us can you monitor all of our assistant coaches' facial expressions at training today please?
interesting scenario, not so much for us (this year!) but it is for Collingwood. If the Pies are going to move Buckley on then you'd expect the new coach would want to bring in at least one assistant with him to start building his own team.

Are clubs allowed to make all assistant coaches vacant and tell the existing coaches they are free to apply?

Derek Hine may be available at the end of the year.

Has had a terrible few years, but could be interesting to add to the fold. Was seen as the messiah as little as 3 years ago.

Derek Hine may be available at the end of the year.

Has had a terrible few years, but could be interesting to add to the fold. Was seen as the messiah as little as 3 years ago.
My question would be how much of his success is down to Collingwood's resources rather than his own talents. Their under-24s are nothing to write home about. Scharenberg, Freeman, Broomhead, Sier all look like some level of bust. Aish, Mayne, White, Lynch were all poor imports. Crisp has stagnated after a good start. His GWS imports have all been good to very good, and Moore and Grundy fell into his lap as a F/S and massive slider. Greenwood and Wells have been ok but question what else they could have done for the same money. Give him a tick for Howe but that was an easy sell to a BFCAAK. Surely the buck has to stop with him at their terrible list imbalance. His recruiting pitch seems to boil down to "come to us and you might play on ANZAC day."

With no industry insider status, it would be a no from me. Still, I guess some fresh blood and perspective is always welcome.

My question would be how much of his success is down to Collingwood's resources rather than his own talents. Their under-24s are nothing to write home about. Scharenberg, Freeman, Broomhead, Sier all look like some level of bust. Aish, Mayne, White, Lynch were all poor imports. Crisp has stagnated after a good start. His GWS imports have all been good to very good, and Moore and Grundy fell into his lap as a F/S and massive slider. Greenwood and Wells have been ok but question what else they could have done for the same money. Give him a tick for Howe but that was an easy sell to a BFCAAK. Surely the buck has to stop with him at their terrible list imbalance. His recruiting pitch seems to boil down to "come to us and you might play on ANZAC day."

With no industry insider status, it would be a no from me. Still, I guess some fresh blood and perspective is always welcome.

He also recruited Pendlebury far higher than expected, Dale Thomas, Sidebottom and Elliott were really good gets.

Like I said, his last few years have been s**t, but 2006-2012 he was seen as the best in the business

Probably just gone to s**t trying to bail out Bucks's career for the last four years.

I don't remember this bloke at all, even though he has a bubble gum card.

Going by the picture and his relative anonymity, I can only assume he was a better irish dancer than a footballer.

1973-B-Scanlens-No-34-Phil-Doherty-North.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't remember this bloke at all, even though he has a bubble gum card.

Going by the picture and his relative anonymity, I can only assume he was a better irish dancer than a footballer.

1973-B-Scanlens-No-34-Phil-Doherty-North.jpg

11 games
19 goals
1972 to 1973.

A Jed Anderson type of the era...?

Boomer and Dal playing for the Vics in the Legends game, would be surprised if Boomer doesn't get at least 50 touches and 10 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back