Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like the concept but it's none of my business.
I think it's an excellent idea for match training simulation (which is what I floated on BigFooty before the AFL even thought about it - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/full-contact-afl-9s-origin.1037612/#post-30617549 ).

As a spectacle it's probably going to be less entertaining than the real deal but better than watching other sports.

The additional benefit is that Aussie Rules can more easily be exported for promotional games around the globe as soccer/NFL fields can be used.

As a spectacle it's probably going to be less entertaining than the real deal but better than watching other sports.

My only thought while watching it will be "Please no injuries FFS!"

pAf6pal4gpfnWtIvTGjMwquzD8BqE3DsT4I1Df9Q7Chu9xIaVHR4muR4hmYsfBAZWh27q1-BTns1sCRBf1dVCurv4drlvM9FkQgzfCa1=w512-h287-nc

Guys get injured in pre-season games (dare I say, like JWS) and in training so I don't see it being a greater risk.

Greater or not my only thought will be hoping we remain injury free. I couldn't give a stuff about the trumped up "game" per sé. That's just how I feel personally about this whole AFLX concept.

Hopefully we're moving well and whoever plays looks ready to impact the real stuff to come later on. In the meantime I'll be neck deep in the other sports whose results will count towards something and look forward to the AFL preseason proper to come.

That's disappointing that we'll have no one younger than 27 in our leadership group. Four is pretty small I would have liked to seen McDonald included.

JZ captain, Tazza vice, with Higgins and MacMillan the other members of leadership.

That is gonna crush the guy who hates JM.

I'm no hater but there is something about MacMillan's inclusion I find a bit underwhelming.

He's well spoken of as confident and assertive but a 9 year player with a single top 15 B&F placing in the last 6 years doesn't shout the right stuff to me. Especially when 'follow me boys' physicality isn't a strong suit of his game to offset these surprisingly low B&F returns.

To make it clear I rate him a good player and am talking purely about the scarce places in the 4 man leadership group.

That's disappointing that we'll have no one younger than 27 in our leadership group. Four is pretty small I would have liked to seen McDonald included.
I was actually thinking the other way - being the anti-Melbourne and letting all our young players focus on their own development rather than making them responsible for teammates is probably a good thing. They can be leaders in their own ways and grow at their own pace without being tied to official responsibilities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back