Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

http://m.nmfc.com.au/news/2017-01-25/north-appoints-footy-op.mobileapp

I haven't seen this posted yet so I thought I'd put it in here.

DC, I posted it in the Women's licence thread because I didn't know where else to post it. I suppose Laura Kane did join North initially to lead our charge to get a women's team.

What perplexes me is this is a historic appointment for North and for the AFL yet 10 hours later there is nothing on the AFL website. Heaps of AFLW news but nothing yet about a woman becoming a Footy Operations Manager in the biggest sport in Australia.

Is any one else having problems accessing the offficial north and AFL app? I am not having issues accessing any other sites.

Thanks, BWINM

Sorry. I mean it got posted there first but it's fair enough that you would not have thought to look.
DC, I posted it in the Women's licence thread because I didn't know where else to post it. I suppose Laura Kane did join North initially to lead our charge to get a women's team.

What perplexes me is this is a historic appointment for North and for the AFL yet 10 hours later there is nothing on the AFL website. Heaps of AFLW news but nothing yet about a woman becoming a Footy Operations Manager in the biggest sport in Australia.

My first thought was this is a big deal. Then I looked around and there wasn't much coverage. I thought maybe I was making too much of it.

Anyway, hopefully she does a good job of it.

Round 1 1999 on FoxFooty at the moment.

We lose by a goal to Geelong.

The most interesting stat is not that we let a five goal 3/4 time lead slip, it's our tackle count.

As a team, we laid a grand total of 15 tackles.

Could you even imagine a total that low in this era?

Wasn't Jenny Loughlin a footy ops manager at North 10+ years ago?

Wasn't Jenny Loughlin a footy ops manager at North 10+ years ago?

Not sure about her but Jennie Loughnan certainly held a footy related position of responsibility. :cool:

FXJ310684.jpg

Round 1 1999 on FoxFooty at the moment.

We lose by a goal to Geelong.

The most interesting stat is not that we let a five goal 3/4 time lead slip, it's our tackle count.

As a team, we laid a grand total of 15 tackles.

Could you even imagine a total that low in this era?

Went to that game.

Who was it that slipped over on the cricket pitch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is any one else having problems accessing the offficial north and AFL app? I am not having issues accessing any other sites.

Thanks, BWINM
The apps are generally updated just prior to the new season (from memory) and the old app decommissioned. Likely why you're having issues with the old one.

I just opened up the app to check and it's told me to update. Great call.

Except its shortcut name is Kangaroos
... goddamn it guys.
Interesting they went with the update option this year, usually they just release a new app i think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back