Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gary Buckenara just got the sack from the Dolphins, worth a look in a coaching/recruitment capacity?

was down at Kardinia park for a work conference this week, they have a great set up down there. Saw the players out training in the morning then I popped down to the loo and went through the cafe, yes the cafe and all the players were there having chats, Ablett appeared to be talking to members of the general public over a coffee.

Lovin' the Kangas warm up music this year. Panama by Van Halen into Kick Start My Heart by Motley Crue. Reckon we can pull out Chase The Dragon by Beasts of Bourbon for the Smack Songs Trifecta?

After the rumours of McKay with gastro last week, I just read that Bailey Scott had gastro this week. Apparently other players got it too. Can inner scrote types confirm this? Gastro is s bitch and it spreads like wildfire.

Appointed in January 2017.

Laura will now be responsible for the management of Football Operations, Welfare, Talent Pathways, VFL alignment and Women's academies.

Probably not the membership issues, but definitely the football department issues.

She certainly has some amazing qualifications to run an AFL football operations department: President Melbourne University Women's Football Club, October 2014 – Present.

Oh gee, that's nice. I played about 80 games of suburban footy, can I get on the AFL list now?

Don't bother writing about footy related matters to Buckley, send them to the solicitor.
It's how it works. AFLW starting. North wants a team. Who do we hire that could help get that going + bring in marquee players? Bingo, the club president.

It's clear that the North board felt like this was our only way to compete with the big clubs. Look at the recent video - "first Australian sporting organisation to launch the 'Gender Equality Action plan'

https://www.nmfc.com.au/video/2019-03-25/the-women-of-north-presented-by-mazda-cx9

The huddle, gender equality, first to get rid of pokies - it's the direction the club has gone. The problem with that is if it's drawing the club's focus away from football and towards doing what it thinks is right to ensure long-term success. Of course we can only speculate as to where the resources are going, but one thing we can confirm is we are playing like s**t and have done for a long time now.

It also means that you and I are pissed off on a Monday morning because we played like s**t and lost, whereas Chadwiko is down at the local hipster bar drinking a deconstructed coffee whilst sitting on a pallet, and telling his lady friends that he's so glad North almost have a 50/50 male/female in the executive positions. Nobody asks who won the game because that's not important in their eyes.

1554174916591.png

It also means that you and I are pissed off on a Monday morning because we played like s**t and lost, whereas Chadwiko is down at the local hipster bar drinking a deconstructed coffee whilst sitting on a pallet, and telling his lady friends that he's so glad North almost have a 50/50 male/female in the executive positions. Nobody asks who won the game because that's not important in their eyes.

Somehow I doubt that happens. The deconstructed coffee bit anyway, he strikes me as a Long Black kind of man... I doubt Chad is any happier than any of us come Monday morning. FWIW I don't have any issues whatsoever with any of our other initiatives such as AFLW, the Huddle etc and I would take some serious convincing - particularly in light of our VFL team starting as well - that these take away from our men's team performance. I think more likely this is an easy excuse, I think we're failing at football because too many people are under performing. Players, Coaches and Board. It's that simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously though, the 'past players interviewed at half time' is a terrific idea.

An idea that the accumulated geniuses assembled at Arden Street have not been able to devise.

The truth is that they really don't give two *s about what we want. We exist to facilitate their own bullshit.

WHO THE **** IS THIS PERSON AND WHAT IS HER CLAIM TO FAME FOR RUNNING OUR FOOTBALL OPERATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 646393

Edit: A ****ING SOLICITOR IS RUNNING OUR FOOTBALL OPERATIONS?!

NO WONDER THE PLACE IS COMPLETELY ****ED!!!!!!

We are run like the public service.

Filling quotes and not necessarily the best person for the job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Appointed in January 2017.

Laura will now be responsible for the management of Football Operations, Welfare, Talent Pathways, VFL alignment and Women's academies.

Probably not the membership issues, but definitely the football department issues.

She certainly has some amazing qualifications to run an AFL football operations department: President Melbourne University Women's Football Club, October 2014 – Present.

Oh gee, that's nice. I played about 80 games of suburban footy, can I get on the AFL list now?

Don't bother writing about footy related matters to Buckley, send them to the solicitor.

Absolutely ludicrous. Is this serious.
Qualifications are that she was president of the Melb Uni Women’s FootballTeam.

Approx 5000 club presidents around Australia just became qualified to run our footy dept.

This club better make some big changes at years end or my hard earned will be spent on a tropical vacation sipping pina coladas next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seeing an awful lot of experts around here yet none stepping up to the plate themselves...

I'll throw my hand up for "People & Culture"

Seriously, why don't you? You're obviously a very passionate man and whilst I don't agree with everything you say you hit the mark a lot of the time. Whats stopping you from having a go?

Somehow I doubt that happens. The deconstructed coffee bit anyway, he strikes me as a Long Black kind of man... I doubt Chad is any happier than any of us come Monday morning. FWIW I don't have any issues whatsoever with any of our other initiatives such as AFLW, the Huddle etc and I would take some serious convincing - particularly in light of our VFL team starting as well - that these take away from our men's team performance. I think more likely this is an easy excuse, I think we're failing at football because too many people are under performing. Players, Coaches and Board. It's that simple.
I don't have any issues either. It's 2019 and it only makes sense to do what you can to include the wider community and do a whole lot of good. The issue is North has a lack of resources so without seeing the books or knowing the inner workings I can only assume it's pulling from what we're all here for - the footy. Again, they may see it as a balancing act or think it's short term pain for long term stability. I'd argue that the scales have luke hodge on one side and will walker on the other, and will walker is stuck in the air with no sight of coming down.

At the moment we are missing out so that the club can let everyone know how great we are off-field.

I'm not sure if your "look at us now"
Comment was sarcastic or not.
Yes it was sarcastic. What is our 'stadium deal' today?

It has been more than decade since DBH. The AFL now supposedly owns Docklands.

Our 'core business' of playing football should be making us a motser by now.

And yet we are selling more games to Tassie and are too 'cash strapped' to sack a go-nowhere coach after 9 years.

Those of us with some sense can read between the lines. I know you are somebody with some sense.

But yes no one can not dispute we have come along way despite "needing" to sell games in Tassie.
That is exactly what I am disputing.

Great, we avoided being relocated (SOLD) to the Gold Coast.

That was 12 years ago, man.

And what have we achieved since then?

A women's team. A multicultural centre. Two prelim finals including a complete thrashing (and a loss to a team who were later thrashed).

And not enough revenue to sack a go-nowhere coach or even play eleven games of footy in our home city.

You know, our 'core business'.

s**t is ****ed and most of us know it, even if we want to pretend otherwise.

I don't have any issues either. It's 2019 and it only makes sense to do what you can to include the wider community and do a whole lot of good. The issue is North has a lack of resources so without seeing the books or knowing the inner workings I can only assume it's pulling from what we're all here for - the footy. Again, they may see it as a balancing act or think it's short term pain for long term stability. I'd argue that the scales have luke hodge on one side and will walker on the other, and will walker is stuck in the air with no sight of coming down.

At the moment we are missing out so that the club can let everyone know how great we are off-field.
Do we have a lack of resources? The footy dept spend has increased every year since JB took over and I think the Huddle is largely funded by the Scanlon foundation who tip money into other areas on the back of the club doing that good work.

Isn’t the AFLW largely funded by the AFL. It’s also helped get Arden St up to scratch to host matches which will surely be one stadium deal we don’t lose on.

This is brilliant.

It is a little unfair to pick on Chadwiko, he is just one example of what modern Aussie men, if they are in any way academically successful, and raised in inner-suburbia and attend 'good schools', tend to turn out like. They don't know any better. They mean well.

With that caveat/qualifier out of the way, let me restate this:

BRILLIANT.

EDIT: Apparently Chadwiko is the person taking it upon himself to organise player sponsorship here on North bigfooty board. If this is the case then he deserves plenty of respect for it, because it is a pain in the ass to organise stuff like that. I don't think my post is/was disrespectful but if it comes across that way, then let me make it clear that I respect Chadwiko for his passion for the club and the time he puts in to assist raise funds via this board.

Last edited:
Were you on the committee of the Student Inclusivity Club at Melbourne Uni or ANU?

Did you take at least two electives in Gender Theory or White Man Bad?

If not, your application will be given due consideration, at the bottom of the office trash can.

Thank you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back