Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Jy's reaction

20181029_201212.jpg

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The forum has really slowed down. I generally lurk in the slow times occasionally to see what some of the regulars are posting but its pretty quiet. I expect a little more activitie when the draft comes around.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The forum has really slowed down. I generally lurk in the slow times occasionally to see what some of the regulars are posting but its pretty quiet. I expect a little more activitie when the draft comes around.
It's part "this Tasmanian deal is getting worse all the time!", part "everything some media guy says is wrong". (I agree with the latter)

A lot less speculation leading in to the draft this year is no doubt having an effect.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
A lot less speculation leading in to the draft this year is no doubt having an effect.
Also the need for a decent break to recover energy after the gafftastrophe frenzy.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Yay lets watch a loss.

This guy gets it.
The 1999 game might be long ago enough to watch - in my mind it is the best quality game I ever saw, and even on the day I walked away glad I was there and not a bit upset.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The 1999 game might be long ago enough to watch - in my mind it is the best quality game I ever saw, and even on the day I walked away glad I was there and not a bit upset.

You missed the 94 prelim?

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
You missed the 94 prelim?
I was there - maybe I was too ropeable about the result that day, especially given the stakes, to appreciate the quality of the match. And I don't think I could watch it again, even now. For ages I read lists of classic games and wished North would win one of them for a change.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
I was there - maybe I was too ropeable about the result that day, especially given the stakes, to appreciate the quality of the match. And I don't think I could watch it again, even now. For ages I read lists of classic games and wished North would win one of them for a change.
Surely you honour the Nathan Thompson 'double cobra' game?

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Surely you honour the Nathan Thompson 'double cobra' game?
Doubly so as it was Collingwood. Although I missed being there - we don't ever go to games together, my partner's nan died that week so I gave up my turn and was listening on the radio while "watching" my son play at Scienceworks. Replay got quietly watched and watched. I'd put late Sav goal to sink the Pies on Mothers Day above it as a favourite close game (2003?) - that bloody hurt them.

EDIT.

So much to enjoy here.

Back