Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The forum has really slowed down. I generally lurk in the slow times occasionally to see what some of the regulars are posting but its pretty quiet. I expect a little more activitie when the draft comes around.
Well there’s only so many ways you can bag the Coach and Admin

I’m sure this question has been asked previously, but I’m interested to know where we have placed the money that we would have set aside for dusty, jk, gaff ect? I believe we need to be spending minimum 95% of the cap . Do we still have this ‘kitty’ or has the ship sailed?

I’m sure this question has been asked previously, but I’m interested to know where we have placed the money that we would have set aside for dusty, jk, gaff ect? I believe we need to be spending minimum 95% of the cap . Do we still have this ‘kitty’ or has the ship sailed?
The ability to bank underspend and use it to go 5% over in a later year expires after 3 years. So if some of the gagf money came from spending under the cap in 2016 it’s gone.

However it’s just as likely that we were under the cap in 2017 and 2018 so it won’t have affected our overall war chest in any serious way.

At the same time we would have taken some of the gagf money and used it to prepay/front-load/restructure existing contracts, keeping the Big Fish Fund at a good level.

Well Sydney took Tippett again to do some engineering. Must be ways to do things tho maybe not for all clubs.

Okay.......

46514635_580502645721192_2259478725584224256_n.jpg

..........who is it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

List comparisons by height:

How teams stack up in 2019

Players 179cm or shorter

8 – Essendon, Fremantle
7 – Richmond
5 – Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Collingwood
4 – Carlton, Port Adelaide, St Kilda
3 – Geelong, Gold Coast, GWS, Hawthorn, Western Bulldogs
2 – Sydney, West Coast, North Melbourne

180-189cm

28 - North Melbourne
26 – Western Bulldogs
25 – Sydney, Hawthorn, Gold Coast
24 – Geelong, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, West Coast
23 – GWS, St Kilda
22 – Adelaide
20 – Brisbane
19 – Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond
18 – Fremantle
16 – Essendon

190-199cm

17 – Collingwood, Essendon
16 – West Coast
15 – Carlton, GWS, Richmond, Sydney
14 – Brisbane, Geelong, Hawthorn
13 – Fremantle
12 – Adelaide, Gold Coast, Western Bulldogs, Port Adelaide, St Kilda
11 – Melbourne
9 – North Melbourne

200cm+

6 – Brisbane, Carlton, Port Adelaide, St Kilda
5 – Adelaide, Collingwood, Fremantle, Gold Coast, North Melbourne*, Essendon*
4 – Geelong, Sydney
3 – GWS, Hawthorn, West Coast, Western Bulldogs
2 – Melbourne, Richmond

*Essendon and North are set to add Zac Clarke and Tom Campbell respectively during the SSP. Both players have been included in these figures

List comparisons by height:

How teams stack up in 2019

Players <179cm

8 – Essendon
2 – North Melbourne

180-189cm
28 - North Melbourne
16 – Essendon

190-199cm
17 – Essendon
9 – North Melbourne

200cm+
5 – North Melbourne, Essendon*

Interesting profiles between us and Essendon*.

Minus the giants, they are shorter (and faster?) and taller than the huge hump of 180cm players for us.

My little mate lives in his North jumper. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago he had a touch of gastro and exploded a bit and managed to get a bit on his jumper. At 4:13am we are in full argument mode over him not wanting to take it off and me telling him he ain't sleeping in poo. There was only one solution, promise to buy him a "sparey" in the morning. Job done, so to speak :)

200cm+

6 – Brisbane, Carlton, Port Adelaide, St Kilda
5 – Adelaide, Collingwood, Fremantle, Gold Coast, North Melbourne*, Essendon*
4 – Geelong, Sydney
3 – GWS, Hawthorn, West Coast, Western Bulldogs
2 – Melbourne, Richmond

*Essendon and North are set to add Zac Clarke and Tom Campbell respectively during the SSP. Both players have been included in these figures

Goldstein, Brown, Xerri, Tom Campbell and ???

I thought he was just under, at 198-199cm. He was my guess too, though. I reckon he's grown since his last measurements, as he's only 21.

McKay is 200cm's, he's 200cm or 201cm's depending on publications.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back