Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Were you on the committee of the Student Inclusivity Club at Melbourne Uni or ANU?

Did you take at least two electives in Gender Theory or White Man Bad?

If not, your application will be given due consideration, at the bottom of the office trash can.

Thank you.

Official response: "You just weren't............suitable"

This is why nothing is going to change until there is complete regime change. These people are our "betters" and know what's good for us.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Chadwiko is the one who organises the player sponsorship yea? Literally raising funds for the club?

It's a bigfooty tradition that has been going on for at least a decade. He didn't initiate it. I think Lidge might have got that ball rolling back in the day.

It's a bigfooty tradition that has been going on for at least a decade. He didn't initiate it. I think Lidge might have got that ball rolling back in the day.
Yea fair go. Havent been around that long to know. Just seemed overly harsh seeings how i dont see similar efforts from some others wanting to take swings. But like i said, havent been around long enough so maybe im wrong.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Seriously, why don't you? You're obviously a very passionate man and whilst I don't agree with everything you say you hit the mark a lot of the time. Whats stopping you from having a go?

I would send the wowsers in to a feeding frenzy.

I have a history, and personal beliefs that are not conducive for public office.

Let's just say I am the polar opposite of the current regime.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Chadwiko is the one who organises the player sponsorship yea? Literally raising funds for the club?
Fair call. I will amend my post to reflect this. Organising stuff like player sponsorship, getting people to hand over cash, is a pain in the ass job, and if Chadwiko is doing that, then he deserves more respect.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Yea fair go. Havent been around that long to know. Just seemed overly harsh seeings how i dont see similar efforts from some others wanting to take swings. But like i said, havent been around long enough so maybe im wrong.

Chads alright a bad lagger, generally means well, just doesn't know any better.

Last edited:

Black2Blue

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
An idea that the accumulated geniuses assembled at Arden Street have not been able to devise.

The truth is that they really don't give two ****s about what we want. We exist to facilitate their own bullshit.
"It's for the kids". The excuse used to explain the AFLX s**t fest is the modus operandi for all game day activities. What would the kids know about past players, the AFL would say. The disinterest in club history (150 years mean anything?) and the dumbing down of popular culture has taken over so-called entertainment at the footy. And now we've got Marvel. Gonna get worse not better.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes it was sarcastic. What is our 'stadium deal' today?

It has been more than decade since DBH. The AFL now supposedly owns Docklands.

Our 'core business' of playing football should be making us a motser by now.

And yet we are selling more games to Tassie and are too 'cash strapped' to sack a go-nowhere coach after 9 years.

Those of us with some sense can read between the lines. I know you are somebody with some sense.

That is exactly what I am disputing.

Great, we avoided being relocated (SOLD) to the Gold Coast.

That was 12 years ago, man.

And what have we achieved since then?

A women's team. A multicultural centre. Two prelim finals including a complete thrashing (and a loss to a team who were later thrashed).

And not enough revenue to sack a go-nowhere coach or even play eleven games of footy in our home city.

You know, our 'core business'.

s**t is ****** and most of us know it, even if we want to pretend otherwise.
Not to mention, being a low profile club has its advantages and disadvantages.
I don't understand how we were ambushed by the media in a calculated manor with the GC.
Season after season we are tipped to finish lower then worse clubs.
Yet our onfield escapes deserved scrutiny and criticism of our coach.
Having a coach on the chopping block sells papers and the speculation is a blood thirty sport.
How the * has BS escaped this for 10 years?
Such a respected bloke?

Our media liaisons has quelled the greater media from digging their boots in.
But we never come out responding with guns blazing. (IE Tassie relocation) Just a meek statement by Buckley leading to more questions unanswered.

Yet where criticism is required , IE BS
We don't get a sniff.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Do we have a lack of resources? The footy dept spend has increased every year since JB took over and I think the Huddle is largely funded by the Scanlon foundation who tip money into other areas on the back of the club doing that good work.

Isn’t the AFLW largely funded by the AFL. It’s also helped get Arden St up to scratch to host matches which will surely be one stadium deal we don’t lose on.
Don't let the facts get in the way of this festival of specious reasoning

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is brilliant.

It is a little unfair to pick on Chadwiko, he is just one example of what modern Aussie men, if they are in any way academically successful, and raised in inner-suburbia and attend 'good schools', tend to turn out like. They don't know any better. They mean well.

With that caveat/qualifier out of the way, let me restate this:

BRILLIANT.

EDIT: Apparently Chadwiko is the person taking it upon himself to organise player sponsorship here on North bigfooty board. If this is the case then he deserves plenty of respect for it, because it is a pain in the ass to organise stuff like that. I don't think my post is/was disrespectful but if it comes across that way, then let me make it clear that I respect Chadwiko for his passion for the club and the time he puts in to assist raise funds via this board.
I have no issues with Chadwiko. I have a lot of respect for him taking over the mantle and organising all of the player sponsorship stuff. Like the mods in here that's an extra big of work he doesn't need to do but does because he is generous with his time.

But I can separate Chadwiko the North guy and the Chadwiko that took a joke I made, reported it, tagged in Chief and demanded I get banned from Big Footy. I also like to think that I still live in a country that has a sense of humour, so If I'm poking fun at Chadwiko i'd hope he's having a water off a duck's back approach to it. So if I call him the epitome of a beta and a male feminist I do with a * attached. * = but you're a North guy so I'd still shout you a low-carb organic strawberry daiquiri if we were out at a bar.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do we have a lack of resources? The footy dept spend has increased every year since JB took over and I think the Huddle is largely funded by the Scanlon foundation who tip money into other areas on the back of the club doing that good work.

Isn’t the AFLW largely funded by the AFL. It’s also helped get Arden St up to scratch to host matches which will surely be one stadium deal we don’t lose on.
Resources doesn't just mean $$$. I think we are stretched a little too thin in important areas with more of a focus on off-field stuff. That can be backed up when comparing our list managers/scouting network. We towards the bottom and we dwarfed by the heavies and WA teams in that regard. Harder to spot talent Australia wide if you don't have the eyes to spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But I can separate Chadwiko the North guy and the Chadwiko that took a joke I made, reported it, tagged in Chief and demanded I get banned from Big Footy.
If the joke was about race, gender, or LGBTIQZX, then don't take it personally, they are literally trained to take offense and report crimethink.

As I said, if a boy/young man is academically successful and raised in the inner suburbs (and/or goes to a 'good school'), his path is pretty well laid out for him in Australia today.

A few mates of mine -- not connected to Onip; other mates -- have been banned from bigfooty for cimethink.

When I was young, Australia prided itself on having a sense of humour. Those days are over now.

And I'm not even that old. I grew up watching Agro's Cartoon Connections ffs.

Imagine Agro playing with the blonde chick under the table today. He'd be up on charges.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
When I was young, Australia prided itself on having a sense of humour. Those days are over now.

Not if you just ignore the idiots.

Nature will re-establish the natural order when the castle of bullshit collapses.

"It's for the kids". The excuse used to explain the AFLX s**t fest is the modus operandi for all game day activities. What would the kids know about past players, the AFL would say. The disinterest in club history (150 years mean anything?) and the dumbing down of popular culture has taken over so-called entertainment at the footy. And now we've got Marvel. Gonna get worse not better.

The AFL making the Northern Academies having the same rights to players as the Father Son picks!

ApplecrossWC

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If the joke was about race, gender, or LGBTIQZX, then don't take it personally, they are literally trained to take offense and report crimethink.

I agree, I miss the days when we could make fun of immigrants and gays. It was all in good in fun, people these days can't take a joke. It's political correctness gone mad!

Are you one of those guys who believe that the Apu character in The Simpsons is 'racist'?

If I can't punch white campaigners who make stupid racist jokes without having the cops try to hang me in my cell then you campaigners have to put up with some *en political correctness you whining soft utensils.

Fair call. I will amend my post to reflect this. Organising stuff like player sponsorship, getting people to hand over cash, is a pain in the ass job, and if Chadwiko is doing that, then he deserves more respect.

He deserves respect for his opinion whether he runs the fund raiser or not. Just because we're proud of the community and inclusion aspects of the club, doesn't mean loosing doesn't hurt just as much as you. It doesn't mean your "oldschool" opinions are any more valid.

This whole macho-man BS of 'he can't really care about the footy if he also cares about other things' is what's wrong with the AFL community, and I'm surprised at some of you (not surprised with Snake) are spouting this s**t. Especially potting someone like Chad for no apparent reason. Shame.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He deserves respect for his opinion whether he runs the fund raiser or not. Just because we're proud of the community and inclusion aspects of the club, doesn't mean loosing doesn't hurt just as much as you. It doesn't mean your "oldschool" opinions are any more valid.

This whole macho-man BS of 'he can't really care about the footy if he also cares about other things' is what's wrong with the AFL community, and I'm surprised at some of you (not surprised with Snake) are spouting this s**t. Especially potting someone like Chad for no apparent reason. Shame.

There's a reason you're threatened by people like me, and it has little to do with me and much to do with your own inadequacies.

Women selected to positions in any organisation for the sole purpose of being women, is sexist rubbish, and brings with it trait characteristics that are detrimental to a competitive male sporting environment. It's harming the club right now and it's going to destroy it eventually unless it is weeded out. I am certain of that.

Last edited:

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do you guys remember the 2012 win over Geelong?

For personal reasons I remember it very well. Or, I thought I did...

Holy s**t. Aaron Edwards kicked four goals and set up at least two more.

Hamish McIntosh kicked a goal or two, Liam Anthony did likewise.

I had forgotten all of that.

Those were exciting times, back then.

Seven years ago now.

Holy s**t.

There's a reason you're threatened by people like me, and it has little to do with me and much to do with your own inadequacies.

Women selected to positions in any organisation for the sole purpose of being women, is sexist rubbish, and brings with it trait characteristics that are detrimental to a competitive male sporting environment. It's harming the club right now and it's going to destroy it eventually unless it is weeded out. I am certain of that.

No one feels threatened by you Snake. It's obvious that your a biggot. I will say it's super annoying that you spin every thread on BF into a woman hating diatribe, under the ruse of 'political correctness gone mad', 'why are people so sensitive these days' & various other ways as to excuse your old fashion/prehistoric positions/behaviours.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
No one feels threatened by you Snake. It's obvious that your a biggot. I will say it's super annoying that you spin every thread on BF into a woman hating diatribe, under the ruse of 'political correctness gone mad', 'why are people so sensitive these days' & various other ways as to excuse your old fashion/prehistoric positions/behaviours.

Stop lying to yourself.

Deal with your inadequacies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back