Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

TT I don’t think BS would kick someone in the back again mate. I’ll give him that at the very least

The back comment stems from a chat with a close connection who works closely with him at Hardon St.

Am I the only one who already feels a bit sentimental about Brads?

Feels like we never got to see the best of him, he wasn't given enough time to show the cards up his sleeve.

Knowatimean?

I'm a bit sentimental. Because he was at our club and I wanted to see him succeed the way I want to see anyone at North succeed.

But he's been the coach since before my eldest kid was born and apart from the last half of one year and the first half of the next we haven't looked like dominating the league at all in that time.

Hi all, trying to sell this brand new training singlet (forgot I had it in the cupboard but doesn't fit). Never worn. Still has tags attached. Size XXL, but is a tight fit. Would suit XL. $40 - pick up Moonee Ponds or Sunbury or can post. Shoot me a message if of interest.

Attachments

• 60814380_1975611235878633_4377295943549059072_n.jpg
    60814380_1975611235878633_4377295943549059072_n.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 60905630_655393284901347_1096762402029961216_n.jpg
    60905630_655393284901347_1096762402029961216_n.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 61269976_435959366951313_5904126795455660032_n.jpg
    61269976_435959366951313_5904126795455660032_n.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 81
I'm genuinely looking forward to Friday, it has been a while since I've been 'excited' about a North game.

That Freo loss in Rd 1 sucked a lot of energy out of this season. A real shocker.

Watching Shaw's press conference, it was a refreshing change, I 'like' this guy, I want to see him succeed.

If only this week could last a few months.

Reality is that if things go pear shaped over the next few weeks, the honeymoon will end quickly.

But yeah, today is nice, enjoying being a football 'fan' again.

Did a school tour this afternoon with my little mate. He'd spent the day at kinder and was pretty cooked, barely said a word until we met the schools' PE teacher. Told him that my little mates fave footballers are CJ, Nashy Holmes, Higgo and Majak Daw. PE teacher responds with "the only North guy I have met is Tom Murphy who he used to teach". Little mate has confirmed his desire to become a footballer and agrees that this is gonna be the best school for him!

Did a school tour this afternoon with my little mate. He'd spent the day at kinder and was pretty cooked, barely said a word until we met the schools' PE teacher. Told him that my little mates fave footballers are CJ, Nashy Holmes, Higgo and Majak Daw. PE teacher responds with "the only North guy I have met is Tom Murphy who he used to teach". Little mate has confirmed his desire to become a footballer and agrees that this is gonna be the best school for him!

It's a hardcore kid who has VFL players amongst their favourites. Respect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a hardcore kid who has VFL players amongst their favourites. Respect.
It's just that we go to the VFL do we can have a kick and a run around, and because he couldn't sit still for a whole match AFL style either. CJ will always be a fave, and Nashy too for that matter. Both are polite and welcoming young men, as well as being tough and hard at it footballers. I think Murph now has a number 2 ticket holder behind me though. Was very excited to tell his kinder teacher this morning.

It's just that we go to the VFL do we can have a kick and a run around, and because he couldn't sit still for a whole match AFL style either. CJ will always be a fave, and Nashy too for that matter. Both are polite and welcoming young men, as well as being tough and hard at it footballers. I think Murph now has a number 2 ticket holder behind me though. Was very excited to tell his kinder teacher this morning.

I’ve been thinking I’ll go this approach with my little girls. They can’t do the afl thing yet. Too much sitting still involved. Could be a good way to light the flame.

I’ve been thinking I’ll go this approach with my little girls. They can’t do the afl thing yet. Too much sitting still involved. Could be a good way to light the flame.

It was good in the days when you could walk in after 3/4 time - they get acclimatised to it.

And its quality time too. You get to play with your kids, get out of the house and watch some footy, lol, sometimes. Watch them play, get them to help with footy snacks, listen to them sing the song because it gets stuck in their head. Very simple but effective brainwashing :-D

And its quality time too. You get to play with your kids, get out of the house and watch some footy, lol, sometimes. Watch them play, get them to help with footy snacks, listen to them sing the song because it gets stuck in their head. Very simple but effective brainwashing :-D

Definitely the way to go. They’ve got 7 cousins (and a couple others who are line ball with their mum/dad putting up a fight for another club) about the same age who we're trying brainwash into North. I might see if I can get us all down there. We’ve tried taking them to the afl but the little ones lose interest as soon as we sit down. VFL just might be the way to go.

Definitely the way to go. They’ve got 7 cousins (and a couple others who are line ball with their mum/dad putting up a fight for another club) about the same age who we're trying brainwash into North. I might see if I can get us all down there. We’ve tried taking them to the afl but the little ones lose interest as soon as we sit down. VFL just might be the way to go.
Another bonus is that a lot of the AFL boys get down there to watch as well, so autograph hunting is easy, a photo or a bit of a chat and a hair ruffle. Pack a treat, a chupa chup is easy, and grab yourself a new thermos :-D

Took my young bloke down to Frankston for this reason a few years back (before North were back with the proper VFL team). FMD, even I learned some new phrases. And that was the crowd abusing the frankston team. Umps and opposition were defiantly copping the see you next Tuesday advice as well. Young bloke had enough by half time. I reckon if I go again I'll avoid the members and just stand in the outer to avoid that kind of stuff.

Morning lads and ladettes. Not sure if this is the right thread but here goes.

Recently lost my job and having a few cash flow problems at the moment so having to part way with some things including this little bit of memorabilia.

Framed with COA, it features signed footy cards from some of our mainstays of the 2008 team - Boomer, Wells, Petrie, Rawlings, Shagga, Thommo etc.

Might make a nice piece for a kid who was born in that year perhaps.

Pretty desperate to get rid of it. Hoping for $120 maybe. Shoot me a message if 1561843773101.jpg 1561843783528.jpg you're keen.

Go Roos.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was just mucking around with the ladder predictor and we’re a live chance to finish 15th. Unless there’s priority picks handed out that gives us pick 4 and a chance to snag Ash. Make it happen Rhyce

I was just mucking around with the ladder predictor and we’re a live chance to finish 15th. Unless there’s priority picks handed out that gives us pick 4 and a chance to snag Ash. Make it happen Rhyce

Any chance you can find two more like him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back