Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's a challenge - can you do a team where they had a brother at another club? Bonus points if we had the worse of the brothers.
Some starters - Boomer, Stevo (think his brother played for Port), Mooney, Rawlings, Sholl, McKernan, Motlop (both might count), Atley, Tarrant, Power, Lower, Swallow, Rocca, Kinglsey, McAdam, probably throw in the Krakouer brothers too... got the nucleus for a team already/

Paul Wynd

Here's a challenge - can you do a team where they had a brother at another club? Bonus points if we had the worse of the brothers.
Some starters - Boomer, Stevo (think his brother played for Port), Mooney, Rawlings, Sholl, McKernan, ?Motlop (prob were cousins though), Atley, Tarrant

Ben Schwarze.

Hey guys I have a few questions about merchandise for those regular customers. I saw the guernsey clearance sale in my e-mails and i'm keen to support my club through these tough times.

1) Is the Roo shop still contactable via e-mail or phone?
2) Do I have the option of adding a player number on the back of a guernsey?
3) And is there a long sleeve option for a home guernsey?
These beauties didn't post themselves...
20200421_153127.jpg

Some starters - Boomer, Stevo (think his brother played for Port), Mooney, Rawlings, Sholl, McKernan, Motlop (both might count), Atley, Tarrant, Power, Lower, Swallow, Rocca, Kinglsey, McAdam, probably throw in the Krakouer brothers too... got the nucleus for a team already/

Danny Stevens (Nick - PA & Carlton)
Stevo (Gary - Syd, Michael - PA & Nth)
Keka (Brian - Carlton, briefly Nth 2nds)

Ryan Clarke.

Did this guy get out at the right time or what?

7259040-3x2-940x627.jpg

Has the club made the last of its payments to Brads or is he still technically on the payroll?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mods - please delete if we can’t post from the age.

The Man who helped Ablett and Capper to fly high
Peter Ryan
By Peter Ryan

Monday marked 35 years since the great Gary Ablett took a mark down at Geelong against North Melbourne that won him his first mark of the year in 1985.
The champion Cat soared above a pack of players that included one of the game's most unpredictable characters Mark Jackson, a Brownlow Medallist Ross Glendinning and the Kangaroos' Michael Passmore.
Collingwood's Ron McKeown leaps over Michael Passmore in 1986.

Collingwood's Ron McKeown leaps over Michael Passmore in 1986.CREDIT:
Yes, Passmore, a little known North stalwart whose name doesn't sit at the top of the mind such as the rest of the trio.
Passmore is kind enough to laugh when Snap Shot asks him to recall being a stepladder to Ablett that day.
Advertisement

"Glendinning was our superstar, he was phenomenal and I remember Ablett just making him look like a schoolboy that day. I was thinking 'I'm glad I am not on him'," Passmore said.
Passmore was occupied enough watching Jackson, who never stopped talking throughout, the complete opposite to the quiet Ablett.
Passmore, an electrician for the past 30 years, said he reached his 42-game tally through having a crack and having good coaches.
But it's as a stepladder that people other than Kangaroos supporters remember him, his good nature making him a popular teammate.
The Swans' Warwick Capper climbed all over him to take a brilliant mark in 1987.

"They didn't take a photo of that one," Passmore chuckled.
When he bumped into Capper years later 'The Wiz' didn't miss the opportunity on realising who he was talking to, whipping out his phone to replay the mark with Capper as commentary.

The North Melbourne Football Club record for most days between losses.

273 - August 16, 1952 vs Geelong to May 16, 1953 vs Fitzroy
266 - August 13, 1932 vs South Melbourne to May 6, 1933 vs Richmond
266 - September 13, 1958 vs Collingwood to June 6, 1959 vs Carlton
259 - August 7, 1937 vs Footscray to April 23, 1938 vs Richmond
259 - August 30, 1941 vs Collingwood to May 16, 1942 vs Fitzroy
259 - August 22, 1942 vs Essendon to May 8, 1943 vs Collingwood
259 - August 21, 1943 vs Carlton to May 6, 1944 vs Collingwood
259 - August 25, 1962 vs Richmond to May 11, 1963 vs Geelong
252 - August 19, 1939 vs Essendon to April 27, 1940 vs Hawthorn
252 - August 21, 1965 vs St.Kilda to April 30, 1966 vs Essendon
252 - August 12, 1967 vs Fitzroy to April 20, 1968 vs Essendon
247 - August 10, 2019 vs Geelong to ????

So by my reckoning we create club history on May 10. We should celebrate somehow! WOO HOO!

We should have a trivia Zoom night about who kicked the most goals in the Cats loss?!

Cameron Delaney. He was at North for a year before Geelong picked him up, and Luke had already made his way to the Saints.

His brother was also the VicRoads assessor when I went for my license test. He barely fit into the back seat of the corolla.
His brother once visited the factory where I was working. Could reach where the forklift couldn't.

It’s kind of reflective of how us and Hawthorn finished our period of challenging for finals from 2010-16.
They won three flags and we got utensil.
Wasn’t Brad “disappointed” that we flew the flag too? I seem to remember something about that.
Hodge and Lewis almost got lauded for stamping their authority on us too.
I feel like RS has brought a bit of that Brutal North back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back