Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Nth V Hawfs '93 replay. 1V2. The Duck is playing his 73rd game.

What a game Aussie Rules used to be - what a cluster* it is now.

There has been literally 4 free kicks paid in the 1st quarter with bodies flying everywhere.

Longmire at fullback on Dunstall
McAdam looks 39 at 22 years old.
Crawford looks 12 along with Archer
Stevo running with The Rat
Dunstall/Carey kicked the wet ball for goal better than any player now with a dry ball.

A couple of old favourites in Larkin/German were winding up their careers. Both played through some rough times and missed out on the silverware...

In summary, the game is ****ed today and I yearn for the open but tough football that was played many moons ago...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watching Nth V Hawfs '93 replay. 1V2. The Duck is playing his 73rd game.

What a game Aussie Rules used to be - what a clusterfu** it is now.

There has been literally 4 free kicks paid in the 1st quarter with bodies flying everywhere.

Longmire at fullback on Dunstall
McAdam looks 39 at 22 years old.
Crawford looks 12 along with Archer
Stevo running with The Rat
Dunstall/Carey kicked the wet ball for goal better than any player now with a dry ball.

A couple of old favourites in Larkin/German were winding up their careers. Both played through some rough times and missed out on the silverware...

In summary, the game is f’ed today and I yearn for the open but tough football that was played many moons ago...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think we can count ourselves lucky we were there to witness it. Never, ever see the game played that way again sadly.

The Fremantle Dockers have agreed to part ways with three senior members of the club’s football department.

CEO Simon Garlick said high performance manager Jason Weber and assistant coaches Michael Prior (defence) and Anthony Rock (stoppages and structures) were leaving the club by mutual agreement.

Rock, a premiership player with North Melbourne in 1996, joined Fremantle as a development coach in 2016 and from 2017 onwards has been midfield assistant coach, with responsibility for stoppages and structures in 2020.

Worth a look?

The Fremantle Dockers have agreed to part ways with three senior members of the club’s football department.

CEO Simon Garlick said high performance manager Jason Weber and assistant coaches Michael Prior (defence) and Anthony Rock (stoppages and structures) were leaving the club by mutual agreement.

Rock, a premiership player with North Melbourne in 1996, joined Fremantle as a development coach in 2016 and from 2017 onwards has been midfield assistant coach, with responsibility for stoppages and structures in 2020.

Worth a look?
I heard Swallow, along with other assistants have been retrenched at Gold Coast too.

Worth a look?
Rocky has been here and was tossed after 2009 I believe when JYD departed and Scott brought in his own team. Dont personally rate him even though hes North through and through. One of those assistants who doesnt generate success.

Clubs top 10 draft picks since introduction of G.C. & G.W.S. ( 2011 ) -

GWS - 21
G.C. - 19
Mel - 9
Bris - 6
Freo - 6
St. K. - 6
Coll - 5
Dogs - 5
Carl - 4
Port - 4
Adel - 3
North - 3
Syd - 2
Geel - 1
Rich - 1
Haw - 0
W. C - 0

Not taking into account f/s, n.g a.'s etc. these are what each club has had. So out of a possible 90 we have had 3.

West Coast traded out pick 6 in 2013 in a deal that saw them draft Dom Sheed.

After forcing us to pay pick 8 for Luke Mc...

Richmond and Hawthorn were lucky to plunder the top 5 picks on multiple occasions before expansion.

Rocky has been here and was tossed after 2009 I believe when JYD departed and Scott brought in his own team. Dont personally rate him even though hes North through and through. One of those assistants who doesnt generate success.

I respect him as a NMFC premiership player but haven't heard the greatest stuff about him as a bloke. Pass.

I recall a brilliant line from a long-time poster who doesn't get here often these days: "an actual rock could coach better than he does".

Gezuz I miss us having a side like this.
Also, I can’t remember, but whatever happened to Adam Lang.

Went to that game, great memories.

Agree with you, Adam Lange looked like he could be anything that night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to him? Injuries? Just didn’t kick on.

Don't know, mate. I left Australia about a month later and didn't keep up with the details for a few years. Google tells me he played most of that year, but very little the next couple before leaving to play in the WAFL.

I remember Lange just didn't have the dukes to take a grab. Good buildand ideal size for a KPF for the time, but lacked positioning and general nous. Had some solid shoulder strapping though, so he had that similarity with The Duck.

I remember Lange just didn't have the dukes to take a grab. Good buildand ideal size for a KPF for the time, but lacked positioning and general nous. Had some solid shoulder strapping though, so he had that similarity with The Duck.

I remember him as a really strong mark?

He showed signs in 1999 and came on a bit in 2000-1. Pagan forecast him in an Aaron Hamill role for 2002 but then he fell completely out of favour.

During a form trough in 2002 Pagan let senior players have a say in selection and Lange got another chance but unfortunately never went on with it.

Digby was another who looked really promising in a 3rd tall or KPP role but fell away very quickly.

These blokes were always going to struggle in the shadow of Carey & McKernan.

Digby and Drew were starting to form a reasonable partnership in 2002, Jones, Harding, Smith and Motlop working in with them. Harris working in with Stevens and Simpson, Teague learning the ropes from Archer and doing a good job too.

Laidley did some things well but I think he broke up apart a decent budding unit too quickly by alienating Smith, Teague and Morrell from the get go.

Note - some might laugh at me rating Dylan Smith. He was looking like a good prospect under Denis who played him from the first preseason games on. Brave, marked strongly for his size and was a quick decision maker, clean user and smart near goal. His career hit a different path when Dean took over and he never recovered.

I remember him as a really strong mark?

He showed signs in 1999 and came on a bit in 2000-1. Pagan forecast him in an Aaron Hamill role for 2002 but then he fell completely out of favour.

During a form trough in 2002 Pagan let senior players have a say in selection and Lange got another chance but unfortunately never went on with it.

Digby was another who looked really promising in a 3rd tall or KPP role but fell away very quickly.
Lol.

I was totally hammered when I wrote that, so best ignore it KC :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back