Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Although my criticism at the time back in May came off as harsh Rob, since my post:
- the medical staff have been put under review by Brady
- we axed the senior assistant coach in Jade Rawlings as well as Jarred Moore, Scotland and others who didn’t make the cut
- the club culled literally half a side via the delisted 11, plus possibly more to come

I try not to take anything said on this forum personally but you alerted me to the fact I came off as negative or a hater and it irked me at the time.
I only hope that the footy boss’ response vindicates my viewpoints as constructive rather than demonstrative.
Fair enough. I don’t share your perspective on all of that but it’s fine.

I’m not of the view that the club can do no wrong. Obviously they do make mistakes, some bigger than others. I do think though that on the whole they’re professionals making decisions that have risks and trade-offs, based on data we (usually) don’t have, and that they’re as aware of the risks as we are. And circumstances change. Decisions that were fine a couple of years ago don’t fit any more.

This time last year there was minimal disruption. The outgoing mob didn’t do anything drastically irreversible on the way out. The scene was always set for Brady to do something like this. It shouldn’t be any surprise there are bigger than usual list changes the first year of a new regime. Then Covid comes along. This was probably the crisis we had to have.

You were coming across as being on a bit of a cranky streak at the time. Probably so was I. No hard feelings.

Morning walk with Mrs. H. Big male roo as we approached a bushy area who just stood and stared. Mrs. H. a bit worried. Stood and watched him for coupla minutes until he bounded off about 70 metres and he stared us down again. Big bugger did this twice more before he finally disappeared.

Mrs. H. not keen walking by herself anymore 😄

Next time if l see him again l'm gunna give him Caro's morning walking routine.

Morning walk with Mrs. H. Big male roo as we approached a bushy area who just stood and stared. Mrs. H. a bit worried. Stood and watched him for coupla minutes until he bounded off about 70 metres and he stared us down again. Big bugger did this twice more before he finally disappeared.

Mrs. H. not keen walking by herself anymore 😄

Next time if l see him again l'm gunna give him Caro's morning walking routine.

It's an omen mate.

Heaps of positives in here. https://www.nmfc.com.au/news/826849/letter-from-the-chairman

Especially liked this bit,

Turned a profit against the odds. We are viewed as an anchor tenant, critical to the success of the exciting Arden Precinct urban renewal project; Melbourne's largest urban renewal project earmarked to create more than 34,000 jobs and become home to 15,000 residents. This presents a generational opportunity for us to cement our future in North Melbourne and expand our home base at Arden St. We have invested significant energy into getting the best outcome for the club and our community. We will update you on our plans as they evolve.

I just went on the TAB Sportsbet site to see what odds Luke for most Brownlow votes for us, 7 players listed, and he aint one of them,

Jed $2.75

Higgo $3.25

Goldy $3.25

Jy $6.

Polec $8.00

Dumont $51.00

Zurhaar $81.00

Now i'm no expert, and even though he had a great season, apart from his blonde locks, i wouldn't have thought Jed was the type to attract Umpires votes.

Think i like Jy with a saver on Goldy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some interesting data correlating percentage with list age demographics from Josh Elliot.

Red = Where we want to be
Blue = Where we are
Black = How to stuff up a list

AS you can see, age has no significant correlation with premierships.

My strong hunch is that the swathe of delistings has already dropped us back over the Y axis. Now we need to score.

1602987436496.png

So i just watched the 77 GF draw.

Some points of interest
* commentators commentated, it wasn't about them.
* Dench's first goal for us phwoar.
* Barker lining up for a goal from 70mtrs out .lol
* My favorite moment and the look on this guys face who I'd suggest is a North fan as Briedis marks 30 out and will line up to put us five points to the good. Arnie had at the stage kicked 0 goals .6 behinds and 2 OOTF🤦‍♂️. It's at 1 hour 55 on Kayo. Would make a wonderful gif and sum up the 2020 season perfectly. Anyone ? Oh and if you're lucky enough to meet Arnie, and mention the 77 draw and his wayward kicking. He'll eyeball you and ask , " how many ******* games did you play?" And that dead set wasn't a mark to Briedis . makes it even sweeter of course.

1602992240203.png
* Billy Nettelfold what a last quarter, replaced Blight.
* Barassi changing it up at 3/4 time 👍

Heaps of positives in here. https://www.nmfc.com.au/news/826849/letter-from-the-chairman

Especially liked this bit,

Turned a profit against the odds. We are viewed as an anchor tenant, critical to the success of the exciting Arden Precinct urban renewal project; Melbourne's largest urban renewal project earmarked to create more than 34,000 jobs and become home to 15,000 residents. This presents a generational opportunity for us to cement our future in North Melbourne and expand our home base at Arden St. We have invested significant energy into getting the best outcome for the club and our community. We will update you on our plans as they evolve.
With all these positives perhaps this explains the seemingly concerted effort by those angling for pushing us out. Its looks like their last chance.

I just went on the TAB Sportsbet site to see what odds Luke for most Brownlow votes for us, 7 players listed, and he aint one of them,

Jed $2.75

Higgo $3.25

Goldy $3.25

Jy $6.

Polec $8.00

Dumont $51.00

Zurhaar $81.00

Now i'm no expert, and even though he had a great season, apart from his blonde locks, i wouldn't have thought Jed was the type to attract Umpires votes.

Think i like Jy with a saver on Goldy.
So..... $50 on Jy, $20 on Goldy, outlay $70

Return $300 = profit $230 almost 1/2 of next years membership covered ;)

Just reaffirms how good his 2013 was before the Achilles. ******* cut down in his prime :(

I'll say it again, we were a really good side in 2013. Just couldn't structurally hold it together when sides can at us in the last 10 minutes.

If we could've switched to Ross Lyon as coach for the last 10 minutes of every game we'd have been top 4.

Some interesting data correlating percentage with list age demographics from Josh Elliot.

Red = Where we want to be
Blue = Where we are
Black = How to stuff up a list

AS you can see, age has no significant correlation with premierships.

My strong hunch is that the swathe of delistings has already dropped us back over the Y axis. Now we need to score.

View attachment 988581

Using rounded figures without cutting the 11 the list would be currently 25years 6 months.

you remove the 11 and the list age drops to 24 years and 7 months.

if you remove Higgo and brown it drops a further month to 24 years 6 months, which doesn't move if you add Corr in.

It would mean that our list given the cuts is around the third youngest in the league going by your graph (not taking into account other lists cuts.

I'll say it again, we were a really good side in 2013. Just couldn't structurally hold it together when sides can at us in the last 10 minutes.

If we could've switched to Ross Lyon as coach for the last 10 minutes of every game we'd have been top 4.
We were. Majority of statistics showed we were definitely up there with Hawthorn, Geelong and Freo.
We were a devastating side when on to play against.

We were. Majority of statistics showed we were definitely up there with Hawthorn, Geelong and Freo.
We were a devastating side when on to play against.

2016.............lost opportunity.

It's only ****ing 4 years ago & a lot of folks lose focus on how quickly footy can turn around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back