Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Just reaffirms how good his 2013 was before the Achilles. ******* cut down in his prime :(

Very late reply, but wasn't Swallow actually leading the Brownlow that year until his injury? He was on an absolute tear.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
There is a Roos v Hawks game on fox footy from 1999 at Waverley and it’s half way through the 3rd Q.

They had a crowd shot of a family in the rain with say a 2 year old and a baby.

Now those two would be coming up 23 years old and maybe 21st.

That’s how long it’s been since 1999.

Sickening

WayneShimmiesTheBush

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I am hoping someone from the North family here can assist. My mate saw this tie for sale at an op shop and bought it for me, knowing I am a big fan of the club. I tried to look it up but couldn't find anything directly associated with it.

I am not even sure if it is related to the NMFC but from the inscription on the tie, it definitely looks like it. Hopefully someone may has some info on it. What would make it even better, is if it was related to the club and someone here has a connection to it. If so, I would be more than happy to send the tie to that person, if that was the case.

1610943403262.png

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I suspect that is a piece of under 17's memorabilia. It's a good find.

Allen Aylett probably played in that side.

kangaroo7 ?

BTW, if you want to move it on then I would definitely consider a purchase (P.M.)

Last edited:
Stuck on YouTube.

may get out soon...

I had some music on in the back ground and Queen's don't stop me now was playing. When the sound went off and kids were running in from everywhere in the last minute of that video the chorus was playing "Don't stop me now cos I'm having a good time, I never want to stop at all."

So fitting.

Last edited:

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I reckon if it's not Ziebell as captain this year it will be dumont for a few (maybe 2) to allow simpkin to focus on being the best player in the league before handing over the reigns.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I reckon if it's not Ziebell as captain this year it will be dumont for a few (maybe 2) to allow simpkin to focus on being the best player in the league before handing over the reigns.

bit hard to captain the senior team from the VFL.

I’d prefer him to focus on getting a game, with Polec, Stevo and Scott, it’s not like there aren’t options that are better than him who play the same position.

He is a defensive wingman, I’m not sure we will be parking the bus this year.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

I would be prepared to give 100-1 against that.

Back