Random Science news and articles

Remove this Banner Ad

FireKrakouer

I've been kicked out of better homes than this!
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hello to all you beautiful sciencey folk.

I didn't think this was worthy of its own thread, but has anyone else noticed that the Google algorithm has become less scientific over time? Particularly when it comes to drugs and medications.

I have taken the SNRI anti depressant Pristiq for 5 years, and am currently weaning off the drug with specific instructions on how to do so from my psychiatrist.

I have spent the past 48 hours puking and sweating and shaking, merely from slowly reducing my dose.

I performed a Google search on my withdrawal symptoms, and this is the first result I received:

Screenshot_20200723-153827_Brave-288x592.jpg

Great, thanks Google. Now read the first 2 sentences on this page. I have no tertiary level understanding of science, but I'm pretty sure my year 9 science teacher would be pissed if he saw this as the first Google result:

Screenshot_20200723-152936_Brave-288x592.jpg

The rest of the first 10 google results were not much better. Result number 3 claimed to have helped people from 78 countries get off Pristiq... yet it has only ever been sold in 3 countries (America, Canada, Australia).

CD Xbow

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hello to all you beautiful sciencey folk.

I didn't think this was worthy of its own thread, but has anyone else noticed that the Google algorithm has become less scientific over time? Particularly when it comes to drugs and medications.

I have taken the SNRI anti depressant Pristiq for 5 years, and am currently weaning off the drug with specific instructions on how to do so from my psychiatrist.

I have spent the past 48 hours puking and sweating and shaking, merely from slowly reducing my dose.

I performed a Google search on my withdrawal symptoms, and this is the first result I received:

View attachment 917713

Great, thanks Google. Now read the first 2 sentences on this page. I have no tertiary level understanding of science, but I'm pretty sure my year 9 science teacher would be pissed if he saw this as the first Google result:

View attachment 917714

The rest of the first 10 google results were not much better. Result number 3 claimed to have helped people from 78 countries get off Pristiq... yet it has only ever been sold in 3 countries (America, Canada, Australia).
It's rubbish that ''you should never stop Pritiq'. Absolute rubbish, suspect it's a big Pharma sponsored post!
Your symptoms are common. It's a pretty short half life drug compared to many antidepressants, so withdrawal will possibly a bit quicker and more rugged.
I have to ask 2 questions
1. You are doing this under your psychiatrists care?
2. You haven't been started on anything else or changed dose of another drug?
PM me if you want

Werewolf

Feb 12, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
If any animal is cloned and the species revived, may it be the woolly mammoth! No dinosaurs please. Jurassic park movies never ended well :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom