Random Things on Your Mind (Part 5)

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Digging an old thread up here but couldn't think of a more appropriate place to post that I became a father today :) My wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl around lunch time.

Still trying to wrap my head around this whole dad thing, but I assume I'll work it out on the fly!
Congrats!

You will work it out on the fly, good luck

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
LOL, no.

I just don't do pre-seasons. I rock up a few kilos overweight in march talking about how I'd like a run in the midfield this year.

ST in March:

r90_0_852_1270_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

ST in September:

8796a8a7f1e9859c312bd4e6c80cb80a.jpg

Somewhat ironically the September image must have been a pre-season one judging by Port's guernsey. Stiffy was ripped!

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Digging an old thread up here but couldn't think of a more appropriate place to post that I became a father today :) My wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl around lunch time.

Still trying to wrap my head around this whole dad thing, but I assume I'll work it out on the fly!

Congratulations mate!

Aw, little Abbey Eloise Angela Georgia Jenna Talia Rachael Sally Deni Ebony Rhiannon Calista Erin Stevie-Lee Ruth Sophie Jessica Becchara Jasmyn Brianna Courtney Justine Jessica Chelsea Sarah Dayna Marijana Anne Sarah Rheanne Stabby

Parenting is just like moderating i assume, you just banzhammer them if they're acting up

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Congratulations mate!

Aw, little Abbey Eloise Angela Georgia Jenna Talia Rachael Sally Deni Ebony Rhiannon Calista Erin Stevie-Lee Ruth Sophie Jessica Becchara Jasmyn Brianna Courtney Justine Jessica Chelsea Sarah Dayna Marijana Anne Sarah Rheanne Stabby

Parenting is just like moderating i assume, you just banzhammer them if they're acting up
As a parent I Wish I was on your salary.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Congratulations mate!

It's a lot like when I was a moderator, actually. I just gab out some nothing-talk, try to gently reason with her, and then if that doesn't work I pass the buck and let my partner make the tough calls :p

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone seen that 'running for the train' ad for Adelaide University? The image of a young person sprinting as hard as he can, to no avail, seeing a look of desperation on his face and then the train pulling further away - not really the kind of positive image you want in your marketing.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Apologies for the intrusion guys,
The family and I are heading over to Adelaide for the Easter break and my brother and I were wondering of any good pubs to watch the cricket in around the North Adelaide area?
Many thanks.
Late reply sorry!

The Oxford on O'Connell Street, North Adelaide is a decent pub. Will have it on the big screen.

Oxburger isn't bad either.

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Late reply sorry!

The Oxford on O'Connell Street, North Adelaide is a decent pub. Will have it on the big screen.

Oxburger isn't bad either.
Thanks mate,
The cathedral was closed so it was back to the hotel. Just as well from the result.
Not looking forward to next week :(
Hopefully no injuries - good luck for the season lads

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Apologies if this is not allowed in here (as I don't see anywhere else to post) but in the 'Death Riding Carlton' thread it was brought up that a fair few of you hate the Blues? Why? Doesn't it get to a point where you feel sorry for us and can't hate us anymore?

I thought the Blues were the good guys in the Collingwood V Carlton rivalry!

And, I use my 4 years in-a-row as a Crows member (not including every year as a child) as a free pass into this part of BigFooty, so no more threadbans, mods! :D

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Apologies if this is not allowed in here (as I don't see anywhere else to post) but in the 'Death Riding Carlton' thread it was brought up that a fair few of you hate the Blues? Why? Doesn't it get to a point where you feel sorry for us and can't hate us anymore?

I thought the Blues were the good guys in the Collingwood V Carlton rivalry!

And, I use my 4 years in-a-row as a Crows member (not including every year as a child) as a free pass into this part of BigFooty, so no more threadbans, mods! :D
The "hate" would come from all the trades done between the two clubs in recent years and the thousands of posts between the two boards in those times where neither Adelaide/Carlton supporters see eye to eye in what each of their players have been worth which has built up the bitterness between posters on here.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
The "hate" would come from all the trades done between the two clubs in recent years and the thousands of posts between the two boards in those times where neither Adelaide/Carlton supporters see eye to eye in what each of their players have been worth which has built up the bitterness between posters on here.
It genuinely sounds like full blown hate in there, so no quotation marks necessary. We're apparently "worse than Essendon".

The Gibbs trade saga was a stressful time, but you've got your 2nd round pick (which looks like it'll be Pick 19), the posters in that thread need to leave us be. We're not going to threaten you guys any time soon.. But, I must admit, the Death Riding thread will be glorious if Carlton pull something out on May 5th.. :nomouth:

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
It genuinely sounds like full blown hate in there, so no quotation marks necessary. We're apparently "worse than Essendon".

The Gibbs trade saga was a stressful time, but you've got your 2nd round pick (which looks like it'll be Pick 19), the posters in that thread need to leave us be. We're not going to threaten you guys any time soon.. But, I must admit, the Death Riding thread will be glorious if Carlton pull something out on May 5th.. :nomouth:
Maybe some do from when there was the under the table stuff, I was too young for those days so it hasn't affected me.

It's not just the Gibbs saga which again, both clubs lost out some by not getting it done the year before. It's Menzel, Jacobs, Betts etc, all of those trades have caused plenty of interaction between the boards over the past couple of years with so much chest beating to be had.

And much like Melbourne, we benefit more the poorer you guys do this year which I'm sure is understandable, even if the choice of words mightn't be.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

Pretty much for the first time we can delight in the misery of your season and it directly affects us (our pick anyway), its a bit of fun gives us interest in another game for the round, just like with Melbourne and when you guys play them we will be cheering you on.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
That so sad and sickening. I wonder if the kid is dead. Damn.

Im not sure any amount of martial arts training can prepare you for a coward king hit. Ive always been trained to be always always be aware of your surroundings. I wonder what the history was for that hit from behind. No justification, but Im wondering.

The first thought i had is lucky that the kid fell forwards onto his face. Falling backwards is often the more severe impact.

Back