Random Things on Your Mind (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

I raise you, with the board game Mastermind (which has been around for decades):
legacy

Thought for the day!

A midlife crises has nothing to do with age other than life experience. Growing up I always thought a midlife crises was about someone not dealing with their age and wanting to relive their youth.

Movies and TV shows teach kids and teenagers that by 40 you will own a house, have kids, be married, be somewhat of a manager and have money and everyone is happy.

My theory is a midlife crises is the 'this it?' moment where ones life doesn't match the expected happiness.

Graham Cornes brought up a story on the sports show once where after Chad played in a winning Grand Final in 2004 he asked Graham was that it? thats all there is to the feeling? It applies here because in his mind it was built up to be this ever lasting euphoria but it isn't. Its like as a young person we are promised this end of the rainbow happiness until we hit late teens / adulthood when reality starts to set in. And by the time we hit 40 and worked hard for 20 years we are like? * me is this life?

So to me a midlife crises is people trying to find their happiness and achieving immediate affirmation so they can feel better about themselves. It also explains why people fall in love with sports teams. The constant chase of happiness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only an idiot would take that seriously perhaps

People legit have that exact persecution complex. If that's sarcasm, it's only because there's real complaints out there over that requirement. Just look at the NT, you'll see that complaint made regarding citizens interacting without that exact document. This stuff doesn't just decide to mock itself out of nowhere comrade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back