Random Things on Your Mind (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

I had to get an AC serviced today. At the end of a god damned 45 min conversation with some Malaysian chick with hard to understand accent. She wanted me to get there phone app. **** that.

I can't stand upselling. I realise that its part of some peoples' jobs but still...........ugh.

I can't stand upselling. I realise that its part of some peoples' jobs but still...........ugh.

It's like every time I buy a coffee they want me to take there friggin loyalty card. My wallet already weigh 5 kgs and Is 20cm thick. I'm like George Castanza with hair.

Servos are the worst.

When I was in my teens I used to work in a video store (early 90s) and I still remember my boss getting on my case almost daily for not upselling and promoting offers to every single customer. He always used to say "I want this store to be the centre of entertainment". 20+ years later its still in my Top 5 douchiest moments ever.

It's like every time I buy a coffee they want me to take there friggin loyalty card. My wallet already weigh 5 kgs and Is 20cm thick. I'm like George Castanza with hair

I never take mine out unless they ask me, I just feel like a douche handing it over with my money when I go to pay for my coffee. Almost like 'excuse me, I am being loyal here. I want my reward'

I just say no to any upsell without any thinking

So last week our son was in the WCH. He's okay, just a bit of a ******* who bangs himself up a bit. If he makes it to 21 without permanently disfiguring himself through some self-inflicted trauma, I'll be amazed.

So anyway, the weekend after said WCH visit, we went to Toys R Us to buy the kids a playset. They young girl after putting everything through offers "Would you like to buy a balloon for $1 to support the Womens & Childrens Hospital?"

I flick away the "upsell" and say "no thanks" and am pretty chuffed with myself that this young sales person didn't fool me into buying some s**t I didn't want, and my wife gives me the biggest glare and says "YES - we'll buy 2!" and I'm sure uttered "******* cheapskate" under her breath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yesterday I reckon I experienced the best and worst in Adelaide's hospital system after Dad eventually got admitted.

First - I salute the nurses that work in our hospitals, especially the ones in ED. The s**t they have to put up with both from impatient, and at times abusive, patients, and doctors who struggle to spell their own name, and yet they still go about their jobs in such a professional and friendly manner.

There really should be zero tolerance in ED - you swear at a nurse you go.

Second - there are some absolute idiot doctors in our medical system. We spent 8 hours at the Lyell McEwin while doctors squabbled over whether Dad should be treated at the Lyell McEwin or the RAH, before determining he go to the RAH 'just in case he needs an operation'. That meant (after taking him down myself to avoid waiting up to 24 hours for an ambulance) another 5 hours in emergency before finally getting a bed, all because one doctor really wanted to palm dad off to be someone else's problem (and the doctor at the RAH said no surgery is required).

Last edited:
How is that TV show Out of the Blue still a thing?

Every ad I see, Angelakis cooks up some fish with olive oil and lemon. How many times do people need to watch that in order to get that's the only way he cooks seafood?

/rant, toey before North match.

I love the first week of the new US TV season. So many shows returning

My highlight - The Price Is Right :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back