Random Random thoughts and discussion

There was a bug/permissions issue where some mods had a permaban option (20 infraction points) in their infraction list last year or the year before, after a migration.

Funnily enough it was only the newer mods and it only lasted until one of them used it. :D

Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Couldn't see a thread relevant to merch but wanna throw out a question to anyone who might have a view. The Club is doing the big online shop sale which I have taken advantage of. Two pairs of playing socks included. I was expecting them to be the typical long footy sock length (the photos seemed to suggest as much) but I only got regular everyday sport sock lengths. (https://shop.gwsgiants.com.au/2020-afl-playing-sock-away/ is one and the pair I got only has one set of colour stripes, not two.)

I have no intention of getting them swapped or anything because it's a sale and still cheaper than most socks I've bought in the past.

Anyone else have some ideas on this? I'm a bit confused by it. (Not complaining though, the order was placed last night and it came in today)

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Two pairs of playing socks included. I was expecting them to be the typical long footy sock length (the photos seemed to suggest as much) but I only got regular everyday sport sock lengths. (https://shop.gwsgiants.com.au/2020-afl-playing-sock-away/ is one and the pair I got only has one set of colour stripes, not two.)

I have no intention of getting them swapped or anything because it's a sale and still cheaper than most socks I've bought in the past.

Anyone else have some ideas on this? I'm a bit confused by it. (Not complaining though, the order was placed last night and it came in today)
Perhaps someone just grabbed the wrong socks?

I've never bought those socks so I cannot help you specifically. I normally get given (birthdays, Christmas, Father's Day) the black work socks. They are nice and thick, which I like, but the left sock of every pair I've had has holed in the toe region (right sock is fine - so someone has poor quality control :eek:).

gee whiz giant

All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.
Just how great has Shane Mumford been? Here he is again, helping the team out of a jam by fronting up for Port.
The guy is a legend of the Giants.
In one sense, it's frustrating that we still rely on him, but vice versa, he is a completely reliable competitor.
This year, towards finals, I don't think we can win one with him in the team, I don't think we can win one without him!

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Better half felt sorry for me last time I mowed with a push mower, in the heat last week.
8AC2E200-8905-46FE-9AAD-D87D5D704941.jpeg

Last edited:
Back