Random Random thoughts and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I was standing inside it (behind first row of seats). Car in front slams breaks to go into a driveway. Bus slams on breaks. I fly forward, can't grab anything. Right temple hits windscreen about 20cm from left edge of window. Cracks through to in front of the driver.

Don't know how I managed to get away as good as I have. No cuts. No unconsciousness, no dizziness, no loss of vision. A few headaches but otherwise all fine so far.
That is an escape, same thing happened to my wife a couple of months back, fortunately a guy in front of her grabbed and stopped her hitting anything, way too many idiots on the road these days..

I was standing inside it (behind first row of seats). Car in front slams breaks to go into a driveway. Bus slams on breaks. I fly forward, can't grab anything. Right temple hits windscreen about 20cm from left edge of window. Cracks through to in front of the driver.

Don't know how I managed to get away as good as I have. No cuts. No unconsciousness, no dizziness, no loss of vision. A few headaches but otherwise all fine so far.
Similar thing happened to me a few weeks ago, except my head hit one of the metal poles rather than the windshield.

Unfortunately I wasn't as lucky and got a cut on my forehead. Made a fabulous noise and provided a vivid spectacle to my fellow passengers.

I write this from my phone, on the bus...o_O

Anyone else got/playing AFL Evolution? I picked it up the other day. Hadn't played AFL live for a while (traded it in a few months back as well). Might give it a good whirl next time I have an hour free.

Yep, have given it a go.

Doesn't justify the $79 price tag or $99 RRP. Lots of flaws and plays more like a beta than a finished product. It's playable still but could use lots of improvements, which I hope they take in and work on for the next edition

I feel the biggest issue for the game is the umpiring and hopefully with the funds from the new broadcast deal they can make them full-time paid and they can help develop younger umpires and also assist the clubs in understanding the rule interpretations
This has been an issue for a period of time and the situation of Steele earning a free and then being suspended highlights the issue further

Anyone else got/playing AFL Evolution? I picked it up the other day. Hadn't played AFL live for a while (traded it in a few months back as well). Might give it a good whirl next time I have an hour free.

I feel the biggest issue for the game is the umpiring and hopefully with the funds from the new broadcast deal they can make them full-time paid and they can help develop younger umpires and also assist the clubs in understanding the rule interpretations
This has been an issue for a period of time and the situation of Steele earning a free and then being suspended highlights the issue further

This made perfect sense to me. Inconsistent umpiring in a game is just true to life. ;)

I got an email from the Swans shop offerring their indigenous round guernsey. Wonder if we swapped email lists with them?
Could be from the SCG tkt purchase I guess. I'm a bit suspicious of these things.

I got an email from the Swans shop offerring their indigenous round guernsey. Wonder if we swapped email lists with them?
Could be from the SCG tkt purchase I guess. I'm a bit suspicious of these things.

Almost definitely the SCG purchase.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I keep thinking it should be called 'Uncle Toby's Cabin'.
Name needs to last a "100 years" if you know what I mean, will leave as is for a decent while and see what it turns into over time, as long as we don't end up naming it Ghost Town as a result I'll be happy ;)

Name needs to last a "100 years" if you know what I mean, will leave as is for a decent while and see what it turns into over time, as long as we don't end up naming it Ghost Town as a result I'll be happy ;)
Ah, where's your sense of fun? Since becoming a Mod...you've changed...:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back