Random Random thoughts and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant lie if the boys can beat West Coast at Spoess I will be mighty chuffed. They cant bring their cheating umpires over here

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
The Dogs did. :p

Turning this into a rant thread. The absolute vile that this Joondalup J peanut gets away with posting on the main board is becoming a joke.
He responded to my post and agreed in the too much money thread. May not have realised I'm a GWS supporter. My sense is he should have a lòok at the depressed need help thread, genuinely I wouldn't joke about something like that.

Turning this into a rant thread. The absolute vile that this Joondalup J peanut gets away with posting on the main board is becoming a joke.

Whatever you do, don't say anything. I called him an a$$hole and got two weeks. The Troll Protection Society will be all over you if you say anything that might hurt his feelings. Just remember - there are rules protecting trolls on the main board and calling a troll a troll is the first step to losing your account.

Then again, I also got a minor infraction and extra point for saying to someone who compared our cheer squad to animals in a zoo and undeserving of respect "you, sir, are an Effing disgrace"

Trolls are a protected species. Those who call them out are hunted down and dealt with.

Whatever you do, don't say anything. I called him an a$$hole and got two weeks. The Troll Protection Society will be all over you if you say anything that might hurt his feelings. Just remember - there are rules protecting trolls on the main board and calling a troll a troll is the first step to losing your account.

Then again, I also got a minor infraction and extra point for saying to someone who compared our cheer squad to animals in a zoo and undeserving of respect "you, sir, are an Effing disgrace"

Trolls are a protected species. Those who call them out are hunted down and dealt with.

I copped a week as well after the essendon game for telling him to delete his account. Prick gets away with murder.

Did anyone see On The Couch with Ross Lyon recently? I was very interested to hear them ask him about the strength of GWS. I thought it was such a random question in the the context of everything else they were discussing.
What has that got to do with Freo? Why are they asking him that? I've never heard them ask a coach on that show about the strength of the Giants specifically.
Draw your own conclusions as to why they did with Ross.

Yep so that loss was costly. WC looks like they will account for north so love ladder shows the Giants 7th. From 3rd to 7th in the blink of an eye. But also level points with 8th

Only advantage is 9th place are 3 games away

Not much will change next week even with a win. We want to barrack for the pies next week to do the unthinkable and beat adelaide in adelaide. But thats doable as they beat us at spotless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn the eagles have an easy draw until the meet us round 21. Need to win that one. Will be toigh because natanui will be back and our defense is testy against big forwards.

But then the play hawks and adelaide. Big last 2 weeks but they could finish too. We need to stop them in sydney

Damn the eagles have an easy draw until the meet us round 21. Need to win that one. Will be toigh because natanui will be back and our defense is testy against big forwards.

But then the play hawks and adelaide. Big last 2 weeks but they could finish too. We need to stop them in sydney

Sorry I cant back Collingwood to beat the Crows, for the same reason I wouldn't ask you to support the Weagles.
I am going to the Port game though with a couple of Crows supporters, who like most are happy to see them lose. Cuŕrently negotiating but I think I can get them to wear GWS beanies if I supply them and the tickets. I get three supporters aint much but it's what I can do. I will have to be careful as it will be in the general area, I had to let them choose their prefeŕred location. A few drinks before the game and my views on Port, anything could happen.
Re our backs, we're fine. Davis and Kennedy didn't look at their best to me and will have the Lions game to play themselves into form.( sorry Dianod, damn you gotta be careful on this board) Bunts is more important than most people think IMO, he will be back. Marchbank and Mohr are close. We were also down Wilson and you would think that cant be good getting the ball out of defence.

I actually beleive we'll finish strongly but am not confident about winning finals, the only way to learn as a club is to play in them.

Can someone help me with something. I need to PM one of the main board mods. Something happened that I need a response to, but dont want to post about. I have read the rules but dont get the protocol, or even if it can be done. I havent had any interaction with them, probably lucky I get.

On the main board in the stickies. Theres a list of mods. Doss is one. Click on his name and you can start a message with him. Hope alls good mate.
No biggie really, just a Hawks bandwaggoner did something troubling re privacy. He's not significant but it worries me in the big picture. Tks for the info, I have exchanged posts with him before and will do as you suggest

No biggie really, just a Hawks bandwaggoner did something troubling re privacy. He's not significant but it worries me in the big picture. Tks for the info, I have exchanged posts with him before and will do as you suggest
I hate to say it, but don't get your hopes up about anything happening. I had a guy make an account (after being perma-banned twice) with my profile at the time and the same name as myself except a 77 instead of 17. He went through a few boards and threads posting disgusting things (one celebrating a news story about a kid who's eyes got eaten by rats). He got banned again and then was allowed back two months later.

Hopefully your circumstance turns out more fruitful though

Good luck RE: Trolls and Mods.

I think if we win one final this year it will be a successful campaign and perfect launch into 2017. That was the expectation at the start of the year and I think will be by the end. At the moment the boys are ironing out the last few creases in their ups and downs in their mental preparation of a game.

2017 there should be no excuses and a grand final finish should be minimum.

I think if we win one final this year it will be a successful campaign and perfect launch into 2017. That was the expectation at the start of the year and I think will be by the end. At the moment the boys are ironing out the last few creases in their ups and downs in their mental preparation of a game.

No argument. When we get to thirteen wins, I'm calling it a good year. Guess then I will be hopin for two finals one way or the other for experience for next year.

That's one way to almost guarantee yourself disappointment. What if Ward does a knee? Or we have an off day in the semi finals? etc etc etc. Upsets happen in the finals all the time, and preseason favourites miss the finals semi-regularly. If we make the GF, great! But expecting it is getting way way way ahead of ourselves.

The mods on the main board are at a bit of a loss. They like the "franchises" getting hammered and forget that alternate names for clubs is not allowed when it involves us.
The leesh is a bit longer for franchise trolls. Heaven forbid you bag a traditional though....

I dont think a gf win is our only measure of success, Would be nice, but we should be a finals team for the next decade.

That's one way to almost guarantee yourself disappointment. What if Ward does a knee? Or we have an off day in the semi finals? etc etc etc. Upsets happen in the finals all the time, and preseason favourites miss the finals semi-regularly. If we make the GF, great! But expecting it is getting way way way ahead of ourselves.

I'll be disappointed!

It doesn't mean I'll jump off a bridge! If they don't have high expectations (as we, the fans do) then they will never win a flag. I would like to think that we have enough talent that if one goes down (although ruck still seems an issue), others can fill in and cover. That has been Hawthorn's mantra.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back