Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
The thing I'm noticing, also though, is the number of neutrals who are starting to have a go on our behalf about how there's so much more winging and whining than ever before. That it's becoming stupid. Usually it's only us that have to rebut the stupidity, but we are now actually getting some help. Not every BF poster is against us, and while I've known this for a long time, it's actually nice to see some of them speaking up.

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Job done, bloody painful though. 10 mins in the queue and I had an old account so had the modify all the details. Wondering if I'd have to mug a Bulldogs supporter for their tkts for a few minutes.
Dont get why people like ticketmaster, I really am getting to old for this. They should have an over 50 priority queue!

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
The downside to this weekends draw is, assuming we both win, swans fans will have a 24hr jump on us in booking flights and accommodation for the GF.

For that reason, looks like I'm barracking for the Cats on Friday.

We've already booked our accommodation (no fee cancellation) and I'm hoping that our major sponsor might put a couple of extra "Giant Flights" on for supporters.

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
I hope people change their allegiance for the finals on their account. Right now when I respond to someone on the main board I cant tell if their a dual member residing in Sydney or a GWS hater. :oops:

I get the regulars of course, guess it's the price of supporting a successful club, we're in the spotlight.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
So Gerard just said on 360 that the Bulldogs bought 8,000 tickets and sold them on to club members - how did they get around the 4 per barcode 10 per transaction rules?

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
So Gerard just said on 360 that the Bulldogs bought 8,000 tickets and sold them on to club members - how did they get around the 4 per barcode 10 per transaction rules?
Hang on, is this included in to 8600 they said had bought tickets from their club ? Because that would mean 16 000 dogs fans. Surely that must be BS

grouse mate

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2014
On a bike
AFL Club
GWS

Notice a lot of people on their board doubled up on tickets by mistake, buying a guest pass accidently when they didnt need one.

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Notice a lot of people on their board doubled up on tickets by mistake, buying a guest pass accidently when they didnt need one.
Hopefully the people trolling our board and posting rubbish on the main board. Quite likely I would think.

I almost did that too. Really not obvious. On top of that there wasn't any Cat 4 or 5, and no way to purchase a family ticket that I could see. Fail on all counts.

Ended up not bothering and buying when they went on sale to all punters with no issues.

Mogwai

Club Legend
Dec 14, 2012
The Capitol
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Central Coast Mariners
Hey gigantics,

Based in the ACT nowadays, glad to see the team doing well. Consider them my local team (I've gotten around the big big sound from Canberra town) and it was lovely seeing Manuka packed out.

Plus, I'm loving this board already. There's another CCM fan around these parts. It's like spotting a unicorn.

Plus, I'm loving this board already. There's another CCM fan around these parts. It's like spotting a unicorn.

Heh, it was a long and tortured path there via Queensland Roar through NQ Fury and then moved local when it became apparent the A-League wanted to * over the Fury every way they could.

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Sheeesh
Just reading the Bulldogs board. They are copying posts from our board and ridiculing them. They really do do have a disgraceful low end. I feel for their serious posters, I think I'd have to walk away from BF if I was one of them.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Sheeesh
Just reading the Bulldogs board. They are copying posts from our board and ridiculing them. They really do do have a disgraceful low end. I feel for their serious posters, I think I'd have to walk away from BF if I was one of them.
Be nice

After all we are the reason they havent won in 50 years

Flogs.

Read a few pages and its all whiney bitching. Meh

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Be nice

After all we are the reason they havent won in 50 years

Flogs.

Read a few pages and its all whiney bitching. Meh
Yeah they really are
I read the rules when I started posting and it's clear club boards are a sanctuary. When I post on opposition boards I do so carefully and respectfully.I expect the same on our board.
It is also clear you cannot link to posts within a club board outside the board. The effect of copying is identical so it must surely be the same rule.
I just dont understand the thought process that would lead anyone to think it's ok.
I actually support their right to whinge and whine, and even disparage our club there.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Yeah they really are
I read the rules when I started posting and it's clear club boards are a sanctuary. When I post on opposition boards I do so carefully and respectfully.I expect the same on our board.
It is also clear you cannot link to posts within a club board outside the board. The effect of copying is identical so it must surely be the same rule.
I just dont understand the thought process that would lead anyone to think it's ok.
I actually support their right to whinge and whine, and even disparage our club there.
Hense the meh. Can say what they want on their board.

Almost as funny as the Saints trades board.

BarryAglett

7th Round Draft Pick
Sep 24, 2014
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
The Swans board was similar before the QF. The usual unoriginal comments interspersed with the fair and reasonable comments.

Copying and pasting is pretty gutless and a reflection on those individuals. Most of the Doggies people I know have been really good and are excited for the contest and encouraging of GWS chances.

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
The Swans board was similar before the QF. The usual unoriginal comments interspersed with the fair and reasonable comments.

Copying and pasting is pretty gutless and a reflection on those individuals. Most of the Doggies people I know have been really good and are excited for the contest and encouraging of GWS chances.
I get it's coloured by personal experience but the main board thred is appalling in my view, and the Swan's was mostly fun. I've given up on it as waste of time. I wont be retreating on our board, as I did for the Port game, but I dont have good feeling about that either.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Just looking at the contract thread which reads....

List size restrictions for coming years:

2016 - 42-46 senior list, nine rookies with $520k - $760k TPP extra allowance;
2017 - 40-44 senior list, nine rookies with $400k - $640k TPP extra allowance;
2018 - 38-42 senior list, nine rookies with $200k - $520k TPP extra allowance;
2019 - 38 senior list, nine rookies in line with other AFL clubs.

But Gill just said on AFL 360 that 2017 will be the first time since he's been CEO that all teams will have the same salary cap. All teams will be even.

So I'm wondering - when we're the above allowances stripped?

First I've heard of it.

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS

But Gill just said on AFL 360 that 2017 will be the first time since he's been CEO that all teams will have the same salary cap. All teams will be even.

First I've heard of it.
Sssssshh!

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
Hey gigantics,

Based in the ACT nowadays, glad to see the team doing well. Consider them my local team (I've gotten around the big big sound from Canberra town) and it was lovely seeing Manuka packed out.

Another mariners fan on BF?

I find that hard to believe. :)

First I've heard of it.

I think he probably means "on a per player basis", otherwise there'd be a lot more news about us getting down to 38 players this off-season.

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Two members of my company are on the way to Mexico, to go to a conference.

I just got off the phone to a nice person from the very big company who we are signing a deal with there. Said multinational are, apparently, planning a tequila tasting at their booth.

May God have mercy upon their souls.

Back