Random Random thoughts and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Well said by Tommo here
Speaking on EON Sports Radio’s The Morning Rush on Thursday, Tomlinson opened up about how long it took him to settle into life in New South Wales after moving north from Victoria. “I didn’t think I’d make it past my first year,” Tomlinson said. “I loved footy, but outside of it, I didn’t put any effort into enjoying what Sydney had to offer. “It took me two-and-a-bit years to find out what Sydney’s really like.” Asked what advice he’d give to new draftees, Tomlinson said it takes effort for players to prevent or overcome homesickness. “For anyone who does get drafted interstate, you’ve really got to put effort in to enjoy it,” Tomlinson said. “You can’t just sit at home and watch movies and say your homesick, you’ve actually got to go out and do things.”
http://eonsports.com.au/i-didnt-think-id-make-it-past-my-first-year-gws-gun/

Watching Guardians Of The Galaxy.
Such a surprise hit this one. Thought it would be ok in a weird sense but loved it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Yes, loved it too. Great character development and sense of fun. Not since the original Star Wars movies have I enjoyed SciFi so much.

Gotta save thanos for the avengers.

Agree that he is a good actor and he played a great thranduil but grima wormtongue was a more compelling villain than ronan

You're asking for a complex, nuanced, villain in a marvel adaptation?

Seriously?

FWIW - I think Guardians is way way better than any of the avenger movies and am eagerly awaiting "2"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep

I like marve movies don't get me wrong but the critical acclaim is a bit much and the level of hate directed towards DC is on par with academies and concessions
The problem with DC is the editing

-Casting (bah Luthor) has been brilliant
- Stories great
- But the editing has been woeful.

The problem with DC is the editing

-Casting (bah Luthor) has been brilliant
- Stories great
- But the editing has been woeful.

Agree with the theatrical releases that the pacing and overall flow has been clunky but watch the ultimate editions and you can see the brilliance of it.

And more specifically Vertigo

Don't get me wrong. Marvel has its place, as does basic DC, but I like grown up comics. Give me Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Garth Ennis or Bill Willingham any day.
100% agree

Also give the injustice series by tom Taylor a read. Fantastic stuff.

Also kingdom come is a classic that everyone should read

Yes for BvS but it didnt really help SS.

Looking forward to WW and JL.

I haven't yet seen SS in ultimate yet but I enjoyed the theatrical release. Having read the new 52 suicide squad and knowing that it's not a joker movie made me go in knowing what to expect.

Just found this guys page with artwork

https://www.facebook.com/Max-Mizrahie-Design-1462553570713366/

ef9fd0917527748117c17a4898112ec8.jpg

45d357617381ae58e08a4c885e91382e.jpg

32a74784da2039c9e6c7621be3dbff2f.jpg

Looks the goods.

Same, looking forward to it :)

Feel free to say hi to the guy in the Lions academy guernsey and Giants cap (actual gear TBD - I may chicken out).

Looking forward to it. I don't get a leave pass often, so I plan on getting in a little early for dinner at one of the craft beer pubs between Central and Moore Park. :D

Feel free to say hi to the guy in the Lions academy guernsey and Giants cap (actual gear TBD - I may chicken out).

Looking forward to it. I don't get a leave pass often, so I plan on getting in a little early for dinner at one of the craft beer pubs between Central and Moore Park. :D

I'll be there with my daughter, look for the guy in the 16 members shirt with an orange and charcoal backpack with a Matt Kennedy badge on it :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back