Random Random thoughts and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Still in, in principal. Biggest issue I see is deciding the player. Would have to a two stage process pick the player and then the sponsorship?
I would think so also, the Saints guys were tiered with the developing players significantly less that the established ones, suspect this would be similar.
I'll talk to the club over the next week or so and see what they say

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/club/corporate/player-partners

Yep, that's what I was thinking of. A member-based player sponsorship will run a meet the player night, get a signed guernsey, etc, so there's a fair bit of interest. I'm not sure what the story is with corporate sponsorship as the above doesn't make as much sense.

Probably something for us to start talking about mid year with a view to taking up one next year?
I'm not sure on cost, I do know St Kilda a few years back was only a few thousand so whilst it would require a number of people to buy in at $50 - $100 a "share" it doesn't feel like like shooting for the moon.

St Kilda is definitely on the pricier side. Brisbane player prices vary between about $300-700 and there's four sponsorship slots per player. Fremantle (IIRC) is another example of a club that doesn't provide player sponsorship.

Of course, it looks like all the male players have corporate sponsorship already (though there are a few double and triple ups from some companies)

On the women's side, however, it appears only Rebecca's Beeson and Isabella Rudolf have a "Player Partner"

Probably cheaper, certainly more scope to pick.

Worth a thought?

Of course, it looks like all the male players have corporate sponsorship already (though there are a few double and triple ups from some companies)

On the women's side, however, it appears only Rebecca's Beeson and Isabella Rudolf have a "Player Partner"

Worth a thought?
For sure, was looking to ring Gavin Monday, will ask about the AFLW and what's involved, bearing in mind though their season is about to end and so will probably be a next year thing also.

For sure, was looking to ring Gavin Monday, will ask about the AFLW and what's involved, bearing in mind though their season is about to end and so will probably be a next year thing also.

Oh yeah, realised it was a next year thing (at best). We don't even know if it's feasible yet. Other boards are much bigger so the individual contributions will be smaller than here.

Thanks for calling the club, will be very interested in what you learn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the women's side, however, it appears only Re:thumbsu:becca's Beeson and Isabella Rudolf have a "Player Partner"

Worth a thought?
I think that's a really good idea
:thumbsu:

You'll have to fight captainMyCaptain for that privilege I'm afraid...
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2017-giants-player-advocate-draft.1153905/

Or are you suggesting we all chip in actual money and actually sponsor the player like some of the corporates do?

What other boards do this, do you know? I think the Geelong board does, or at least used to. Any others?

Swans do, Get a huge bunch of people to chip in $25,$50,$100 etc. And you get a shiny badge.

Swans do, Get a huge bunch of people to chip in $25,$50,$100 etc. And you get a shiny badge.
We are looking at this also, at this point though I think we would struggle to get 30 people put their hand in their pocket, something we are hoping will change swiftly with exposure and success.

We are looking at this also, at this point though I think we would struggle to get 30 people put their hand in their pocket, something we are hoping will change swiftly with exposure and success.
Seems to be a new GWS accounts on BF but not many on our board lately, as I've noticed anyway. Some would be Bennies but our communiy on BF might on the way up.

Anyone happened to buy tkts though the club for AO?
I did and it said they would be posted. Haven't turned up yet and I leave Friday. Starting to be a bit concerned as I leave Friday. Tried to call yesterday but went to full mailbox everytime. Had two missed calls late yesterday from the club, cant answer at work. Will call Monday but wondering if anyone else in the same boat?

Are we there yet?
How much longer do we have to wait until the footy starts?
:cool: I fearlessy predict there'll be great wins and terrible losses.
Times of elation and despair.
Periods of great worry and nail biting, interspersed with the sheer joy of watching Dylan, Kelly, Wilson et al running through traffic, Rory flying above the pack , and well you get the idea.
Twas ever thus. Cant wait!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back