Random Random thoughts and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone else getting peed off at ch seven for showing less and less fta AFL games? No fta game on again this arvo and I've noticed recently we are only getting 3 games per week when we have been accustomed to getting 4.
I thought it was they play Friday Night, Sarurday night and Sunday afternoon and our's and the Swans games. If our game or the Swans game take this slots we miss one?
SA and WA posters complaining they dont always get their teams FTA.

I thought it was they play Friday Night, Sarurday night and Sunday afternoon and our's and the Swans games. If our game or the Swans game take this slots we miss one?
SA and WA posters complaining they dont always get their teams FTA.
What I'm saying is up until recently it was consistanly gws game plus swans game plus two more games, one of which is fri night. Lately they have only been showing the gws game plus swans game plus only one other game. So they recently haven't been showing a fourth game, which is what I am complaining about.

Some nicknames for our players:
Our inside mid leaders Ward and Congilio - Wario
Our other inside mids Shiel and Hopper - Shopper
Our ball users Kelly and Whitfield - W(h)illy
Our running machines Tom (scully), Tommo and TimmyT - Triple T(hreat)

Almost caught Melbourne

http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/7...st-support-for-tigers-dogs-hawks-201808170433
29a9d71ddb895cf84a0a884f9e372a92.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So crowd predictions for this weekends games will be massive, although the weather may effect the MCG games
Tigers/Hawks 100k
Demons/Cats 90k
Swans/Giants 50k
Eagles/Pies 60k

Last edited:
When first falling in with the Giants, I never imagined this yearly circus of erosion of player rank, and relentless raids and cash bonanzas from home state clubs. Is this how it's always going to be?

When first falling in with the Giants, I never imagined this yearly circus of erosion of player rank, and relentless raids and cash bonanzas from home state clubs. Is this how it's always going to be?

As a long time supporter of a non-Victorian club, yes. It was even the same back when Brisbane was winning premierships, with guys like Des Headland lured home.

So with the B + F on Friday night what awards are up for grabs?
Kevin Sheedy medal
Coniglio or Whitfield
Best rookie
Langdon

Previous winners
2012 Ward
2013 Cameron
2014 Mumford
2015 Shaw
2016 Greene
2017 Kelly

So with the B + F on Friday night what awards are up for grabs?
Kevin Sheedy medal
Coniglio or Whitfield
Best rookie
Langdon

Previous winners
2012 Ward
2013 Cameron
2014 Mumford
2015 Shaw
2016 Greene
2017 Kelly

Davis a smoky and Tommo to poll surprisingly well are my tips. But yeah your's most likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe maybe not.

In a few years our academies should be in full swing so hopefully that will help.

Just a heads up. The 2016 PF replay is on fox footy at 7:30. I was there and I've never wanted to watch a replay but It's far enough away now and I will.

I think the playing group and the gameplan have changed a lot in the last two years, and it'll be interesting from that point of view.

:rolleyes: Just no-one tell the Mutts it's on, there might be a few civilised enough to have access to fox.

Totally random; just hope Jye Caldwell isn't the next Caleb Marchbank who longs for the bright lights of Melbourne.
Well yeah.

First priority is he develops quickly and well though. If he's a bust the pick was wasted. :sunglasses:If he wants out he's trade currency.

Will definitely trust in Emma Quayle though. I think Adrian Caruso said the character thing is more her department.

Last edited:
Well, Merry Christmas to all. I hope that tomorrow brings you whatever you desire - joy, family, friendships, celebrations - and that 2019 is safe and fulfilling for you and your family.
+1

Also the right time to say tks to the mods for volunteering their time on the board. Largely a thankless task but like the police it would be chaos without them.

I have no doubt we'll disagree again next year at times, but that's for another day.

So, we’re on holidays traveling around and enjoying the great state of Victoria. Getting dressed this morning I just grabbed a t-shirt out of the bag - happens to be a Giants shirt. Wandering around Melbourne, catching a couple a trams, having breakfast etc, nobody gives me a second glance.

Not so when we stopped for lunch in Geelong on our way to the great ocean road. Lots of sideways looks and even a couple of death stares.

One in particular from a guy who was wearing a Cats shirt and cap who emphasised his death stare by carefully and deliberately lifting his membership card, hanging from the lanyard around his neck, and giving it a kiss.

January 10... I mean, I’m wearing a Giants shirt, but that’s only because that’s the one I happened to grab from my bag. My membership card and lanyard are at home in Sydney and only come out on game day. This dude was sitting down by the shore at lunch on a Thursday (in January) with his lanyard at the ready.:oops::oops::drunk::drunk:

So, we’re on holidays traveling around and enjoying the great state of Victoria. Getting dressed this morning I just grabbed a t-shirt out of the bag - happens to be a Giants shirt. Wandering around Melbourne, catching a couple a trams, having breakfast etc, nobody gives me a second glance.

Not so when we stopped for lunch in Geelong on our way to the great ocean road. Lots of sideways looks and even a couple of death stares.

One in particular from a guy who was wearing a Cats shirt and cap who emphasised his death stare by carefully and deliberately lifting his membership card, hanging from the lanyard around his neck, and giving it a kiss.

January 10... I mean, I’m wearing a Giants shirt, but that’s only because that’s the one I happened to grab from my bag. My membership card and lanyard are at home in Sydney and only come out on game day. This dude was sitting down by the shore at lunch on a Thursday (in January) with his lanyard at the ready.:oops::oops::drunk::drunk:
Im disappointed you didnt have yours on mate.

The nut job knows what's comming. Tears for the pussy cats this year me thinks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back