Random NON FOOTY thoughts not worthy of a thread: Edition II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've often thought that whoever came up with swapping campaigner for campaigner on the swear filter needs many pats on the back.

Its made my life so much more mirthful.
I've actually started using it as a term of abuse IRL these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinda the opposite for me. I see the word campaigner and automatically think of the other word. Sometimes it works brilliantly (anti-immigration campaigner), sometimes not so much, such as the time there was a report about little old ladies who were campaigners for a new bus route.

Kinda the opposite for me. I see the word campaigner and automatically think of the other word. Sometimes it works brilliantly (anti-immigration campaigner), sometimes not so much, such as the time there was a report about little old ladies who were campaigners for a new bus route.

That is absolutely brilliant.

.. from Sirens.

I met Portia De Rossi a few times when she was just plain old (well, young) Amanda Rogers from Geelong. My dad was her mum's accountant, and Portia would often tag along with her. I remember saying to her once, "I bet you go on one day to orally pleasure Ellen DeGeneres". She soon got it.

My dad was also the accountant for a couple of the guys from TISM. Funnily enough, I recall saying the exact same thing to one of them.

I met Portia De Rossi a few times when she was just plain old (well, young) Amanda Rogers from Geelong. My dad was her mum's accountant, and Portia would often tag along with her. I remember saying to her once, "I bet you go on one day to orally pleasure Ellen DeGeneres". She soon got it.

My dad was also the accountant for a couple of the guys from TISM. Funnily enough, I recall saying the exact same thing to one of them.

Were TISM rich by the end of their career?

Did my hard earned cash spent waiting for them until a 3am stage appearance make a difference?

Did my hard earned cash spent waiting for them until a 3am stage appearance make a difference?
I'm tipping they did all their money on costumes and defending defamation actions.

And lawnmowers. Apparently they are the only band in history to have a lawnmower stolen from one of their gigs. True story.

My old man was their accountant during the earlier part of their career, so can't really say how they ended up. They certainly weren't getting rich off TISM at that early stage. But as far as I could tell, that wasn't a concern as the ones I knew were doing just fine off their 'day jobs'.

I thought they were a bunch of accountants and school teachers themselves.

The guys I met didn't work in those particular professions, but their 'day jobs' were definitely of the run-of-the-mill variety. (No offence intended to accountants and school teachers.) Just average guys that liked to moonlight as freaks. I actually worked with one of them for a brief period and I swear, if you put 1000 guys in a line-up and asked someone to pick the dude from TISM, he would have been the last one you'd pick. (Or the first if you were working the whole reverse psychology thing.)

My old man was their accountant during the earlier part of their career, so can't really say how they ended up. They certainly weren't getting rich off TISM at that early stage. But as far as I could tell, that wasn't a concern as the ones I knew were doing just fine off their 'day jobs'.

The guys I met didn't work in those particular professions, but their 'day jobs' were definitely of the run-of-the-mill variety. (No offence intended to accountants and school teachers.) Just average guys that liked to moonlight as freaks. I actually worked with one of them for a brief period and I swear, if you put 1000 guys in a line-up and asked someone to pick the dude from TISM, he would have been the last one you'd pick. (Or the first if you were working the whole reverse psychology thing.)

...great trucking songs of the Renaissance!

"Jimbo, boy, you're a crock of s**t."

Fantastic way to start a song.

40 years then death is starting to seem a little close to home tho.

... or even optimistic.
They've got so many great lyrics but I think my favourite is from Greg! The Stop Sign!

"The rich kid becomes a junky,
The poor kid an advertiser,
What a tragic waste of potential,
Bein' a junky's not too good either."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back