Random NON FOOTY thoughts not worthy of a thread: Edition II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the writer never went to Africa...and is writing about Africa based on tv and movies.

That's ok. We have posters here that never go to VFL games, but write about the players abilities.

I wonder if anyone has me on ignore.
When goldy is traded i will put you on ignore. Not because i dislike you as a poster but because i was right, thus proving my superiority (why listen to a poster when you've beaten then in north intelligence).
Sadly i think most posters on this board will follow suit and you'll end up in north board abyss. Don't worry I'll always take you off ignore when I've had a few beers (we will be equals at that stage). Or when a poster makes an incorrect/irrational remark I'll say "don't be an only forwards" or "ha...such an only forwards thing to say"

Is anyone else feeling as if they are not ready for pre season or the summer break. I've never been more hungrier for success and as a North person that should be the mindset for all.

The players seem content to be enjoying this farewell of sorts and that it was a sad way to finish the year.
I felt like we were building to something special, with 2016 being such an open year I genuinely thought we were a chance.
I liken it to clocking the first 3 levels of Super Mario, then repeatedly dying at level 4 before throwing the towel in. We didn't achieve s**t.

All the 100 point beltings along the way, Euge leaving, Tudor and Walsh coming in, acquiring Dal, Waite and Higgins - and we didn't even fire a decent shot.

It makes me question the hunger of the group now with all these delistings.
Surely Spud and Dish and Narni last year relayed to them that winning a flag is the ultimate? Dish and Spud never won a flag so sadly won't be attending any reunions.

I look at the current group and I don't see success. No one screams greatness to me other than Tarrant, Goldi and Ziebell. The rest just seem to battle along and prefer not to lift. This reset might rob a few players of that dream of a flag and I hope the club does its duty to Todd, Robbie and Jack because they didn't sign up for this honorable finals bullshit.

Is anyone else feeling as if they are not ready for pre season or the summer break. I've never been more hungrier for success and as a North person that should be the mindset for all.

The players seem content to be enjoying this farewell of sorts and that it was a sad way to finish the year.
I felt like we were building to something special, with 2016 being such an open year I genuinely thought we were a chance.
I liken it to clocking the first 3 levels of Super Mario, then repeatedly dying at level 4 before throwing the towel in. We didn't achieve s**t.

All the 100 point beltings along the way, Euge leaving, Tudor and Walsh coming in, acquiring Dal, Waite and Higgins - and we didn't even fire a decent shot.

Surely Spud and Dish and Narni last year relayed to them that winning a flag is the ultimate? Dish and Spud never won a flag so sadly won't be attending any reunions.

I look at the current group and I don't see success. No one screams greatness to me other than Tarrant, Goldi and Ziebell. The rest just seem to battle along and prefer not to lift. This reset might rob a few players of that dream of a flag and I hope the club does its duty to Todd, Robbie and Jack because they didn't sign up for this honorable finals bullshit.

Personally, football began to drain on me towards the end of the season. The steady and unabating flow of injuries, and subsequent form of the team, always gave me a feeling of swimming against a tide that was unable to be defeated. By the end I was cooked - and as weird as it sounds seeing as though I've done nothing but sit on my arse and watch the game, I'm in need a freshen up, as I'm close to being mentally exhausted. I even find myself with unprecedented levels of indifference towards the prelims this week. Yeah, the Grand Final will be a good piss up, but I don't really care about the football at this stage (which is extremely odd for me).

I think a few weeks after Christmas, with the prospects of a fresh start, I'll start to feel excited and hungry again. Mainly with the prospect of what a full-of-confidence Wood can do. What Brown, knowing that he's #1 now, can do. What a second pre-season under Clarke's belt can do for him. What Higgins can bring to the table again etc etc.

We have posters I'm sure don't watch AFL and write about all sorts of s**t.
Exactly. We have posters writing about having sex with Jen Hawkins and Half Tonne Mom and haven't had sex with either. But I've tasted Chocolate Quik and it's nice. :stern look

Exactly. We have posters writing about having sex with Jen Hawkins and Half Tonne Mom and haven't had sex with either. But I've tasted Chocolate Quik and it's nice. :stern look
If you say that you've never worn a gimp mask I may have to cancel my account.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I think we would have got a lot closer if the 2014, 2015 and 2016 seasons weren't such horrific seasons injury-wise. We have struggled for continuity.

We seem to lack that aggression to win, that hunger. Perhaps it was missing because we lacked self-belief, who knows.

Ultimately, how many players above 50 games at the NMFC are in or near career best form? Tarrant, Macmillan, Brown... anyone else? Nope. Nobody else from the 26+ senior group and nobody else from the 25- group either.

You can't have 3 blokes out of 44 firing a shot and expect to get anywhere.

Something that irks me is our inability to get KPDs on the park until they are 25+. This is compounded when other clubs repeatedly produce KPDs like the Crows who come out, even as skinny kids Talia, Davis, Lever, etc into good quality players who compete without spending half their career in the amateur league.

Apparently the writer never went to Africa...and is writing about Africa based on tv and movies.

Sensing a trend here.

Just going by the lyrics, I'd have to question whether they'd ever been to Rosanna either.

Has NBN fibre to the node connected to your Place?

Its here in Katamatite South.

If you have, is the modem active from any phone socket in your house?

Other DYK that I found out today....

1. Multiple phone sockets will not work once connected to NBN.
2. Grumpy Olds will need to buy a modem (even if they don't own a PC/device) to use their phone once copper is ended/
3. The phone gets connected into the modem and not the socket.
4. That like with ADSL2 (distance from exchange), distance is a key factor in speed....this time from the node (that 1.5 metre ice cream stick pole in your street)

Sensing a trend here.

Just going by the lyrics, I'd have to question whether they'd ever been to Rosanna either.

AFRICA.

I hear the drums echoing tonight
But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
She's coming in, 12:30 flight
The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation
I stopped an old man along the way
Hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies
He turned to me as if to say, "Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you"

It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

The wild dogs cry out in the night
As they grow restless, longing for some solitary company
I know that I must do what's right
As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti
I seek to cure what's deep inside, frightened of this thing that I've become

It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

Hurry boy, she's waiting there for you

It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you

Written by David Gerges, Ken Kiprono Ring • Copyright © Spirit Music Group, Universal Music Publishing Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back