Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Kind of not surprising in some ways.
Situation seems to have gone back to normal. Flights to resume at 6am. 42 civilians confirmed dead, 17 police officers killed also. 140 Coup plotters arrested, the general behind it has been killed.

The whole world is stuffed.

Its actually pretty good where I live at the moment.

On Friday night last week someone rolled their car four times opposite my place, once full rotation while airborn. Bolted down to the crash expecting to find them smeared across the dashboard, but they were dragging themselves out of the driver's window. So lucky. Even lucky council didn't clear the roadsides either, cos f they had the roadside weeds might not have softened the impact.

Then tragedy's like the Nice atrocity or those suicide bombings in Turkey a couple of weeks ago happen. How is it that guy that crashed his car here gets lucky and so many people in other places don't?

Its actually pretty good where I live at the moment.

On Friday night last week someone rolled their car four times opposite my place, once full rotation while airborn. Bolted down to the crash expecting to find them smeared across the dashboard, but they were dragging themselves out of the driver's window. So lucky. Even lucky council didn't clear the roadsides either, cos f they had the roadside weeds might not have softened the impact.

Then tragedy's like the Nice atrocity or those suicide bombings in Turkey a couple of weeks ago happen. How is it that guy that crashed his car here gets lucky and so many people in other places don't?

I remember watching Senna and how little in centimetres was the difference between life and death.

You just gotta look forward to living because life is short.

Situation seems to have gone back to normal. Flights to resume at 6am. 42 civilians confirmed dead, 17 police officers killed also. 140 Coup plotters arrested, the general behind it has been killed.

Really.

Turkey has a history of military coups. But the Turkish military seems to take its position as a secular democratic military seriously as well.

edit - yet a tank runs down civillians. That is just ****ed.

What a waste of another 60 lives tho.

I remember watching Senna and how little in centimetres was the difference between life and death.

You just gotta look forward to living because life is short.

That is so right gaso.

My list of close calls is getting pretty long these days.

That crash out the front is the second accident like that in the last 6 months. I've lived in this stretch of road for 20 years tho and seen so many accidents. These last two - both multiple rolls and very lucky to survive. I've been the first person on scene each time and both times I've had to psyche myself up. I was expecting to find carnage and needed to be in a frame of mind where I can ignore it and do whatever first aid is possible. The one 6 months ago was a mate, I recognised the car. Even that mental preperation is traumatising. The same night that prang happened here last week a mates kid (on his Ps) had someone die in their arms after an accident on the other side of Nimbin.

I can't begin to think how people who deal with the mess that s**t head in Nice left behind do it. Or the people who die at weddings from mistaken drone attacks for that matter. Both sides chucking more fuel on a rampaging fire cos their sense of righteous anger is more important than ordinary peoples lives. Life can be hard enough as it is without adding more unnecessary suffering.

Month or two ago a video went viral of an 82 yr old singing Bodies by Drowning Pool on one of those crappy shows like America's Got Talent.

Drowning Pool reached out to the guy and invited him to one of their tours to appear at a couple of events.

Would have been an amazing experience for the guy.

I have an ant colony living in my ute, i've tried ant rid but they're still there, yesterday i cleaned my car, and all the bugs off the front, today the ants are out on the bonnet looking for bugs, they were cleaning the bugs off for me.

The world's always been stuffed gr. Violence and death in the name of one god or ideology, political or otherwise, has been a common theme throughout human history. Almost every country in the world is built upon the blood and bones of one people or another, it's just that in this age of social media and globalisation we have more exposure to it.

The world is no worse a place now than it ever was.

It seems like it's going to get worse before it gets better.

It looks that way, and that's pretty much how it's being discussed on US news. Vigilante groups are forming and copying the deeds of last week's sniper. Tonight's was an ambush. If last week's woke the authorities up, tonight's has them scrambling and in lockdown.

Headline: "Turkey's stuffed!"
God l'm glad we live at the arse-end of the world.

ywwTxf9.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Halal snack packs catching on pretty soon Pauline's fish n chip shop will be selling them. They look delicious btw!

Speaking of the Sun imagine having 3. Well apparently it's been discovered in a galaxy far away. 3 Sunsets and 3 Sunrises... :eek:

Halal snack packs catching on pretty soon Pauline's fish n chip shop will be selling them. They look delicious btw!

Speaking of the Sun imagine having 3. Well apparently it's been discovered in a galaxy far away. 3 Sunsets and 3 Sunrises... :eek:

I think I posted something about not having shadows on BF last summer...somewhere...

So would that mean no shadows?

I think I posted something about not having shadows on BF last summer...somewhere...

So would that mean no shadows?

Dyson Heppell has requested a trade to this planet without shadows.

It looks that way, and that's pretty much how it's being discussed on US news. Vigilante groups are forming and copying the deeds of last week's sniper. Tonight's was an ambush. If last week's woke the authorities up, tonight's has them scrambling and in lockdown.

I'm surprised it took so long tbh.

But then I've been following this sort of thing for years, 10 at least. It was only a matter of time imo and actually shows how reluctant people are to tear s**t down even when its so oppressive, which is actually a good thing in a society as divided along so many lines as the USA.

I'm surprised it took so long tbh.

But then I've been following this sort of thing for years, 10 at least. It was only a matter of time imo and actually shows how reluctant people are to tear s**t down even when its so oppressive, which is actually a good thing in a society as divided along so many lines as the USA.

The gap between the fortunate and the needy has grown so wide, it's nearing the levels which spawned the French Revolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back