Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you saying that because alcohol causes more problems it is ok that people use recreational drugs?

I don't believe there is a simple solution.
One thing that I think is really important is that we need to teach our kids that you don't need drugs to have a good time.

I'm saying that the negativity around softer recreational drugs is hyperbolic and ridiculous when compared to alcohol/nicotine.

Do you have kids?

Not that I know of. But I have a little brother (and some mates, cousins) that have been through what I'm assuming one of Bedford's children have been through so I'd like to think my opinion on this is fairly valid.

Just as I thought.

No idea.

Guys

I know this is random thoughts and healthy debate is encouraged on this forum but I think we can all come up with better arguments than "no idea". If you have a genuine interest in engaging with the topic, by all means feel free to put forward your point of view, but do it without the snipes at others thanks.

I'll reply to you as your fair, i'm talking about ICE.

I know mate, I'm just stressing the difference between drugs like that and the harmless ones. They are lumped together all the time and it's wrong.

Guys

I know this is random thoughts and healthy debate is encouraged on this forum but I think we can all come up with better arguments than "no idea". If you have a genuine interest in engaging with the topic, by all means feel free to put forward your point of view, but do it without the snipes at others thanks.

What a pathetic reply

Is that a better argument?

Whats your experience Bulldog ?

bedders I don't reckon it's worth getting into that sort of thing on here. I'm not trying to dismiss the harm stuff like ice causes, or anyone's personal opinions or experiences. But, for a few reasons, i'm a big believer in harm minimisation over the criminalisation of users.

Do you genuinely want me to post some links to articles or are you just being a smart ass? Surely you're not disputing my point?

Arent we having a discussion ? Bit harsh to presume i am being a smart arse

Id genuinely like to see the information you have read

bedders I don't reckon it's worth getting into that sort of thing on here. I'm not trying to dismiss the harm stuff like ice causes, or anyone's personal opinions or experiences. But, for a few reasons, i'm a big believer in harm minimisation over the criminalisation of users.
No worries , your fair. I wonder how Bulldog is going, I think he's at North. s**t I remember people comparing him to superstars.

It was to you as you don't understand and I hope you or anyone else doesn't go through it

Sorry mate, Some things hit close to home.

I'm going to the pub!

What a pathetic reply

Is that a better argument?

No, but it's an emotive issue so we understand things will get heated. Just a reminder to respond with a bit more sensitivity that's all. Wish I could join you at the pub. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, but it's an emotive issue so we understand things will get heated. Just a reminder to respond with a bit more sensitivity that's all. Wish I could join you at the pub. :(

You can come to my pub and pay for the drinks..

You can come to my pub and pay for the drinks..

I've been to Singapore and I know how expensive drinks are there. :eek: At least the low low taxes make up for it!

Arent we having a discussion ? Bit harsh to presume i am being a smart arse

Id genuinely like to see the information you have read

Alright no worries I'll post some when I'm back in the office tomorrow, I look forward to hearing your thoughts once you've read them.

Thanks RW it is. Someone else in the past might have gone on a deleting frenzy. It's a massive problem for future generations.
I don't have my own kids yet, but have seen what it has done to some of the kids I have taught in the past and fear for the ones I teach currently as I can only see things getting worse. It is truly frightening.

i eagerly await people to defend alcohol and all the good it does for society.

I do not defend alcohol.

Irrelevant.

Either a substance is damaging or it's not. Regardless of it's legal status.

Heroin is illegal, Diamorphine is not. (I'll give you a hint, they are the same drug).

I respect where other people are coming from, but hysteria (Drugs are bad) and hypocrisy (except for these ones) really hit a nerve with me.

Although you have made that implication by labelling me a hypocrite.

I also don't need your hints - unless it's along the lines of something delicious to enjoy with my gin.

I do not defend alcohol.

Although you have made that implication by labelling me a hypocrite.

I also don't need your hints - unless it's along the lines of something delicious to enjoy with my gin.
I recommend heroin to take the edge off

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The good old BSB is busy tonight!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back