Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
That moment when you get home at 1am after doing a 17 hour day only to realise:

a) you forgot to email the last thing u were doing before you left the office & can't now you are home... meaning the whole last 2.5hrs was pointless & could've been done tomorrow morning anyway as you've missed the deadline now (unless you drive back in to work just to send 1 email before 4am).

b) you didn't go shopping yesterday & can't be fu*ked defrosting something to cook... thus have nothing to eat for belated dinner except off milk & cocoa pops.

c) you still have to iron a shirt for tomorrow

d) tomorrow starts again in a handful of hours, kicking off with an 8am meeting with a usually way overly excited & bubbly client... Am not looking fwd to it.

*sigh* At least I get Friday off.... ;)

#accountantlyf

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Sounded like a justification for a drive back to send the email and maccas run on the way home (do they have 24 hour fast food in Radelaide yet?)
Haha. We do & damn it! (I obviously wasn't on the ball, should've done that!!!)

The client this morning made up for it by bringing in pastry goodness for the office morning tea...

:thumbsu:

Haha. We do & damn it! (I obviously wasn't on the ball, should've done that!!!)

The client this morning made up for it by bringing in pastry goodness for the office morning tea...

:thumbsu:
Ohhh, client is a legend.

My morning (1st week of school holidays). Windows flung open, reading a good book on the couch while sunshine streams in on a beautiful Autumn day. The peacefulness is interrupted by shouts of a kid going past on their scooter, shouting "My teacher lives somewhere around here. MR B! Hi Mr B!"

Now to give context, I live 30 minutes from where I work but one of the kids from the school is living with their grandparents as Mum lost her home. They have obviously seen me working in the garden. Nowhere is safe! Guess I won't be collecting the morning paper in my PJ's anymore.

Ohhh, client is a legend.

My morning (1st week of school holidays). Windows flung open, reading a good book on the couch while sunshine streams in on a beautiful Autumn day. The peacefulness is interrupted by shouts of a kid going past on their scooter, shouting "My teacher lives somewhere around here. MR B! Hi Mr B!"

Now to give context, I live 30 minutes from where I work but one of the kids from the school is living with their grandparents as Mum lost her home. They have obviously seen me working in the garden. Nowhere is safe! Guess I won't be collecting the morning paper in my PJ's anymore.
Your first stalker!

Not the first sadly. Been followed around the shops before. Flattery becomes outright weird very quickly.

My advice.

Flash them, and you won't have to deal with them again.*

*Not responsible for any issues that may arise from doing this

I was not expecting that as the next response. Laughed way too hard.

Hire me as your defence attorney

Your honour, he's a grow-er not a show-er.

McEvoy

Alpaca My Bags
Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor SFA Fight For MND SFA Bushfire Appeal SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser drazah memorial Beyond Blue donor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Sep 26, 2016
A good paddock
AFL Club
Sydney

McEvoy

Alpaca My Bags
Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor SFA Fight For MND SFA Bushfire Appeal SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser drazah memorial Beyond Blue donor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Sep 26, 2016
A good paddock
AFL Club
Sydney
#accountantlyf
Backin it up. Back2back2back2back.

Just got home from a 14hr day today, after the 17hr monster yesterday, 14hr the day before & 12hr to start the week.... 57hrs in 4 days. I think I've earnt my day off (still coming off my annual leave would you believe....)

People who say counting beans is easy need to get in on some management reporting & system integration design first before droppin bombs in my hood. #WORD .... OR actually (more appropriately) #NUMBAH! :cool:

(yes, I'm tired but hyped up on coffee & biscuits...)

Just got home from a 14hr day today, after the 17hr monster yesterday, 14hr the day before & 12hr to start the week.... 57hrs in 4 days. I think I've earnt my day off (still coming off my annual leave would you believe....)

People who say counting beans is easy need to get in on some management reporting & system integration design first before droppin bombs in my hood. #WORD .... OR actually (more appropriately) #NUMBAH! :cool:

Testify...

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC

GET OFF YOUR ARSE AN DO SOME WORK !

Isn't the most rewarding part watching your client pretend it was such a piece of cake? Or better still, getting the yeah whatevs at a 20 page proposal that some other dimwit has F'd up and you had to fix in time for the deadline?

Last edited:
Isn't the most rewarding part watching your client pretend it was such a piece of cake? Or better still, getting the yeah whatevs at a 20 page proposal that some of other dimwit has F'd up and you had to fix in time for the deadline?
Mmmmmm cake......

(1 like)

Back