Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

So, i'm working on a fictional universe, and want to include Aussie Rules in to it. Except of course, I need a different name. You can't exactly name a sport after a country that doesn't exist.

So I need suggestions. What are good alternative names for our great and glorious game?
Where does AFL sit in a historic context in your country/universe? How was it created? I'd take the name from there.

So, i'm working on a fictional universe, and want to include Aussie Rules in to it. Except of course, I need a different name. You can't exactly name a sport after a country that doesn't exist.

So I need suggestions. What are good alternative names for our great and glorious game?
FML - Fixed and Manipulated League

FML - Fixed and Manipulated League

Hahaha! That's exactly what i'm trying avoid :D There'll be some changes to rules as they are in AFL (number of finalists, interchange, etc) that can vary from competition to competition across this world.

Where does AFL sit in a historic context in your country/universe? How was it created? I'd take the name from there.

Yes, I need to work on that. I have some loose ideas, nothing concrete yet tho :)

Made a tongue in cheek joke on Facebook about Dustin Martin being awarded the MotM award in the NRL Grand Final. Same flog that I was expecting dirties up big time. Hey *******, you won the flag. Just acknowledge that the Norm Smith was awarded based on popularity, 10 out of 10 other Richmond supporters I spoke to all said it was a joke. This is why I was hoping for an Adelaide win.

Why don't you sleep?
I dunno. I suspect learnt behaviour from years of working way too hard... I don't feel bad or anything though. I just find it hard to get to sleep/stay asleep.

Tried meditation. Tried reading. Tried stretching. Etc etc. None of it worked. I think it's just me.

The only thing I can think of is that it might be my bed(s). I have recently had a few huge sleep ins (which I don't usually do) & they've happened elsewhere on other beds (hotels etc)...

Varies from person to person.

REM Cycles vary but are usually around 90 minutes.

if you wake at the end of a REM cycle you feel fresh, rested and ready to take on the world.

If you wake up halfway through, you feel like me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapid_eye_movement_sleep#Timing
Having a think about it today I reckon it could have something to do with a bit of a lifestyle change the past 18 months or so. Lost a heap of weight and have energy when I don't need it haha. Just need to force myself into a new routine I think. A bit of ingrained routine I need to slowly work my way out of.

If you see me on here at 3am (SA time) tell me to go to sleep please... Cheers. :p:thumbsu:

I have recently had a few huge sleep ins (which I don't usually do) & they've happened elsewhere on other beds (hotels etc)...

My advice would be to stop having secret liaisons with miggs for a start...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno. I suspect learnt behaviour from years of working way too hard... I don't feel bad or anything though. I just find it hard to get to sleep/stay asleep.

Tried meditation. Tried reading. Tried stretching. Etc etc. None of it worked. I think it's just me.

The only thing I can think of is that it might be my bed(s). I have recently had a few huge sleep ins (which I don't usually do) & they've happened elsewhere on other beds (hotels etc)...

Theres a podcast called talking footy

Bob murphy is on one week

Put that on and lie down. You will be asleep in 5 minutes

Why doesn't Australia have monkeys?

Africa has monkeys.
Asia has monkeys.
South America has monkeys.

I've never got why Australia doesn't have monkeys.
Indian cricket team classified Andrew Symonds as a monkey.....

Africa has monkeys.
Asia has monkeys.

Lack of tropical forrest areas? I have no idea... it's going to bug me all day now though so cheers Bruce! :mad::p

Africa has monkeys.
Asia has monkeys.

We got some monkeys in city park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back