Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

Or perhaps I’m stuck working on the laptop non stop under the pump with a few things and some stress and this is a nice escape ?... maybe it doesn’t affect anyone else either

Anyone else use Swans player numbers to help them remember their locker number at the gym? Today I used locker number Aliir Aliir, as that was the only one available.

Anyone else use Swans player numbers to help them remember their locker number at the gym? Today I used locker number Aliir Aliir, as that was the only one available.

I remember the number 6 for garbage night so i put the bins out

I do it to remember multiple numbers all the time! Addresses especially. If I have to go to 3625...it's Aliir Ronke...then I don't forget!

Is it as crazy busy right now for you too RW? I'm doing my 3rd 14+ hr day this week.... *sigh*

Pretty busy, though not quite as bad as that! I'm moving into a different role where the hours are a bit more flexible, but the work is more challenging. I might not post as often as I used to though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk about a delayed like into the past!

Definitely can’t remember posting that....

b825a6c29d88c8e31569c8c972850a44.png

The King! I did LOL at describing yourself as a Swans great.

I now what should be retired and that's JJJ , absolute crap , our taxes at work.
I used to love it back in the Silverchair, LivingEnd etc days... Since Richard Kingsmill became the group music director the sound has been moulded & pushed into a corner, reflecting Kingsmills personal taste.

Away from the more garage band type rocky stuff (mostly) to current "the triple J sound"... It's that indie focused style (hard to explain).

He seems to be a bit of a dictator & what he thinks is "good" or not is the go & that's it. He doesn't like you, you won't geg played. As such, he has pushed the heavier stuff like metal to the side. Sure they still play it... at 3am for an hour (or whatever).

But prior to him there was much more variation & openess during peak listening hours IMO. Now, we're all effectively just listening to Richard Kingsmills spotify playlist for the most part.

One thing I will disclaim though, the last few months I have noticed more airtime for some metal (Parkway Drive, AmityAffliction, DuneRats etc)... But the majority of the time it's just trash (even when they go back to a rock style) IMO.

Is the board busier when we win or when we lose RW

Given how much you post each week whether we win or lose, I'm not sure I've noticed a difference!!

I used to love it back in the Silverchair, LivingEnd etc days... Since Richard Kingsmill became the group music director the sound has been moulded & pushed into a corner, reflecting Kingsmills personal taste.

Away from the more garage band type rocky stuff (mostly) to current "the triple J sound"... It's that indie focused style (hard to explain).

He seems to be a bit of a dictator & what he thinks is "good" or not is the go & that's it. He doesn't like you, you won't geg played. As such, he has pushed the heavier stuff like metal to the side. Sure they still play it... at 3am for an hour (or whatever).

But prior to him there was much more variation & openess during peak listening hours IMO. Now, we're all effectively just listening to Richard Kingsmills spotify playlist for the most part.

One thing I will disclaim though, the last few months I have noticed more airtime for some metal (Parkway Drive, AmityAffliction, DuneRats etc)... But the majority of the time it's just trash (even when they go back to a rock style) IMO.
Agree it used to be at least listenable , but now it's absolute crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back