Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

Windows i think
So Windows is your operating system, not internet browser.

The browser is what you click on to go to the internet (assuming you are on a computer, not a phone btw)

It's likely to be Internet Explorer, Edge or Chrome.

As far as I am aware, IE doesn't have one. https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com...unt/upgrades/ndcileolkflehcjpmjnfbnaibdcgglog is good for Edge and https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en is good for Chrome

Also if this is against the rules, mods, please just remove from my post and PM what you cut to bedford

It's not you old mate , just a couple who are prolific that i have f all interest in anything they say .

Yeah I know but u can’t really
Block replies unless u just block everyone :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh awesome, I'm now in the A + locked down area. Never so grateful to that I live a mere block away from the local shops, I can hobble down there in my moon boot.
As for delivery? Last night I managed to book a food delivery for next Thursday, nothing else available.

Sorry all, meant to post this in the Covid thread. My bad.

not a bad idea for A thread just for venting/dealing with the lockdown separate from the philosophy of what the government is doing anyway

not a bad idea for A thread just for venting/dealing with the lockdown separate from the philosophy of what the government is doing anyway

Alright sweet, can police helicopter not *ing do covid surveillance at 1am. No one is out and about, if they are they'll be frozen within 2 mins. Can hear it flying low overhead. Do surveillance in the day when people are 'exercising' lol

I find the whole Simone Biles events and the coverage of it to be very weird. First of all, total respect and admiration to her for putting her mental health (and her safety - people overlook how dangerous gymnastics can be) over her Olympic prospects. My quarrel has less to do with her and more to do with media/fan response to her and the overall issue of mental health in sport.

It's weird to me that the most celebrated athlete at the Olympics so far has been the one who choked at her particular event (harsh, but true, and she basically admitted as much) and then pulled out. And there's so much talk and media attention about how she's the GOAT, and how amazing she is. Those may be true - I don't follow gymnastics enough to know - but I think it's an interesting phenomenon that sport is at risk of falling into; that of the "A for effort" mentality.

Simply participating but choking hasn't helped Serena Williams get her record-equalling 24th grand slam. Simply participating but taking a stance on her mental health didn't help Naomi Osaka win a potential second grand slam in a row at the French Open. Simply participating but doing what's best for her mental health didn't help Simone Biles achieve what she set out to achieve and waited five years to attempt.

I'm not saying these athletes shouldn't still be commended for their efforts, their contributions to their sports, and their personal values. But it should be in moderation, and considering that all of those athletes became greats of their sports by embracing the pressure of the competition and the expectations that come with being great, I'd like to see a bit more attention on the athletes who are doing the same now.

At the end of the day sport is about the competition. You have one winner and it's usually the athlete(s) who embraces the pressure and expectations the most. That is just an unavoidable roadblock one must overcome if they want to be great. I would not like to see a phenomenon where those kinds of roadblocks are considered the evils that are making things too difficult for athletes. Otherwise how will any of them ever achieve greatness again?

Novak Djokovic is an absolute campaigner of a person. Sooks it up because he lost his singles match and pulls out of the doubles costing his partner a chance at bronze. Only upside is that the Aussies benefit.

its soo annoying he clearly will finish above federer nadal statistically

isnt fit to lick their boots as a person

I've realised I freaking love the gymnastic events at the Olympics. The flips/jumps etc. they perform is insane. I saw one of the earlier events Simone Biles entered think it was the floor one (forgot the proper name) but the height she was getting with her jump was mind blowing, shame she isn't competing in other events but hopefully we get to see her back in the near future!

I've realised I freaking love the gymnastic events at the Olympics. The flips/jumps etc. they perform is insane. I saw one of the earlier events Simone Biles entered think it was the floor one (forgot the proper name) but the height she was getting with her jump was mind blowing, shame she isn't competing in other events but hopefully we get to see her back in the near future!
Absolute freaks. Even with the sprung floor they use I'd be lucky to do a forward roll without hurting myself. The other sport that has impressed me is the freestyle BMX. Insane stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back