Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

I tend not to sign multi-billion dollar contracts with people who can’t remember my name, but that’s just me...

So have a plan to buy a place and finally move out of home by the end of next summer and am writing a list of things to have with me ready for the move. I would love to know what people forgot to buy/take with them or wish they had early on when they moved for the first time?

For example: buckets, can opener, towels. That sort of thing

So have a plan to buy a place and finally move out of home by the end of next summer and am writing a list of things to have with me ready for the move. I would love to know what people forgot to buy/take with them or wish they had early on when they moved for the first time?

For example: buckets, can opener, towels. That sort of thing
Are you looking for newly built or established house. I bought newly built and the paper towel, spray and wipe type stuff was great to just give things a bit of a once over. Washing basket. Kitchen tidy bin and ironing board (with iron of course.)

Are you looking for newly built or established house. I bought newly built and the paper towel, spray and wipe type stuff was great to just give things a bit of a once over. Washing basket. Kitchen tidy bin and ironing board (with iron of course.)
An apartment. All I can afford

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with this. When I was living at home, I used to go down to Baretta's sportsbar to watch our Fox games and some of the time they wouldn't have it on. Worth every cent for the sport.
Gonna get Kayo for sure

Congrats… you’ve done very well for yourself!
The cost of housing in this country is criminal imo
Thanks. Haven't gone to a broker yet but deposit is finally mostly sorted. Which from what I heard is the hard part

In the 11 years I've had my place conservative estimate of growth on property price is 130k. Higher end is 200k. Ridiculous.
Yeah. It is nuts. I am hoping this place will be an investment place in a few years

But I remember looking at buying a place when I was 18 and I could get houses for less than what I might get now

Thanks. Haven't gone to a broker yet but deposit is finally mostly sorted. Which from what I heard is the hard part
Yep. If you can get over that 20% barrier, saves you a heap in additional lenders insurance. Had my homeloan with ING after going through Aussie. Lowish rate but security of known bank. Can get much lower with smaller lenders though.

Yep. If you can get over that 20% barrier, saves you a heap in additional lenders insurance. Had my homeloan with ING after going through Aussie. Lowish rate but security of known bank. Can get much lower with smaller lenders though.
I reckon I'll be around 15-18% depending how much exactly I'll be able to borrow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back