Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

So tonight we have a scheduled electrical outage until 4am by Ausgrid while they change a pole for something.

30 mins into the blackout - the fire alarm starts beeping. Telling me the battery is low. Pitch black. Fire alarm sits at the top of my stairs. All 14 of them. To change the battery I have to get a step ladder and place it scarily close the edge of the stairs. I can't do it in the dark. And I can't turn the fracking beeping off!
Its driving me nuts:tonguewink:
time to check in to a hotel for the night.

So tonight we have a scheduled electrical outage until 4am by Ausgrid while they change a pole for something.

30 mins into the blackout - the fire alarm starts beeping. Telling me the battery is low. Pitch black. Fire alarm sits at the top of my stairs. All 14 of them. To change the battery I have to get a step ladder and place it scarily close the edge of the stairs. I can't do it in the dark. And I can't turn the fracking beeping off!
Every part of my OH&S training hurts reading this haha

Have you considered starting a fire for light and warmth?

can’t fathom dropping your kids at school and then not picking them up ever again because of some piece of s**t !

not that there is good shootings , but jesus christ these are kids

* me

heartbreaking and just so often

can’t fathom dropping your kids at school and then not picking them up ever again because of some piece of s**t !

not that there is good shootings , but jesus christ these are kids

**** me

heartbreaking and just so often
These kids were the same age as the group I spent the last three years teaching. I had to walk out while it was on the news. It breaks my heart that there are people who feel the need to carry a gun outweighs keeping their kids safe. Perhaps it's an attitude of "It won't happen to us", but I sure as hell would be fearful of sending my child to school each day and that's just not right.

These kids were the same age as the group I spent the last three years teaching. I had to walk out while it was on the news. It breaks my heart that there are people who feel the need to carry a gun outweighs keeping their kids safe. Perhaps it's an attitude of "It won't happen to us", but I sure as hell would be fearful of sending my child to school each day and that's just not right.

yep its heartbreaking, frustrating to see all the excuses for gun control too, how many shootings do they need?

Yeah ok a madman may still get a gun, but jesus thats no excuse not to make it harder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep hearing about it on SEN
More talking about evening tv news services. It's the second biggest bike race in the world which an Aussie looks like winning and I think I've seen it mentioned once. Sam Edmunds is a keen cyclist and has been a pretty big factor in SEN talking more cycling.

More talking about evening tv news services. It's the second biggest bike race in the world which an Aussie looks like winning and I think I've seen it mentioned once. Sam Edmunds is a keen cyclist and has been a pretty big factor in SEN talking more cycling.
Just ban them off Beach rd , absolute flogs

Just ban them off Beach rd , absolute flogs
🖕🏻😉
Don't tar us all with the same brush.
That being said, there is a reason I don't ride Beach Rd and that's because if one person *s up a little further down the road, it is me that cops it because the Neanderthal behind the wheel couldn't differentiate between an individual cyclist and cyclists in general.

🖕🏻😉
Don't tar us all with the same brush.
That being said, there is a reason I don't ride Beach Rd and that's because if one person ducks up a little further down the road, it is me that cops it because the Neanderthal behind the wheel couldn't differentiate between an individual cyclist and cyclists in general.
Just get off there , make it so dangerous , nearly as bad as dog walkers allowing their dogs to s**t on sports ovals

I cracked open a bottle of red I've had sitting around for a few years and its bloody delish! (Black Guts by Rusden 2014 Shiraz)

And now I'm thinking what all the other bottles are gonna be like when I finally get to them and hoping their as good as this one.

/random thought

America - the gift that keeps on giving. So the undermentioned is basically true - they don't use electric kettles. You'll never see them in hotels etc or in the home. The thought of using a kettle is about as radical as it gets to them:smilev1: It was so freaking weird.

Because their electric current can barely power a tonka toy, so they either microwave it or boil water on the stove!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back