Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

Rather a 6 week lockdown after ~200 cases than somewhere like the US were people are ******* dying in the 1000s and no one gives a fu**
Yes, Australian governments have done significantly more right than wrong through this crisis.

I'm happy to be living in Germany, a country has done relatively very well when compared to some neighbours, and Australia's case numbers have been minuscule compared to here.

Rather a 6 week lockdown after ~200 cases than somewhere like the US were people are ******* dying in the 1000s and no one gives a fu**

Seems to me the vic premier wants to blame everyone else and take no responsibility

overall Australia has done well, though the federal government basically does nothing other than control the support payments, when the s**t hits the fan we are all separate regions, maybe thats how it should be

You don't live here , I don't comment on Tassie gov stuff. He builds and has done a great job

you can comment on tassie, that’s your own rule, I’ll comment on what I want, I pay tax in the country

He is a moron imo Mind you at least he faces the press, where’s the Prime Minister today ? or has he spoken

Seems to me the vic premier wants to blame everyone else and take no responsibility

overall Australia has done well, though the federal government basically does nothing other than control the support payments, when the sh*t hits the fan we are all separate regions, maybe thats how it should be
Going to call BS on this. As Premier he has done more for the state than most in recent times.

The messaging coming from the Vic government has been as clear as any the whole time. This comes down to *******s who feel their rights are more important than their responsibilities. You have a look at the dickheads in the high-rise public housing bitching when they are being locked down for their own wellbeing. Then you have do-gooder dickheads trying to force their way in to give supplies putting themselves at risk of illness who would then take it back to their homes to spread it further.

Security companies employed for security purposes should be able to do the job they are employed to do without ******* up. "I'm sorry, I wasn't trained to know that ******* a recently returned traveller wasn't part of my role" just doesn't cut it. If the school I worked at employs a company to run amusement rides for a twilight fair, do all the necessary checks on the company and that company supplies all the relevant documentation to prove they are capable of doing that job, is it the schools fault if they * up?

I feel every leader in the country has done as much as they could to do the best they can in this situation. I don't believe the general public has. I will put my money on it that after this lockdown, we will see numbers rise eventually again. I will also put my money on it that when that happens it will be in the same areas as this time. Who will everyone blame then?

Going to call BS on this. As Premier he has done more for the state than most in recent times.

The messaging coming from the Vic government has been as clear as any the whole time. This comes down to *******s who feel their rights are more important than their responsibilities. You have a look at the dickheads in the high-rise public housing bitching when they are being locked down for their own wellbeing. Then you have do-gooder dickheads trying to force their way in to give supplies putting themselves at risk of illness who would then take it back to their homes to spread it further.

Security companies employed for security purposes should be able to do the job they are employed to do without ******* up. "I'm sorry, I wasn't trained to know that ******* a recently returned traveller wasn't part of my role" just doesn't cut it. If the school I worked at employs a company to run amusement rides for a twilight fair, do all the necessary checks on the company and that company supplies all the relevant documentation to prove they are capable of doing that job, is it the schools fault if they fu** up?

I feel every leader in the country has done as much as they could to do the best they can in this situation. I don't believe the general public has. I will put my money on it that after this lockdown, we will see numbers rise eventually again. I will also put my money on it that when that happens it will be in the same areas as this time. Who will everyone blame then?

Thats fine, you can call BS, absolutely, better than "you dont live here shut up"

locking up people for their own good is very like his comrades in China i suppose, who he seems happy to get into bed with, imagine if a coalition government locked those people in their homes, the left would be outraged

Which mate did he delay messaging on cedar meats to protect, he locked down differently to everyone else in the national cabinet, he hires security who couldnt guard a sandwhich but thats their fault not his?

he blames families, he blames everyday victorians, he watches 10,000 protest, couldnt crack down then could he?

3.5 million to kpmg? disgraced ministers?
he stacked branches, pissed away billions out in regards to east link,

is anything his fault

he bags out south australia, well the tide turned quickly

having said that he will win the next election as the opposition in Victoria seem to have no pulse

Thats fine, you can call BS, absolutely, better than "you dont live here shut up"

locking up people for their own good is very like his comrades in China i suppose, who he seems happy to get into bed with, imagine if a coalition government locked those people in their homes, the left would be outraged

Which mate did he delay messaging on cedar meats to protect, he locked down differently to everyone else in the national cabinet, he hires security who couldnt guard a sandwhich but thats their fault not his?

he blames families, he blames everyday victorians, he watches 10,000 protest, couldnt crack down then could he?

3.5 million to kpmg? disgraced ministers?
he stacked branches, pissed away billions out in regards to east link,

is anything his fault

he bags out south australia, well the tide turned quickly

having said that he will win the next election as the opposition in Victoria seem to have no pulse
Many of those in full lockdown proved within 24 hours they couldn't be trusted to do the right thing so I've got no problems with that. As for all the China references, nothing more than a memorandum of understanding has been signed. I'm no lawyer, but my understanding is a MoA commits us to nothing, the like of the Herald Sun however, won't let anybody in on that little gem.

The national cabinet acknowledged that different states would need to take different paths. Here in Melbourne we had a gutless opposition leader and one of his rabid little minions who is planning to knife him, who were demanding we reopen three months ago and then criticising Andrews for reopening too soon. The blokes weren't even smart enough to delete their post from 3 months ago and as a result copped over 100 replies with links to their posts claiming the opposite. Even this morning the vic opposition leader went on two different radio shows. On one, said Andrews should open up the economy while on the other said we should be locking everything down. Doesn't fill me with faith that things would have been done any differently had the LNP been in. The use of consultants is not uncommon. South Australia referred to their own use of consultants today in the press conference. I think you will find the figures will be similar in other states if the media bother to look into it.

As for the bagging of S.A. and pissing away billions with East West link. The actual presser where he referenced South Australia was clearly tongue in check with the paraphrased quote being "why would you go to South Australia when you have plenty of beautiful place right here in Victoria?" Hardly bagging South Australia out, more promotion of the local locations. The East - West Link was political sabotage. The LNP clearly stated that the upcoming election would be a litmus test of wether the public wanted East-West link or not. The public spoke and said they didn't want it by voting them out only to find that days after saying they were putting to public vote, they signed a contract with a bullshit clause guaranteeing a payout. Junk politics.

By no means has Andrews been without fault. In hindsight there would be things i'm sure he would change. There is no way I'd want to be in any political leaders position right now and the suggestion that any of them would deliberately put people at risk I feel is a step too far.

Many of those in full lockdown proved within 24 hours they couldn't be trusted to do the right thing so I've got no problems with that. As for all the China references, nothing more than a memorandum of understanding has been signed. I'm no lawyer, but my understanding is a MoA commits us to nothing, the like of the Herald Sun however, won't let anybody in on that little gem.

The national cabinet acknowledged that different states would need to take different paths. Here in Melbourne we had a gutless opposition leader and one of his rabid little minions who is planning to knife him, who were demanding we reopen three months ago and then criticising Andrews for reopening too soon. The blokes weren't even smart enough to delete their post from 3 months ago and as a result copped over 100 replies with links to their posts claiming the opposite. Even this morning the vic opposition leader went on two different radio shows. On one, said Andrews should open up the economy while on the other said we should be locking everything down. Doesn't fill me with faith that things would have been done any differently had the LNP been in. The use of consultants is not uncommon. South Australia referred to their own use of consultants today in the press conference. I think you will find the figures will be similar in other states if the media bother to look into it.

As for the bagging of S.A. and pissing away billions with East West link. The actual presser where he referenced South Australia was clearly tongue in check with the paraphrased quote being "why would you go to South Australia when you have plenty of beautiful place right here in Victoria?" Hardly bagging South Australia out, more promotion of the local locations. The East - West Link was political sabotage. The LNP clearly stated that the upcoming election would be a litmus test of wether the public wanted East-West link or not. The public spoke and said they didn't want it by voting them out only to find that days after saying they were putting to public vote, they signed a contract with a bullshit clause guaranteeing a payout. Junk politics.

By no means has Andrews been without fault. In hindsight there would be things i'm sure he would change. There is no way I'd want to be in any political leaders position right now and the suggestion that any of them would deliberately put people at risk I feel is a step too far.

did he give the science behind the 6 week lockdown today?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I looked at getting a personalised licence plate. $200-$400 for the plate + $440 per year! Why anyone pays for that is beyond me
Personalised plates are a way of showing off how much money you can burn

In the mitts of a stage 4 lockdown, I just signed my first ever part time work contract after being a casual or contractor for my entire working life (since 2010)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back