Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if this is the right place (if it isn't, mods feel free to take it down).

But have been selected to represent Australia at the Oceanic Fencing Championships next month.

Fencing obviously isn't a paid sport (that's right, I pay to represent Australia) so was hoping to try and recoup a little bit of my costs if possible.

Have set up a GoFundMe :) if you want to would love any support if possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I literally cannot stand that they think they are better than everyone else

I’m not perfect but im
Not fake and I’m bloody nice haha

Deep down they likely don't think they are better than everyone else.

Imagine having to act like you are someone completely different because you have no confidence in yourself?

Imagine having to act like you are someone completely different because you have no confidence in yourself?

I've done this in the past, I don't recommend it.

I'm guessing you worked in a corporate job before?

Yep, ex-Big 4. Was more referring to the fact that I'm trans, I was in deep denial about it until very recently.

Yep, ex-Big 4. Was more referring to the fact that I'm trans, I was in deep denial about it until very recently.
Yep, I'm currently in Big 4. I think I'm just holding out for the CA then get a bump on the exit.

That's amazing mate, happy that you can start living life as yourself. 👍

Yep, I'm currently in Big 4. I think I'm just holding out for the CA then get a bump on the exit.

That's amazing mate, happy that you can start living life as yourself. 👍

Thanks mate. I've been out of the Big 4 for almost a decade now, but if you can hold out for the CA then do that. I was pretty burnt out after getting mine, which is quite common actually, one of the partners I worked with (a really great guy) said it was not unusual for people to be 'stuffed' after finishing CA. I work as a sole practitioner now, I don't earn as much and I still get pretty busy at times (like now), but the stakes aren't as high, if that makes sense. Happy to chat further over PM, just might take my time in responding, as we are in the middle of tax season ;)

As for living life as myself, I'm still not sure what that will look like, exactly! I put on various 'masks' over the years to hide it, for a while I bought into somewhat conservative views about gender and sexuality in an attempt to suppress it, even tried turning to religion in search of answers, so at the moment I'm just trying to re-connect with myself again before I decide on next steps. But appreciate the support :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back