Oppo Camp Rank other clubs by how much you like them

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking Avatar. If Manchester United are ahead of Arsenal by the end of the season , you will change your avatar for two days to an Manchester Logo and if Arsenal are ahead of United I will change my avatar to the Arsenal logo for two days.

Done.

Port
Western Bulldogs (feel sorry for them)
Saints (feel sorry for them )
Demons ( losers in everything but dislike Roo's game plans)
West Coast ( aside from cousins i respect their ability to keep coming)
Gold Coast ( Like them to succeed just to stick it up the Titans up here)
GWS (like their Giants name, colours and underdog status and helping us get rid of Primus)
Brizzy Lions ( respect their threepeat)
Swans ( glad they have done well in Neanderthal Rugby league strong hold but tippett and buddy are too much draft dodging )
Freemantle ( supporters are Ok, don't like Ross, eternal losers)
Richmond ( like their colours and song but hate the supporters)
North Melbourne ( don't like the shinboner BS and should have moved to GC for the sake of the game. And Jacobs)
Hawthorn ( pinched too many of our players and staff and theyve had their turn in the sun oh and their beige aunty yellow and brown yew)
Essendon ( Hird annoys me and of course the cheating)
Carlton ( Cheating , Malthouse, born to rule attitude
Adelaide ( the mortal enemy, 5AA ,losing showdowns, Trigg Smart but still appreciate you need a yin and yang in SA to make it work)
Collingwood (hate everything including Eddie and Figjam), No clash guernsey, 20 home games etc etc )

I don't have a second team as such, there's no room in my football heart for another club. It'd be impossible for me to draw up a full list of eighteen, as there are many clubs I don't care about, and emotions are illogical and changeable anyway.

My s**t list changes every season. Current s**t list members include Richmond (they play dirty, annoying supporters, feral all around, think they're contenders because they went on a winning streak and Sydney tanked a game to let them in the finals). $ydney for obvious reasons, loved watching them get thrashed at the big dance. Collingwood are permanent members of the list because they're Collingwood (Pavlovian reaction), and we've historically struggled against them.

I was once annoyed by Hawthorn, how good they were, their sometimes-arrogant supporters, and the 2012 prelim, but now I just admire them. The Bulldogs are ... underdogs, but I don't like them and I don't know why. I think the creation of Gold Coast and GWS was a mistake - as offensive as it sounds, just keep footy strong in the footy states please. About half of my extended family are Port supporters, and unusually for a Crows man I can't say I absolutely despise them, as irritating as their arrogance, success and bandwagon are. (Sick of this delusion that their SANFL flags count, and that they are becoming the bigger AFL club in town :rolleyes:).

Last edited:
Genuinely surprised at the general lack of respect for the Cats. Thought they'd be in a lot of top 4s. They barely cracked a top 8.

I'd go something like:

1. Adelaide
2. Geelong (mad respect for this club and most things they do)
3. Gold Coast (I like the way they've built their list - not convinced Eade was a good choice for them though)
4. GWS (shiny toy)
5. North Melbourne (I generally respect most things they do)
6. Brisbane (was a huge fan of the Leigh Matthews era with Brown, Voss etc.)
7. Melbourne (neither here nor there)
8. Western Bulldogs (feel a bit sorry for them more than anything)
9. Hawthorn (they were my 3rd favourite team before Gunston)
10. West Coast (meh)
11. Essendon (I don't blame Essendon the club for what's happened - I blame Hird)
12. Richmond (never been a fan, but the hate isn't strong, other than Jack Riewoldt)
13. St Kilda (basket case)
14. Carlton (always hated them)
15. Fremantle (Ross Lyon factor and the club has always been full of s**t blokes)
16. Collingwood (obvious)
17. Sydney (plummeted in recent years with Tippett, COLA, Buddy etc - their supporters are a disgrace too)
18. Port (obvious)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most hated in no particular order:

Port
They're a lot harder to hate these days. But when Chocco and Chad were around, I hated them more than a celibate weekend. There was a period from 05-08 they couldn't beat us and so tried to smash our skulls instead. Studley Jnr and Dean the Bogan were the main offenders.

Also, Byron Pickett barely had another kick after 2004, but what he lacked in performance he made up in trying to kill people. Remember when Chocco said he was unemployable? That turned out to be quite the prophecy. What's Byron up to these days? My guess is about 145kg.

Geelong
Open the AFL rule book. There's a rule that came in around 2007. It's called the "if you tackle Joel Selwood, Joel Selwood gets a high-contact free kick" rule. I thought it was a bit odd when I first saw it, but apparently it's all AFL approved.

I've thrown more TV remote controls at Selwood's head than any other player in history.

Fremantle
How many damn times have we lost to s**t Freo teams at Subiaco by a point? Way too many.

Sydney
The AFL wants this mob to succeed so badly, and they're mad about showing us too! Salary cap concessions, gifted home games, Tippetts, Lockets, Halls, Franklins.... Has this kissed-on-the-dick club ever developed their own forward line?

Essendon
Like with Port, I've mellowed slightly, but for about 600 years it was a horror version of Groundhog Day every time we played the Bombers in Melbourne. And it was always the same script - Matthew Lloyd tearing an undersized Crow a new arsehole.

North Melbourne
Not many clubs embrace the "poor us" mentality quite as well as North Melbourne. What exactly is the "Shinboner spirit" anyway? Is it like Port's creed? There should be a cap on how many times North fans can claim a win was due to "Shinboner spirit."

Also, I don't think Brad Scott has EVER smiled in his entire life. Challenge to a journo: make Brad Scott laugh in a press conference. Bonus points if you get him to admit the Shinboner spirit is a bunch of bullshit.

Last edited:
Hard to rank them as it changes often but the tiers usually stay the same.

Other teams I like to see do well: West Coast, St Kilda, Fremantle
Teams I don't mind when we're not playing them: North Melbourne, Richmond, Essendon, Brisbane
Teams I like to see lose: Hawthorn, Carlton, Gold Coast, Melbourne
Teams I love to see lose: GWS, Geelong, Collingwood, Sydney, Bulldogs
Teams that I never want to see win, ever: Port

Just curious, why do u like to see Melbourne lose? We are soo innocent and have had no success in forever

1. Adelaide
  2. GWS
  3. Freo
  4. North Melbourne
  5. Tigers
  6. St.Kilda
  7. Geelong
  8. Brisbane
  9. Melbourne
  10. Carlton
  11. Hawks
  12. West Coast
  13. Western Bulldogs
  14. Sydney
  15. Essendon
  16. Gold Coast
  17. Collingwood
  18. Port Adelaide

Just curious, why do u like to see Melbourne lose? We are soo innocent and have had no success in forever

Lots of reasons. Working with a very arrogant Demon fan doesn't help, but in addition tanking and effectively getting away with it while we paid your penalty.

As I have nothing to do today I will go thru the clubs and just give a reason as to why I dislike them -

Adelaide - Will give some reasons here to be fair - Has caused me severe emotional distress in finals exits that you would think would have to be scripted to be so tragic in nature (vs Hawthorn in Roo farewall, vs Collingwood with last minute soft free against Rutten, '05 and '06 prelim exits after looking certainties for GF, '93 prelim devo ... plus too many finals losses at home.) Stayed with conservative and ultimately proved duplicitous board due to "boys' club" mentality way too long.

Carlton - Mid 90's salary cap cheating going unpunished was once the main reason, plus they once belted us in a final in Melbourne. However, Carlton became my most hated club after working with 3 Carlton supporters with the most misplaced arrogance you could possibly hope to find. Plus they disliked the Crows with a strong passion and loved it when they failed. The reason? They get too much media attention in ADELAIDE. Idiots. They were laughing their heads off after the Tippetgate scandal rolled out. Who's laughing now?!

Essendon - Burning hatred of this now forever tainted club was held by me for many years, due to formation years shellackings at Windy Hill ... but mainly due to the heartbreaking '93 Prelim comeback in which they humiliated us and ensured we employed one R Shaw. I went on to have 2 longterm gf's who barracked for Essendon which just made me hate them all the more. I would rather have been dating a Port fan. Some compensation finally when we gave them the whooping they had long deserved in the '09 Elimination final.

Port Adelaide - Number one factor is hypocrisy of their supporters, they are the most bandwagoner bunch in the history of the league (with statistics to prove it) and yet claim to be the most diehard supporters of their club. Also, they are still not sure whether they are 1 club or 2. The answer to any argument over this is always going to depend on your point of view ... much like the Christian church's trinity concept. Also being a Norwood supporter I grew up with a healthy hatred for Port. This hatred grew as they won multiple premierships in the late 80's. Some villainous players and a multitude of boorish "supporters" (see weekend incident for proof) has ensured dislike for the club has remained high.

West Coast - Hated these guys in the mid 2000's. They were always the ones standing in our road just when it looked like we would achieve something significant. Smirking Ben Cousins of that era increased the strong feelings of dislike. Was very pleased when they "won" a wooden spoon, never hated them as much since.

Sydney - AFL puppet. They talk about the "Bloods' culture" but it's just a load of crap. Where was that culture for 70 years or however long the drought was? About as real as Shinboner spirit or the legacy of the Creed. Their poaching of significant players from other clubs has become a joke. No salary cap rules for them apparently.

Collingwood - Don't hate this team as much as many. I enjoy Eddie's commentary, even if he is biased so that doesn't great one me. Also really enjoyed them losing consecutive GF's in early 2000's. Unfortunately they had to ruin it in 2010. Actually one of my earliest VFL / AFL memories was of them beating Essendon in '90 when I wanted Essendon to win. So I have disliked them since farther back than any other team. Mostly just their undeserved overexposure that irks me. They wanted to be the ManU of AFL. What a joke. Adelaide has higher average home attendance than them. Their "army" bandwagons with the best of them ... except Port.

Hawthorn - Arrogance, arrogance, arrogance. Although they have won a lot of premierships in a short space of time so unlike many it is probably almost justified. Current gf's ex barracks for them .... boooo! Worked with a couple of annoying Hawks fans a few years ago, not as bad as Carlton, but still intolerable. Amazing how many Hawks fans have appeared from the woodwork in the last 10 years, isn't it? Still, they will always hold a soft spot in my heart for letting us beat them in our first ever game and first ever final. Great memories.

Gold Coast, GWS, Brisbane, Fremantle, Melbourne, St Kilda, North Melbourne, Geelong, Richmond, Western Bulldogs - No particular historical or perpetual dislikes. Just hate them every time we play them because they are not Adelaide. Plus I think I have typed more than enough above already.

Last edited:
1. Adelaide
2. Western bulldogs
3. Hawks
4. Gws
5. St Kilda
6. West coast
7. Freo
8. Sydney
9. Gold coast
10. North Melbourne
11. Richmond
12. Melbourne
13. Brisbane
14. Geelong
15. Carlton
16. Essendon
17. Port
18. Collingwood

1. Adelaide
2. St.Kilda (love riewoldt, goddard, dal) really wanted them to get a flag out of 09/10.
3. Port. I'll bleed for this state. I still hate them when they are on top of us but I want to see them do well.

Dislike
16. Gold Coast. Wrap it up and send them to Tasmania. Hope they go 0-22.
17. Richmond. What is there to like about this club? Deluded coach? Soft leadership? Bad list management and drafting for decades?
18. West Coast. Disgraceful organisation, 2006*, serial duckers, downhill skiers.

Adelaide
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Melbourne
GWS
Richmond
Western Bulldogs
St. Kilda
Collingwood
Carlton
North Melbourne
West Coast