Rank our U23's

Remove this Banner Ad

Thilthorpe is literally the only Crows U23 who I'd have any interest in adding to our list. They are screwed for a long time.

People said the same thing about North 12 months ago. A good draft, a shrewd trade or two and a couple of kids who have been on the list for a few years stepping up and it all changes quickly.

People said the same thing about North 12 months ago.
If they did they're idiots. Schoenberg is probably the second best U23 at the Crows, I could think of 6 or 7 U23's at Norf I'd happily take over him.

I would actually take Flogarty off their hands and play him at CHB, see if he can’t condition him 15kgs lighter.

Literally the only thing he's good at is kicking goals, this is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. You may as well say we should recruit Jimmy Rowe and try him in the ruck.

In trouble for a long time yet?

Have you seen Davies Uniacke play? lol

Thomas, Powell, Simpkin + pick 1 last year and another high pick this year.

I think they'll be ok...
I have seen him play, and do think that they have some good young guys coming through as every team but Geelong does, but when can you honestly see them competing for a flag again? Next year, 3 years? 5 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have seen him play, and do think that they have some good young guys coming through as every team but Geelong does, but when can you honestly see them competing for a flag again? Next year, 3 years? 5 years?
I don't think they will compete for a flag, but easiest way to build a competitive team quickly is to have a stacked midfield. Second half of the year they have played a lot better than your typical spooners and there is still a lot more upside.

Here's my comparison list. I tried to be as impartial as possible (and probably failed) and i'll be the first to admit that my knowledge of the bottom end of the Crows list is based on very little watching. I feel like we have a better top end and they have more depth of youngsters (who MAY develop).

I'd definitely take ours.

Port U23 v Crows U23

Butters > Schoenberg

Georgiadis = Thilthorpe

Drew = Butts

Rozee = Scholl

Duursma > Fogharty

Marshall > Murphy

Bergman = Murray.

Farrell = Rowe

Jones > McHenry

Frederick < Berry

Hayes < Hamill

Woodcock < Pedlar

McEntee < McPherson

Williams < Jones

Garner > Hately

Schofield = Worrell

Mead = McAsey

Lord > Gollant

Pasini = O’Connor

Burgoyne < Cook, Borlase, Newchurch Parnell
Bloody hell your being a bit generous arent ya

are you Hamish? Are you a crows apologist?

rozee equal to sholl??? That’s deadset the strangest Thing I’ve read on this forum..

bergman equal to murray???

how are berry and pedler better than their comparisons. I’m not woodcock fan but * me hes done a shitload more than pedlar.. has pedlar touched the footy yet. Fredrick miles ahead of berry at this stage

farrell equal to rowe? On what earth. Ask all 18 clubs who they would pick first between Rowe a slow plodder with no game at all or farrell.

Bloody hell your being a bit generous arent ya

are you Hamish? Are you a crows apologist?

rozee equal to sholl??? That’s deadset the strangest Thing I’ve read on this forum..

bergman equal to murray???

how are berry and pedler better than their comparisons. I’m not woodcock fan but fu** me hes done a shitload more than pedlar.. has pedlar touched the footy yet. Fredrick miles ahead of berry at this stage

farrell equal to rowe? On what earth. Ask all 18 clubs who they would pick first between Rowe a slow plodder with no game at all or farrell.

Yeah like I said probably a bit generous, though I assure there are those on the other side who wouldn't agree.

The whole point of the argument is that even being generous not only are we far better now, we are far better positioned for the future too. Something my Crows mate didn't fully realise until we did this exercise.

FWIW he thought i was being a bit generous to a few of ours too lol.

On exposed AFL form so far.

Port

A Graders: Butters, Rozee, Georgiades

B+ : Duursma

B Graders: Bergman, Drew, Marshall

C Graders: Jones (early call), Farrell, Frederick

D Graders: Woodcock, Garner, Williams (early call)

Crows

A Grader: Thilthorpe

B Graders: Sholl, Shoenberg, Hamill

C Graders: Fogarty, McHenry, Butts, Berry, McPherson

D Graders: Murray, Jones, McAsey, Rowe, O'Connor (early call), Pedlar (early call), Worrell (early call), Hately

All remaining haven't registered a full AFL game.

For us to be were we are in the finals again and to have the youth we have is amazing.
So much exiting talent after taking the 3 amigos in 2018 we also seemed to have nailed our first 2 picks in 2019 full credit to the talent scouts and recruiting team 👌.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back