Rank teams in order of who you'd like to see win a flag other than your own

Remove this Banner Ad

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
1. Fremantle (parochial West Aussie and would love the purple army to snag one finally)
2. St Kilda (drought, only one flag in their long history)
3. Suns (I really want them to succeed and GC to finally have a successful sporting franchise)
4. Melbourne (despite winning emphatically yesterday, I would still love to see them win one at the MCG)
5. West Coast (same as Freo, but they've had more success, so a tad lower than Saints/Suns/Dees)
6. Carlton (old man's a Blues supporter)
7. Adelaide (like this mob)
8. Giants (it would be nice to see the Soviets get one eventually, and one for Toby to annoy the opposition)
9. W. Bulldogs (only ever won two flags, wouldn't mind seeing a few more, likeable club)
10. Port (2004 will always sting, but it'd be nice to see them redeem 119 and get flag 2)
11. North (been a while, smaller club, Shinboner spirit)
12. Essendon (big club but red and black and Sheeds history, jacket waving, Michael Long and that 2000 team, hard to dislike)
13. Sydney (don't mind the Bloods)
14. Geelong (respect them but meh, f**k Dangerflop, they've had their era)
15. Hawthorn (got sick of them in the early 10s)
16. Richmond (ditto late 10s/early 2020s)
17. Collingwood (I don't hate them post-Eddie, but they're still my least favourite)

1. West Coast
2. Brisbane Lions
3. Carlton
4. Western Bulldogs
5. Essendon
6. Gold Coast
7. North Melbourne
8. Sydney
9. St.Kilda
10. GWS
11. Fremantle
12. Melbourne
13. Port
14. Adelaide
15. Richmond
16. Hawthorn
17. Collingwood

1. St Kilda: end the streak, down and out for so long, missed a few chances.
2. Fremantle: longest wait for first flag
3. Gold Coast: down and out for so long, first flag.
4. GWS: first flag.
5. Brisbane: down and out through the 2010s, good to see them do well now.
6. Port: only one flag, would be good to see another.
7. Doggies: soft spot (mum's from western suburbs)
8. Melbourne: play a great brand of footy, great to see them up and about after years of pain.
9. North: probably the best of the rest.
10. West Coast: meh.
11. Sydney: meh
12. Adelaide: meh
13. Carlton: been down so long, they're probably the 'best' of the most-disliked teams.
14. Essendon: meh.
15. Collingwood: will probably rise in my rankings now Eddie has gone.
16. Hawthorn: nah, had their era.
17. Richmond: nah, had their era.

Fremantle and North Melbourne for me. Fremantle has been the ugly cousin of the Eagles since they entered the competition and had some really good teams but haven’t been able to go all the way. Breaking the drought would be huge for WA fans. Huge footy state, passionate supporters. Fyfe and Mundy are really likeable.

North I never liked when Carey was there. Great player, awful bloke. These days I like them. They’ve been starved of success for so long and they’ve got some seriously likeable guys in Cunnington, Goldstein and Ziebell. Like Noble as well, and for a club that’s really struggled I’d like to see them nab one.

1. Melbourne
2. St Kilda
3. Brisbane
4. North Melbourne
5. Gold Coast
6. Port Adelaide
7. Fremantle
8. Adelaide
9. West Coast
10. Collingwood
11. Western Bulldogs
12. Carlton
13. Richmond
14. GWS
15. Sydney
16. Essendon
17. Geelong

1. GWS
2. Gold Coast
3. Fremantle
4. Sydney
5. Geelong
6. North Melbourne
7. West Coast
8. Hawthorn
9. St Kilda
10. Melbourne
11. Brisbane
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Port Adelaide
14. Adelaide
15. Collingwood
16. Richmond
17. Essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Fremantle (parochial West Aussie and would love the purple army to snag one finally)
2. St Kilda (drought, only one flag in their long history)
3. Suns (I really want them to succeed and GC to finally have a successful sporting franchise)
4. Melbourne (despite winning emphatically yesterday, I would still love to see them win one at the MCG)
5. West Coast (same as Freo, but they've had more success, so a tad lower than Saints/Suns/Dees)
6. Carlton (old man's a Blues supporter)
7. Adelaide (like this mob)
8. Giants (it would be nice to see the Soviets get one eventually, and one for Toby to annoy the opposition)
9. W. Bulldogs (only ever won two flags, wouldn't mind seeing a few more, likeable club)
10. Port (2004 will always sting, but it'd be nice to see them redeem 119 and get flag 2)
11. North (been a while, smaller club, Shinboner spirit)
12. Essendon (big club but red and black and Sheeds history, jacket waving, Michael Long and that 2000 team, hard to dislike)
13. Sydney (don't mind the Bloods)
14. Geelong (respect them but meh, f**k Dangerflop, they've had their era)
15. Hawthorn (got sick of them in the early 10s)
16. Richmond (ditto late 10s/early 2020s)
17. Collingwood (I don't hate them post-Eddie, but they're still my least favourite)
Kind of you to have us 5th. Most non Eagles/Freo folk in WA would have us dead last. 😍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back