RANK your AFL commentators with THIS tier list

All in all, which TV station has the better commentator panel?

• Seven

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Fox

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Bring Back Channel Ten!

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I Prefer Radio

Votes: 36 36.0%
  • I despise commentating of any kind

Votes: 6 6.0%

• Total voters

Progressive Aggresion

Team Captain
Jan 30, 2022
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm curious to see all of the individual takes on commentators in these forums, so to make it a simplified process, I wanted to start a thread where people can share their opinions via making a list of their own with the link below:

And just to start us off, I'll also leave you with my completely subjective objective tier list :)

Commentators Ranked.png

Progressive Aggresion

Team Captain
Jan 30, 2022
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There are a couple absentees from the list. If Michael Christian or Tom Harley were on it than I'd happily rank them highly.

1660177473755.png

Can someone please tell Jordan Lewis to STFU.
Special comments not running commentary is your job Jordan.

Lia

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
We need a "poor" category for the likes of Eddie McGuire, Basil Zempilas etc. It is not right to have someone like BT who I like on Triple M but hate on Channel 7 in the same category.

my-image.png

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm curious to see all of the individual takes on commentators in these forums, so to make it a simplified process, I wanted to start a thread where people can share their opinions via making a list of their own with the link below:

And just to start us off, I'll also leave you with my completely subjective objective tier list :)

View attachment 1472693

Apart from Commetti, nearly all of them should be on the "E" list.

my-image-png.1472754

Last edited:

BigPond101

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
BT and Huddo at the top

Whately and his disciple Jason Bennett at the bottom

The others are all about equal in the middle apart from Kelli Underwood and her ear drum torturing voice

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
There are so few commentators who infuse the game with something more than what you’re already seeing. In the 90s when you had Sandy, Bruce, Drew Morphett, Dennis, and Peter Landy doing all the games, and each of them just had one offsider in the box - usually Bernie Quinlan, Ian Robertson, Peter McKenna etc - it was a great time to watch and listen to football.

He cops a lot of grief for some reason but I actually rate Nick Riewoldt’s commentary on the game and his insight in panel shows - even allowing for the incredible drag factor he suffers from being on the abortion that is Best On Ground. He doesn’t over rely on obscure stats and garbage analysis

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brenton Speed , Bennett and Hudson are the best off the top of my head

BT , Carey are two off the top of my head i hate listening to

They have too many in the commentary box , as someone mentioned was better when one caller and someone on the side

Back