Coach Rank your best Coaches, of the current lot end of 2022, excluding Ratten!!

Duskfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Longmire has a lot of great qualities but his really crappy Grand Final record hurts him in lists like this.

1-3 is not a good record.

Still in saying that most coaches have not made 4 Grand Finals in 12 years.

Exactly. A lot of coaches don't even make a grand final, let alone consistently. That alone puts him up there. The bad record doesn't help of course, but it is still something.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Chris Scott has Kardinia Park free wins and a poor finals record, Fagan and Clarkson bully Indigenous players and are criminal.
Since he's been coaching care to guess which team has the highest win % of games not played at Kardinia Park?

Two premierships in 12 years is also not a poor finals record. You could claim it to be ordinary or average (which is also debatable) but not poor. What else have you got that isn't false embarrassing bull sh!t? Give some credit where due please ignorant flog.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
It's very hard to rank in a discrete order given the different variables all of them are working with, but at the moment I'd roughly group them:

Tier 1: Clarkson*, Hardwick, Longmire, C. Scott

Tier 2: Beveridge, Fagan*, Hinkley, Goodwin, Longmuir, McRae, Simpson

Tier 3: Dew, Mitchell, Nicks, B. Scott, Voss

Unknown: Kingsley

Aug 20, 2013
Longmire has a lot of great qualities but his really crappy Grand Final record hurts him in lists like this.

1-3 is not a good record.

Still in saying that most coaches have not made 4 Grand Finals in 12 years.

4 grand finals in 12 years makes you an outstanding coach irrespective of the record in those games, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
If this is career wise until 2022 then:

1. Hardwick
2. Scott
3. Longmire
4. Beverage
5. Simpson
6. Fagan

Blanket over the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apologies to Dees supporters totally forgot about Goodwin. He slots in at 6th under Simpson atm but imo will finish 3rd with a few more good seasons with this Dees team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Back