10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
The Used

1. Lies For The Liars

I don't care for the rest coz they're too emo.

LFTL is easily in my top 10 all time albums. Maybe top 5

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
The Doors: (only including LP's with Jim Morrison)

1. The Doors - 10
2. Morrison Hotel - 9
3. Strange Days - 9
4. LA Woman - 8
5. Waiting For The Sun - 8
6. The Soft Parade - 7

Waiting for the Sun is pretty underrated. Lots of beautiful songs, more gypsy/polka styled keyboards and some of Jim's best lyrical work. It's a bit more niche, but the whole thing works pretty well. For quite a while I was convinced Morrison Hotel was my favourite, but their S/T stands up to any album. So unique and interesting throughout. Slow's down perfectly in the second half and ends pretty emphatically with The End. Perfect LP.

Strange Days doesn't really get it's due either, but it's also an amazing album.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Mastodon:

Leviathan - 9
Blood Mountain - 9
Crack The Skye - 9
Remission - 8
The Emperor of Sand - 8
Once More Round The Sun - 7
The Hunter - 7

Consistently amazing band. Had their peak across Leviathan/BM/CTS and dropped the sludgy sound progressively until they weren't far away from sounding like a contemporary rock band, but they can't really be denied. Not sure they have a classic album - Leviathan is pretty close, and you can make a case for bpth CTS and BM, but ultimately don't think they've crossed the threshold. I love the riffs on the latter, and they certainly influenced an entire sound, which culminated in other similar bands forming, like Kylesa and Baroness.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Nine Inch Nails
Pretty Hate Machine - 8.5 - Not as diverse or conceptual as TDS, and more dated, but also more accessible and consistent
The Downward Spiral - 8.5 - Highly acclaimed and for good reason, but it is a challenging listen, with its abrasiveness and depressing lyrics
The Fragile - 8 - Conceptual like TDS, and the highlights are really good, but less consistent than TDS
Broken - 8 - Heavy, but for mine an easier listen than TDS because it is more straightforward industrial metal - not as conceptual or diverse, though
Hesitation Marks - 7.5 - Catchy singles with good hooks, but a bit uneven and too compressed in terms of audio
Year Zero - 7.5 - More conceptual and even than HM, but also not as catchy
With Teeth - 7 - A bit too subdued and bland to rank with NIN's best, but the singles are fine and the album is relatively accessible and even
Bad Witch - 7 - A fascinating listen from a sonic perspective, but I also found it fairly inaccessible, and it lacked the songwriting of TDS or Broken
Add Violence - 6.5 - Better songwriting than NTAE, but lyrically and soundwise a bit of a retread - the first and last songs are the most notable
The Slip - 6.5 - Tight, but also somewhat faceless
Not The Actual Events - 6 - To me it sounded like a collection of interesting ideas and sounds that didn't mesh all that well

Special mention to the song The Perfect Drug. Haven't really bothered listening to the instrumental (Ghosts) or remix (Fixed) albums - just not my thing.

HalloweenJack

All Australian
Mar 19, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth Arsenal New York Yankees

1. The Doors - 10
2. Morrison Hotel - 9
3. Strange Days - 9
4. LA Woman - 8
6. The Soft Parade - 7

Waiting for the Sun is pretty underrated. Lots of beautiful songs, more gypsy/polka styled keyboards and some of Jim's best lyrical work. It's a bit more niche, but the whole thing works pretty well. For quite a while I was convinced Morrison Hotel was my favourite, but their S/T stands up to any album. So unique and interesting throughout. Slow's down perfectly in the second half and ends pretty emphatically with The End. Perfect LP.

Strange Days doesn't really get it's due either, but it's also an amazing album.
Pretty much my list except I would have LA Woman as a 10 and sitting at number 1.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC

1. The Doors - 10
2. Morrison Hotel - 9
3. Strange Days - 9
4. LA Woman - 8
6. The Soft Parade - 7

Pretty much my list except I would have LA Woman as a 10 and sitting at number 1.
Morrison Hotel - 10
Strange Days - 10
The Doors - 9
L.A Woman - 9
Waiting For The Sun - 8
The Soft Parade - 7

Having been KISStified since the age of 4:

No individual Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Peter Criss or Ace Frehley solo albums bar the 1978 KISS ones.

1. KISS Alive! - this and AC/DC LIVE AT DONINGTON gets a lot of spins at my house
2. Revenge
3. Destroyer
4. Rock and Roll Over
5. Love Gun
6. KISS
7. Creatures
8. Ace Frehley Solo
9. Alive IV (I was there)
10. Unplugged
11. Crazy Nights
12. The Elder
13. Hotter Than Hell