Opinion Ranked grand final match-up you'd most like to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond v Geelong - would probably be a the best spectacle from a neutral - a contrast of styles of play. Also Dusty v Danger - amongst the best two players to watch in the AFL.
Port v Brisbane - just interesting as I dont know either team that well - and both teams were nowhere a couple of years ago.
Port v Geelong - Port could bury the demons of 2007 once and for all
Richmond v Brisbane - the match up that least interests me for some reason. However, Brisbane playing a GF at the Gabba would be massive for them and the game in Qld hopefully.

1. Port vs Lions - obvious easy choice, gives us something different
2. Port vs Cats - '07 repeat lol, prevents Tigers winning
3. Tigers vs Lions - could be a pretty good GF
4. Tigers vs Cats - a bit dull as they've both won plenty lately, but at least the melts will be golden

1. Bris vs Port
=2. Bris vs Rich
=2. Port vs Rich
4. Geel vs Rich

1 > 2 >>> 4. Richmond will make light work of Geelong, the other match ups could go either way.

The AFL will want Bris vs anyone. I don't think they really care who they play so long as the Lions make it. Richmond will probably have the most support in Qld, but if Brisbane make it they will be able to sell out whatever the capacity is anyway. If it ends up Port vs Geelong I would expect the AFL to be handing out tickets to primary school kids. 2020 sucks, the men in suits in a dark room at AFL HQ will be wanting a Lions flag so they can at least get something out of playing 3/4 of the season in Qld.

Don’t care who plays Port Adelaide if we get there, and Brisbane v Richmind if we don’t.

(it’s a pity we can’t have a Richmond v Port Adelaide GF)

Agreed. That'd be my preferred GF, but as that cannot be...

Rich v Bris (I think this would be a better match, although I think we have a better chance against Geelong).
Rich v Geel
Port v Bris
Port v Geel.

1. Bris vs Port
=2. Bris vs Rich
=2. Port vs Rich
4. Geel vs Rich

1 > 2 >>> 4. Richmond will make light work of Geelong, the other match ups could go either way.

The AFL will want Bris vs anyone. I don't think they really care who they play so long as the Lions make it. Richmond will probably have the most support in Qld, but if Brisbane make it they will be able to sell out whatever the capacity is anyway. If it ends up Port vs Geelong I would expect the AFL to be handing out tickets to primary school kids. 2020 sucks, the men in suits in a dark room at AFL HQ will be wanting a Lions flag so they can at least get something out of playing 3/4 of the season in Qld.

Pretty sure it wont be Port v Rich.

I'm sure it'll sell out regardless. It's not like they're trying to fill the MCG here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port vs Geelong - Power smash em

Port vs Brisbane - Hope Power win but would be happy for the Lions if they got up .

Brisbane v Richmond, so when Brisbane win the Tigers fans complain about having to play the GF at the opposition's home ground. Just to see WC fans responses.

But seriously, I don't care that much.
I'd like to see Fagan win a flag or five. I think he would be the first Tasmanian to coach a VFL/AFL premiership side, at least since the days of playing coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back