Opinion Ranking Essendon Rivalries

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough mate :)
Sorry, prefix my statement with something like "for me" or "personally speaking" or "in my opinion".

I simply can't stand losing to Adelaide because of where I live, most others here don't give 2 shits about them. In my mind it's a must win game every time due to the consequences of losing, on a personal level it's a rivalry.

Losing a grand final to a team doesn't by default make it a rivalry. I don't feel anything in the leadup to a Lions game other than hoping we win or, more recently, hope we don't get beaten too bad.
Agreed on the GF part. daniher and the leprechaun jumping around gives it an edge.

If anything we should have an affinity for norf since they denied the scum a flag when our incompetency couldn't. Any club that plays a part in stopping a scummy premiership is not too bad in my books.
Hate him as a person but carey was one of my favourite players to watch as a kid so didnt mind seeing them win their flags. Like others have only started dislike them recently because of their fans on here and twitter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this post will incur some wrath but here goes... I think that the North rivalry is higher than people are willing to admit. Driven largely by BigFooty expending effort to insist that there is no rivalry. It's like leaving a tonne of messages on your Ex's phone to say that you're not thinking about them OR going over to read the North board and posting that there is no rivalry.

I think this post will incur some wrath but here goes... I think that the North rivalry is higher than people are willing to admit. Driven largely by BigFooty expending effort to insist that there is no rivalry. It's like leaving a tonne of messages on your Ex's phone to say that you're not thinking about them OR going over to read the North board and posting that there is no rivalry.
That's fair enough.

But yeah nah.

It's big for them, for sure.

Last edited:
I get the bigfooty thing, they are ******* irrational ********s. The h2h record is embarrassing.
norf =
Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

I love Darcy Parish

It's big for them, for sure.
If they mattered outside of BigFooty we would have much bigger crowds (on our side) when we play each other and would have to move the game to the MCG… or at least make it fully ticketed.

It’s usually a replacement home game for them in the years when it’s our actual home game. But even when Essendon is going well and drawing a big crowd each week, it still doesn’t get to the point of being fully ticketed or moving it to the MCG.

I nearly put a University logo in their as well, just so I could rank them above North

I hate Fitzroy more than many other sides because of that 1 point win in 1986 in the wet out at Waverly when Micky fricken Conlan, who had done nothing all day, kicked the winning goal. It's still too soon to talk about it properly. Maybe one day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back