Ranking Richmond’s players by Importance to our chances of Winning

Remove this Banner Ad

A different take is that our most important players are the so called bottom six, if the better players hold their form then they become crucial...
Soldo, Short, Broad, Ellis, Castagna, Baker would be our least rated players.
Sorry I missed your post as I went down the same road.

Given the current state of play Dylan Grimes is without a shadow of a doubt our most crucial player when it comes to winning. Honestly, with Rance out, if he went down or got smashed I don’t see how we could beat a top 4 side. Our backline would be in disarray.
I think we can win without Dusty going ape, or meatball having 30, obviously with significant trouble, but doable, we can cover, but no Sir Dylan...no no no....without Sir Dylan we are *ethed

The role of Broad in our system gives us more freedom, as it has allowed Grimes to cover Rances role and him to slot into a more Grimeseque role of the last couple years. It is always good to have a tall, and athletic defender playing on both small, medium, and talls, allowing vlaustain and the running defenders more freedom. Though, definitely agree with the sentiment that we need the bottom six to play there best footy at the tail end.

The role of Broad in our system gives us more freedom, as it has allowed Grimes to cover Rances role and him to slot into a more Grimeseque role of the last couple years. It is always good to have a tall, and athletic defender playing on both small, medium, and talls, allowing vlaustain and the running defenders more freedom. Though, definitely agree with the sentiment that we need the bottom six to play there best footy at the tail end.
WOW fisrt post...welcome aboard DD... :thumbsu:

I reckon our HB group is really important.
Yep..i don't recall a game where vlastuin houli short stack broad etc played sub par games and we won.

What really wins you flags isn't your best 22 its players 23-28.

How many of these guys would be best 22 in other teams?
Mcintosh stack balta butler ross (markov ccj garth)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funk me dead, we have an amazingly talented and deep list.

You'd think so but if you check the main board carlton fans highlight how richmons 11th/12th/13th best player are very overrated, much of the team is average and its a "myth" to say otherwise. Also Liam Jones would not only walk into the tigers 22 but is vastly superior to astbury

You'd think so but if you check the main board carlton fans highlight how richmons 11th/12th/13th best player are very overrated, much of the team is average and its a "myth" to say otherwise. Also Liam Jones would not only walk into the tigers 22 but is vastly superior to astbury
Liam Jones is a joke! Much like Carltons backline! Jones wouldn't get a game in 15 other sides!

On Mi 9T using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't think they're that for off from the truth tbh...

In a world where unicorns aimlessly roam through the fields and leprechauns rule the world, maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back