Opinion Ranking the AFL midfield - BJ Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

You clearly have nfi. I'm not saying he's a great List Manager but to say that he "ignores good players" when he's drafted more All Australians than Collingwood since 2004 (when he started being List Manager in earnest) is simply incorrect.

If you're saying he's anything more than a joke of a list manager, then you my friend, have absolutely nfi :$

This competition is based on providing every club with equal access to funds, draft picks and salary cap. Your club has gone 15 years (LOL) without winning a final. 15!! Even carlton have won a final more recently than your mob!

He is doing something very, very wrong. His job is to build a list to win finals. Not recruit a few future All Australians.

If you're saying he's anything more than a joke of a list manager, then you my friend, have absolutely nfi :$

This competition is based on providing every club with equal access to funds, draft picks and salary cap. Your club has gone 15 years (LOL) without winning a final. 15!! Even carlton have won a final more recently than your mob!

He is doing something very, very wrong. His job is to build a list to win finals. Not recruit a few future All Australians.
I'm saying that it's not that simple.

Though given your posting history, I shouldn't expect anything but simplicity from you.

I'm saying that it's not that simple.

Though given your posting history, I shouldn't expect anything but simplicity from you.

You've got it all wrong, the only simpleton in here is you.

What is it with Essington supporters? You were probably a Hird-ite too...

I would have the Dogs higher and he has a clear bias towards ess who should be bottom 4.

How did Essendon win games last year then? It definitely wasn't on the back of a strong forward line.

Don't see how our midfield could be much worse than mid table unless you rate our back 6 insanely highly.

Interesting stats are:

Clearance Differential

Top 4
Power
Giants
Demons
Eagles

Bottom 4
Kangaroos
Tigers
Swans
Hawks

Centre Clearance Differential

Top 4
Power
Giants
Demons
Cats

Bottom 4
Kangaroos
Pies
Hawks
Swans

Contested Possession Differential

Top 4
Cats
Giants
Lions
Magpies

Bottom 4
Suns
Tigers
Eagles
Swans

Personally I think a midfields ability to win inside ball especially around the ground is overrated. In modern football it seems far more important as to how you win the ball back from the opposition rather than who wins it first. I mean look at the grand final it didn't matter if GWS won the ball because the Tigers were able to transition the ball effectively whereas GWS couldn't move get the ball past half way.

You've got it all wrong, the only simpleton in here is you.

What is it with Essington supporters? You were probably a Hird-ite too...
Wow, what a full on melt. Just for pointing out Academy rules to a Richmond supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back