Ranking the "big six" managers

Remove this Banner Ad

Porto winning the CL would be like spurs or Liverpool winning it this year. Would be truly remarkable regardless of who they draw along the way and would elevate Poch/Klopp's standing in the game incredibly.
Spurs sure, Liverpool less so given our pedigree in the competition and the way we can score goals. With our Fab Four we are a chance to blow anyone off the park.

Spurs sure, Liverpool less so given our pedigree in the competition and the way we can score goals. With our Fab Four we are a chance to blow anyone off the park.
With Lovren and Mignolet still starting you'll need bloody front 7 up front firing not just a Fab Four.

Would have to be a very lucky draw for Liverpool to get through to a final. Over 180 mins it'd be very hard for that defence to win it

With Lovren and Mignolet still starting you'll need bloody front 7 up front firing not just a Fab Four.

Would have to be a very lucky draw for Liverpool to get through to a final. Over 180 mins it'd be very hard for that defence to win it

Doubt Lovren would be playing much towards the latter stages if we make it that far.

Mignolet on his day is a great shot stopper but has very poor games occasionally. Was the best performing keeper in the last 3rd of last season in the EPL.

In any case it's Karius who will play in Europe and has looked good so far.

Being woke.
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's only Wenger that is going backwards you feel. But he has been in the game a long time and is just probably a bit stale.

Still has 3 trophies in 4 years, having beating both Conte and Pep on the way and in to another cup final where he'll need to beat both again.

Completely crazy when you consider how much he seems to handicap himself with transfers and tactical choices.

I have no doubt if Wenger had left Arsenal for Bayern/Juventus/PSG at the end of 2004 he would have added bulk league titles, cups and probably a CL title or two to his CV by now.

What are your parameters?
Successful longevity with an eye to succeed in the future are big factors. I'm not a Postecoglou type of guy who'd rather see his team sacrifice results for a particular brand of football being implemented, I want an eye to do both things.

But ultimately it comes down to winning things which Poch has failed to do so far, Klopp has won a league title and taken his team to a couple of European finals in more recent times compared to Arsene so he gets the nod on that one for now.

Perhaps if Arsene wins EL this year then he goes up a notch over Klopp as imo it's a difficult competition to win most years and I rate it above the FA Cup, he is also losing his best players too with a declining squad so I feel it would be an excellent achievement for him if he were to win it.

I feel Pep has always had the best of the best available to him at Barca, Bayern and now City, so imo Mou and Conte are ahead of him because they win with lesser squads, I feel they are better tactically, particularly defensively with an eye to getting the best out of certain players or systems put in place.

As typeclub has sad many times, being an austerity club its tough to attract the best.
That's why I think poch will go soon and conte deserves better, he is a better manager than pep and mou.
Rodgers wouldn't be bad to develop young talent.

Successful longevity with an eye to succeed in the future are big factors. I'm not a Postecoglou type of guy who'd rather see his team sacrifice results for a particular brand of football being implemented, I want an eye to do both things.

But ultimately it comes down to winning things which Poch has failed to do so far, Klopp has won a league title and taken his team to a couple of European finals in more recent times compared to Arsene so he gets the nod on that one for now.

Perhaps if Arsene wins EL this year then he goes up a notch over Klopp as imo it's a difficult competition to win most years and I rate it above the FA Cup, he is also losing his best players too with a declining squad so I feel it would be an excellent achievement for him if he were to win it.

I feel Pep has always had the best of the best available to him at Barca, Bayern and now City, so imo Mou and Conte are ahead of him because they win with lesser squads, I feel they are better tactically, particularly defensively with an eye to getting the best out of certain players or systems put in place.
But then what about what has been achieved previously?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back