Ranking the "big six" managers

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Poch tries to copy Klopp and Pep but falls a little short.
LOLOLOLOLOL :drunk::drunk::drunk: what a load of s**t

His style is vastly different, sure they all gegenpress to win the ball back off the opposition, but they set up differently to do so

Klopp, doesn't play with holding mids, he loads his midfield up with players suited to play as 8s and 10s, thus giving his back four limited protection, relies heavily on wide attackers to score.

Pep always plays a 4-3-3 and has one ball playing holding mid feeding two attack minded 8s, his wide attackers stay wide but are heavily relied upon for width and to counter. His attack minded 8s drift up field to join the attack centrally when the chance is there, normally from De Bruyne, a role similar to what Lampard perfected.

Poch has shown a lot of flexibility with his set up, going between 4-2-3-1 and 3-6-1 regularly depending on his opponent and personnel available to him. He also would rather load up his midfield centrally and push the wingbacks up for width than always play with wide attackers for width, like what Liverpool and City seem to rely on heavily to attack with. At least with Lucas coming in he has a proper wide outlet now to use if needed.
Needs to win something before he can be considered elite.
You finally say something somewhat accurate... but Klopp hasn't won jack with Liverpool yet either, can only be a dose of jodbias that sees him at the top of your list :$

His style is vastly different, sure they all gegenpress to win the ball back off the opposition, but they set up differently to do so

Klopp, doesn't play with holding mids, he loads his midfield up with players suited to play as 8s and 10s, thus giving his back four limited protection, relies heavily on wide attackers to score.

Pep always plays a 4-3-3 and has one ball playing holding mid feeding two attack minded 8s, his wide attackers stay wide but are heavily relied upon for width and to counter. His attack minded 8s drift up field to join the attack centrally when the chance is there, normally from De Bruyne, a role similar to what Lampard perfected.

Poch has shown a lot of flexibility with his set up, going between 4-2-3-1 and 3-6-1 regularly depending on his opponent and personnel available to him. He also would rather load up his midfield centrally and push the wingbacks up for width than always play with wide attackers for width, like what Liverpool and City seem to rely on heavily to attack with. At least with Lucas coming in he has a proper wide outlet now to use if needed.

You finally say something somewhat accurate... but Klopp hasn't won jack with Liverpool yet either, can only be a dose of jodbias that sees him at the top of your list :$
The silence is telling.
Complete and utter nonsense that is very easily rebutted.

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
0050561900000258-4470356-image-a-3_1493828158838.jpg

I'm sure it burns Sol deeply.....
Still the last yid captain to touch The Prem trophy:hearts:

The silence is telling.
Complete and utter nonsense that is very easily rebutted.
He deffs went fishing.

Sep 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Al-Nassr FC
Conte has been successful in Italy and England but this season its as if he's possessed by some demon. Why would any manager of a top 6 club want to buy Andy Caroll.
Its the Austerity demon. You don't really think he wanted Carol do you? He wanted Dzeko and Vidal.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Poch does need to up it with his in-game tactics. His subs this season and lack of tactical switching during games has cost us. I suppose he’s going to cop some flak after blowing it last night. He’s a great manager no doubt, but he’s still got a lot to learn

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Sky Sports were looking at what Jose's best ever coached XI would be...

My shot
Iker
Ramos Terry Cavalho Cole
Robben Makelele Lampard
Ronaldo Ibra Eto'o

De Gea will probably overtake Iker but I'll keep Iker there for the time being.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Drogba over Ibra

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Sky Sports were looking at what Jose's best ever coached XI would be...

My shot
Iker
Ramos Terry Cavalho Cole
Robben Makelele Lampard
Ronaldo Ibra Eto'o

De Gea will probably overtake Iker but I'll keep Iker there for the time being.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Cech was at his prime in Jose's first Chelsea stint so would have him in there instead of an over the hill Casillas. Also the Sneijder he had at inter should have won the ballon d'or so would fit him in the midfield by replacing Ibra.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As it stands now

Pep
Mou
Klopp
Conte
Wenger
Poch

There’s a huge white elephant in the room with Poch right now. I feel his stubbornness has sabotaged us not only this season but you could argue last season as well. No doubt he’s extremely talented but he’s got to change his ways if he is going to make the final step. Pep has reestablished himself this season after the poor 2016/17 although detractors will say is done too much via the chequebook. Mou doesn’t always deliver an attractive brand but if you want trophies then there’s no one better. Klopp could potentially go to the top of this list for me if he delivers big trophies over the next few seasons starting with the CL this season. I’ve always rated him. Conte has fallen back and seems to fall out with players too easily but his record is exceptional. Wouldn’t surprise me if Wenger goes out as a winner. Too inconsistent for too long where it mattered but you have to respect all that he has achieved over the years

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Don't think that can be argued with.

Emery really only fifth because of his past experience. Solskjaer is showing more than him at the moment.

Emery has won a lot of trophies in his career while Poch and Sarri have won nothing so there is definitely an argument to be had, but there's just something about Emery that doesn't have me convinced.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Emery has won a lot of trophies in his career while Poch and Sarri have won nothing so there is definitely an argument to be had, but there's just something about Emery that doesn't have me convinced.
Granted he inherited a squad that isn't up to standard. A handful of players are good, but so much needs work. Defence, the wingers. It would be interesting to swap him with Solskjaer and see how they go.

Back